Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Area after shed removal

• 26-06-2020 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭

Back yard was tarmacked one time around an 12x8 shed.
    Moved the shed and wondering how to go about tidying up the area left.
    What are my options?

IMG-20200626-143525.jpg

IMG-20200626-143500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can get some stuff called cold lay tarmac that you buy in bags and just spread. There seems to be a solid enough base there, maybe you could try that?

Unless you get the whole area re-covered you are going to have a patch of some sort, but tarmac on tarmac should not be too bad, you could alwyas put a couple of pots on it to take attention off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

looksee wrote: »
    You can get some stuff called cold lay tarmac that you buy in bags and just spread. There seems to be a solid enough base there, maybe you could try that?

Unless you get the whole area re-covered you are going to have a patch of some sort, but tarmac on tarmac should not be too bad, you could alwyas put a couple of pots on it to take attention off it.

Thanks!
    Cold lay tarmac?
    I'll look into that.
    There's another shed going further down from it so there'll be motorbikes passing over the area.
    Was half thinking of even putting concrete there.
    Was going to put new shed on it but after moving the old shed I think I'd like to keep the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

TimHorton wrote: »

Cheers must tackle that as well. :)

Is that available in most hardware stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Put in a raised bed area

• Advertisement

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Put in a raised bed area

Access will be needed to new shed below it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

blade1 wrote: »
    How's that for ya? :D

IMG-20200628-082637.jpg

LOL You cheated and used a power washer, With the other stuff you just spray it on twice a year and no algae or similar.

TimHorton wrote: »
    LOL You cheated and used a power washer, With the other stuff you just spray it on twice a year and no algae or similar.

I put a cupful of bleach into 5 litres of water and used a sprayer I got in Lidl.
    Left it for 15min and powerhosed it down.
    Effortless :)

Needs painting now and that's one thing I hate doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

:DDig out the gravel and put in a bike lift then build the shed back up around the lift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

rent a ground compactor and get the cold tar, my rental places rent / sells both in 1 shop. you may have to pull out some of the stones if cant compact them down enough. but they may compact just perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If you have a trailer, your local Roadstone/whoever should supply cold tar (or delay set) in bulk which is cheaper than bags of it. Just measure the area you need and they'll know how much you need. Hire a whacker plate to compact the stone underneath (you might need to remove some to get an adequate depth of tar. Use the self same whacker on the tar also.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    :DDig out the gravel and put in a bike lift then build the shed back up around the lift.

I would love to do that.
    Unfortunately a bike lift can't top the list of priorities at moment. :o
    And I nearly had decent one bought a month or two ago only for they were looking for around 800 for delivery.
    Couple of other things have popped up in the meantime that must come first.

Thanks lads, it looks like myself and whacker will tackle it so :)

Advertisement