Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT calculation query

Options
  • 26-06-2020 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I bought a car in the UK just before Covid had us all on lockdown. Anyways, I've my appointment to have it registered in a couple of weeks, and just wanted to get a little advice on that.
    IIRC I saw somewhere online (though can no longer find the link) where you could pay either 5 or 10 euro, and it would give you the exact amount you'd be expected to pay. Is this legit, and would anyone know where to find that service?

Also, surely if I go in with a debit card on the day, there'll be a transaction limit? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The paid services by the likes of vrt.ie are not affiliated with Revenue and give no comeback if they’re inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These crowds charging to give you a VRT figure cannot guarantee you it's accurate anymore than you calculating it yourself. They are just charging you for the convenience of not doing it yourself. It's only as accurate as the information entered which may or may not be the amount charged on the day. It's also listed on the NCT.ie website the various methods of payment they accept. The daily limit on your debit card is set by your bank not by the VRT people.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lolalola

bazz26 wrote: »
    These crowds charging to give you a VRT figure cannot guarantee you it's accurate anymore than you calculating it yourself. They are just charging you for the convenience of not doing it yourself. It's only as accurate as the information entered which may or may not be the amount charged on the day. It's also listed on the NCT.ie website the various methods of payment they accept. The daily limit on your debit card is set by your bank not by the VRT people.

Thanks - any idea how to obtain a 'statistical code' for a more accurate calculation?

Is the car you're looking at not on the calculator?

Can you either post a link to the car advert, the uk reg number, or the specific details of the car? Sometimes specific models are hard to find on the calculator.

• Advertisement

"A Statistical Code uniquely identifies a particular Make, Model, Version and Variant of a vehicle, with an individual OMSP determined by Revenue for that vehicle." ...? What is this, where do I find it?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is the car you're looking at not on the calculator?

Can you either post a link to the car advert, the uk reg number, or the specific details of the car? Sometimes specific models are hard to find on the calculator.

GV14 RRO Mini Countryman Diesel

It's more the Nox i'd be worried about than the VRT on a 2014. Being a BMW product, it may be Euro 6 compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A statistical code is generated when you fill out the details in the system and it comes back with a figure.

It's more the Nox i'd be worried about than the VRT on a 2014. Being a BMW product, it may be Euro 6 compliant.

How would I figure out the Nox?

• Advertisement

VRT would be €1,950 plus Nox charge.

I'm assuming 105,000 miles

Statistical Code 42487348
    Model ONE
    Make MINI
    Version 1.6 D COUNTRYMAN 5DR

Breakdown of VRT Calculation

Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) determined by Revenue €26078
    Monthly Adjustment +100%
    Depreciation Code Allocated by Revenue B1
    Odometer Reading 105000 Miles
    Date of First Registration July 2014
    Mileage/Kilometre Reduction €0
    Rate of Depreciation for this Vehicle 56%
    Current OMSP determined by Revenue €11474

Revenue CO2 Estimate
    CO2 Emissions 115
    Rate of VRT 17%
    CO2 VRT Charges (payable on enquiry) €1,950

lolalola wrote: »
    How would I figure out the Nox?

It should be on the UK V5 certificate.

I'd say it'll be quite low as BMW were ahead of the curve with regards emissions

VRT would be €1,950 plus Nox charge.

I'm assuming 105,000 miles

Statistical Code 42487348
    Model ONE
    Make MINI
    Version 1.6 D COUNTRYMAN 5DR

Breakdown of VRT Calculation

Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) determined by Revenue €26078
    Monthly Adjustment +100%
    Depreciation Code Allocated by Revenue B1
    Odometer Reading 105000 Miles
    Date of First Registration July 2014
    Mileage/Kilometre Reduction €0
    Rate of Depreciation for this Vehicle 56%
    Current OMSP determined by Revenue €11474

Revenue CO2 Estimate
    CO2 Emissions 115
    Rate of VRT 17%
    CO2 VRT Charges (payable on enquiry) €1,950

It should be on the UK V5 certificate.

I'd say it'll be quite low as BMW were ahead of the curve with regards emissions

Hmmm, I got an estimate of €6800 entering details (which REALLY freaked me out), but that was without any Nox figure .....? I'll have to check out the V5 - thanks for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Hmmm, I got an estimate of €6800 entering details (which REALLY freaked me out), but that was without any Nox figure .....? I'll have to check out the V5 - thanks for this!

If you left the nox charge blank, then it would calculate the nox charge as the maximum possible payable on any car and give you a figure several thousand more then what it would normally be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

If you left the nox charge blank, then it would calculate the nox charge as the maximum possible payable on any car and give you a figure several thousand more then what it would normally be.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

It’s a Euro5 engine not newer Euro6 And nox is 160 so €2300 on top of vrt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭User1998

If that figure is correct it would actually be €2,600.

After looking on Autotrader it seems that there are very few Euro 6 engined 2014 Countryman’s, (only 5 in total), so be prepared to pay heavily for it, I found a 2014 with .170 of Nox which would be €2,850.

I know its too little to late but you would have been much better off paying a couple of grand extra for a 2016, and then only paid a couple of hundred in Nox

I hope the car was very cheap.

Advertisement