If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" TV for the dear old mum

Options
  • 26-06-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey Richersounds team,

Over the lockdown, my old (15yrs!!!!) slimline CRT I'd passed on to my mum has started acting up. I'd like to get her a replacement if you could suggest one?

No need for advanced features, somewhere around 40/42" in size, good HD picture, easy to use and an ability to run netflix and disney+ well are the only pre-reqs. Price should be under 400, closer to 300 would be gravy. 

Delivery is to Clare. 

Thanks much!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Richersounds team,

Over the lockdown, my old (15yrs!!!!) slimline CRT I'd passed on to my mum has started acting up. I'd like to get her a replacement if you could suggest one?

No need for advanced features, somewhere around 40/42" in size, good HD picture, easy to use and an ability to run netflix and disney+ well are the only pre-reqs. Price should be under 400, closer to 300 would be gravy. 

Delivery is to Clare. 

Thanks much!
    Hey BoomsNbeers.

Thanks for the post.

Starting point would be a Linsar 43" priced at 269 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204405-linsar-43uhd8000fp-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Next up is a 43" Samsung at 349 Euro (Currently out of stock)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204592-samsung-ue43tu7000-new-t-series-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boomsNbeers

Hi Dave,

I don't know Linsar as a brand and while it would be grand for just TV, I'd like her to get access to Netflix/Disney+ so I think the Samsung is the better bet.

When do you think it'll be back in stock? I'll be happy to get it when it is.

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Dave,

I don't know Linsar as a brand and while it would be grand for just TV, I'd like her to get access to Netflix/Disney+ so I think the Samsung is the better bet.

When do you think it'll be back in stock? I'll be happy to get it when it is.

Thanks!
    Hey BoomsNBeers.

Linsar would be our entry level and are not bad at all for the money but do lack on some of the feature and apps the more well known brands offer.

I will keep my eye out for the Samsung arriving and drop you a post.

A "Buy It Now Button" will also appear on our website once stock arrives.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.