Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old garage roof/renovations

• 26-06-2020 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have an old 20 ft sq garage out the back. Donkeys years old. Tin roof that Im always fixing leaks in. Big huge old metal doors on the back entrance to the lane behind from previous owner for a lorry. The other doors to the garden barely open and are rotten. One wall of the garage was built on neighbours and ours single brick divsion wall. Other walls are cavities. Theres some weird steel structure holding the metal roof in place.
    I have a pool table in there and want to turn it into a music room.as well
    Where do I start with this? Do I get a builder thatll just build new walls and roof? The builder who did our extension wont get back to us its obviously too small a job. Same as some other roofer who saw it. Any advice or recommendations on where to start or find some one? We're Dublin northside. How much would I be looking at if its 20ft sq and maybe half of itll be pulled down? Its getting urgent now with the leaks etc..
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

20 sq feet is maybe 5 by 4 and you want to put a pool table in there?
    Will folk stay outside and pot through the windows/doors/roof?:)
    some pictures would help

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭tony stark

Sorry its 20ft by 20ft, 400 sq ft

20 sq feet is maybe 5 by 4 and you want to put a pool table in there?
    Will folk stay outside and pot through the windows/doors/roof?:)
    some pictures would help

Advertisement