Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality vinyl decals in Cork for a frame???

Options
  • 26-06-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place in Cork where I can get some good quality custom decals printed ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

clod71 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a place in Cork where I can get some good quality custom decals printed ?
    Thanks

I couldn't find someone in Ireland to do it, so I used Retrodecals in England.

I emailed a couple of different sign makers, vinyl printers etc, but I either got no reply, or I was told a single batch would work out too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

cletus wrote: »
    I couldn't find someone in Ireland to do it, so I used Retrodecals in England.

I emailed a couple of different sign makers, vinyl printers etc, but I either got no reply, or I was told a single batch would work out too expensive

Thanks cletus,
    When collecting the frame yesterday in the body shop, I asked them too and it turns out their next door neighbour, EDGESIGNS, does that...
    I asked them and he confirmed that he can do custom decals and he told me to send in the file for a quote.
    I'll update the thread as soon as I have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

I did a diy respray last month. Cork Signs did vinyl decals for me that were fine, but just text so nothing fancy. It was a challenge finding anyone.
    How much was the respray?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

I did a diy respray last month. Cork Signs did vinyl decals for me that were fine, but just text so nothing fancy. It was a challenge finding anyone.
    How much was the respray?

Not a respray, but a first spray... on a new raw steel frame.
    I think he did a great job. it was 200 because I picked a metallic colour. A plain colour would've been 150
    Owen Hodder on the Tramore Road

AF1QipM02_4HHRb0RfPPTpJwYO5ZEfK3bl7y3-ZrEdur
    AF1QipOwmIxg1n6fTMaSw_IanmJagFtUSFcURHRdglp6

clod71 wrote: »
    Not a respray, but a first spray... on a new raw steel frame.
    I think he did a great job. it was 200 because I picked a metallic colour. A plain colour would've been 150
    Owen Hodder on the Tramore Road

AF1QipM02_4HHRb0RfPPTpJwYO5ZEfK3bl7y3-ZrEdur
    AF1QipOwmIxg1n6fTMaSw_IanmJagFtUSFcURHRdglp6

Pictures?

• Advertisement

This was pretty much the final clear coat on my project. Badge was bought from the UK, Reynolds supplied me with a new "531" badge and Cork Signs did the vinyl "British Eagle" print for me.

IMG-8825.jpg

That's a really nice job

Thanks, Spray.bike for the paint, really like the copper finish. The old paint stripping was the hard part, plus waiting months for the warmer weather to return to help with the drying.

Thanks, Spray.bike for the paint, really like the copper finish. The old paint stripping was the hard part, plus waiting months for the warmer weather to return to help with the drying.

How much did the paint cost

cletus wrote: »
    How much did the paint cost
    I ended up spending about €40 on spray.bike primer, extra 1k primer and 2k clear coat and €30 on 2 tins from spray.bike, copper and blue. I probably spent more due to changing colours and getting the 1k primer and 2k clear coat. It's a 28 yr old frame so i was generous with the primer coats. You'd get 2 colours primed and clear coated for less than €50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement