Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

BBC reporting 3 dead and a police officer stabbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It is confirmed (BBC and Sky News) that 3 are dead, and the assailant shot dead, and a police officer has been stabbed.

With all the recent rhetoric focused on the police, and people recently holding up signs at marches saying that "White silence = violence", it does not surprise me that we are seeing an increase in these types of attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Kivaro wrote: »
    With all the recent rhetoric focused on the police, and people recently holding up signs at marches saying that "White silence = violence", it does not surprise me that we are seeing an increase in these types of attacks.

Hold on. Not many details are released yet. Lets wait and see what group is to blame, because no matter what, it'll be a whole group of people to blame.

It couldnt be just a mad person in a homeless shelter(hotel) going bananas and losing their head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Hold on. Not many details are released yet. Lets wait and see what group is to blame, because no matter what, it'll be a whole group of people to blame.

It couldnt be just a mad person in a homeless shelter(hotel) going bananas and losing their head.

You new here? First thing to do is blame "otherness" on this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18401817.scottish-charities-anger-glasgow-refugees-hotel-move/

Might have some relevance! Sad all round but think could be just a person losing the plot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Hatred is to blame. Be it on the left or the right, the middle, black or white, brown or blue.

There's too much hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That's CA. See new thread, wait for 2 posts, BLM are to blame. Its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Reports of multiple people stabbed at a hotel in Glasgow city centre. At least 6 injured according to early reports. Very sad that there are people out there with so much hate inside them.

https://news.sky.com/story/armed-police-deployed-after-several-injured-in-serious-incident-in-glasgow-12015385

Indeed it is sad that there is so much hate in anyone, but remember if the attacker is a right leaning white male, then yes it's hateful bigotry that caused it and we should all be very very angry and not tolerate this.

If it's a certain religious ideology Is**m, then it's a misunderstanding and not hateful at all, he must have mental health issues.

We won't get mad, just sing "dont look back in anger" and have us all some hippy love.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Kivaro wrote: »

You would do well to follow the last sentence of Nicola Sturgeons tweet on the matter before attempting to push whatever agenda you are using this sad situation for.
    517862.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Indeed it is sad that there is so much hate in anyone, but remember if the attacker is a right leaning white male, then yes it's hateful bigotry that caused it and we should all be very very angry and not tolerate this.

If it's a certain religious ideology Is**m, then it's a misunderstanding and not hateful at all, he must have mental health issues.

We won't get mad, just sing "dont look back in anger" and have us all some hippy love.

Well it's actually the opposite in reality, outside the right-wing social media bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

It appears a number of people have lost there lives in Glasgow. If rumours are true it will be the second terror related attack within a week in the UK. There was very little coverage of the Reading incident IMO. Will this story follow a similar path?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

splashuum wrote: »
    It appears a number of people have lost there lives in Glasgow. If rumours are true it will be the second terror related attack within a week in the UK. There was very little coverage of the Reading incident IMO. Will this story follow a similar path?

Depends who is the perpatrator whether it gets much coverage or not - afterwards that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The sad fact is the frequency of these has increased in recent years to the point the media and public interest has warned. It's become just another risk.

10 years a go would have headline news for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Hope the perpetrator is dead, preferably shot dead by armed response.

Too good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have friends in Glasgow and this is truely awful news :/ it’s a lovely city that has a lot of Irish connections.

Years ago went to a Celtic match it was great and we had a nice meal after wards in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

No confirmation of lives lost yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

No confirmation of lives lost yet?

3 dead plus the attacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Shot four times, died on the way to hospital.

Police officer he stabbed is currently in theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Have friends in Glasgow and this is truely awful news :/ it’s a lovely city that has a lot of Irish connections.

Years ago went to a Celtic match it was great and we had a nice meal after wards in the city centre.

One of the most dangerous cities in western Europe not too long ago. Where matches between Celtic and Rangers would always see numerous badly injured men end up in hospital. That was a given for the police and paramedics. And many fatalities. Glasgow might be some things but i wouldn't class it a lovely city.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

One of the most dangerous cities in western Europe not too long ago. Where matches between Celtic and Rangers would always see numerous badly injured men end up in hospital. That was a given for the police and paramedics. And many fatalities. Glasgow might be some things but i wouldn't class it a lovely city.

Chalk ,, when was the last time you were in Glasgow ,, cracking city was there last year no bother at all and at Celtic v Rangers as well.
    many fatalities can you back up with facts

How many Murders in Dublin the last few years / London ETC

Jeez you lot argue just for the sake of arguing.

RIP to those who died.

Here’s hoping that the police officer makes a full recovery. With all the rhetoric lately, this officer (and many others like them), went towards danger so that danger didn’t come to us.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

20 posts deleted already. If you want to contribute to this thread do so in a civil manner and await official reports rather than speculating over perpetrator and/or victims

No more warnings - cards and bans for ignoring this one

afro man wrote: »
    Chalk ,, when was the last time you were in Glasgow ,, cracking city was there last year no bother at all and at Celtic v Rangers as well.
    many fatalities can you back up with facts

How many Murders in Dublin the last few years / London ETC

I've never been to Glasgow. Have been thinking of visiting Glasgow and Edinburgh for a few years. Maybe catch a Celtic game. I've friends that regularly go over to games.

I'm sure there's nice parts to it but all i'm saying is it has always had a reputation as a fairly tough city. Edinburgh is supposed to be a beautiful city to walk around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've never been to Glasgow. Have been thinking of visiting Glasgow and Edinburgh for a few years. Maybe catch a Celtic game. I've friends that regularly go over to games.

I'm sure there's nice parts to it but all i'm saying is it has always had a reputation as a fairly tough city. Edinburgh is supposed to be a beautiful city to walk around.

Until you walk into Leith as myself and pals did once.

I've been in both numerous times and generally lovely places, Glasgow a bit more of an edge. Bit as I said, Leith in Edinburgh ain't somewhere to go for a stroll.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Until you walk into Leith as myself and pals did once.

I've been in both numerous times and generally lovely places, Glasgow a bit more of an edge. Bit as I said, Leith in Edinburgh ain't somewhere to go for a stroll.

I've read Trainspotting where all the characters are Hibs fans and from Leith. Sounds like Darndale, Neilstown or any other working class Dublin area. Isn't it out a bit from the city centre? If i was in Edinburgh the only reason id probably be out that way is if i went to a Hibs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Glasgow like any city has its rough areas but you would have no reason to visit them The city centre is fine and there is always a visible police presence. I always feel much safer there than in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I don't think we'll ever see a more insane year for world events in our lifetimes as 2020

And it's only June!

I think, unfortunately, there's far worse to come in the USA before the end of December

Advertisement