Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Micheàl Martin: Our new Taoiseach

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

He gets 901 days as Taoiseach.

Only doing it for a few lines in the history books.

He doesn’t give a **** what happens as long as he got the Taoiseach title .... that’s been clear for months... total joke ..... can’t believe these losers basically got to vote themselves in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

For the party of course.

No surprise there.

Elected by the people, paid by the people, works for the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think it was a great day, the resurrection is nearly complete. Just to get a majority now

I do think they should bring in a course into school to explain the crash. It’s seem the people of Ireland are a little confused in regards to what happened.

It might help to stop it happening again. The one thing to remember which I do repeat to everyone. Buying a house for huge money which you could never afford in the first place to “get a foot on the property ladder” was never going to turn out well

Looks like people are now repeating the same error, that’s nothing to do with a politician

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I'm not thrilled about it, but at least he's Irish.

Mod

Banned

no he is from Cork...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

How many teachers ex teachers are in this dail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Gods Gift wrote: »
    How many teachers ex teachers are in this dail?

How many members of boards are in the Dail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think it was a great day, the resurrection is nearly complete. Just to get a majority now

I do think they should bring in a course into school to explain the crash. It’s seem the people of Ireland are a little confused in regards to what happened.

It might help to stop it happening again. The one thing to remember which I do repeat to everyone. Buying a house for huge money which you could never afford in the first place to “get a foot on the property ladder” was never going to turn out well

Looks like people are now repeating the same error, that’s nothing to do with a politician

Here's how it goes.

About 70,000 new builds were going up in the state every year.

A totally unsustainable figure.

Regardless of what happened with a bank in the US, that was gonna come to a spectacular halt.

All all the jobs that depended on that madness would eventually go with it.

Those in charge (FF and PDs and then FF and the Greens) did little to slow the growth and help other parts of the economy grow.

They were slated for giving tax breaks to a section of the economy that needed slowing down.

But the close relationship between FF and their mates in the construction economy and those who FFers were taking bribes off down the years meant what should've happened, didn't happen.

The critics were told by the head of FF to go and kill themselves.

Himself and all his shameless lackeys who rounded the wagons after his despicable comments all live off obscene pensions now at our expense.

Including the following head of FF who told us we were all to blame.

I certainly wasn't, but like everyone else I'm still paying for it, and will be for a long, long time.

And this is the same party that had amnesties for criminals. White collar criminals, bank robbers, you name it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭saabsaab

no he is from Cork...

More importantly, he is from Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

I an disgusted TBH. FF have no shame and I hope they get wiped out at the next election. I also have no love for the greens at all, tax and ban everything with no credible or suitable alternatives. I look forward to similar annihilation of their party at the next election too.

screamer wrote: »
    I an disgusted TBH. FF have no shame and I hope they get wiped out at the next election. I also have no love for the greens at all, tax and ban everything with no credible or suitable alternatives. I look forward to similar annihilation of their party at the next election too.

I take it you don't vote for FF or Green then. Leaves FG or SF or maybe independents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

FF have taken on Housing Health and Agriculture. All were big election issues. Its a gamble but if they can make good headways on all three they will go into the next election in a strong position. The action against the pandemic and Slaintecare will have support across the board, measures on housing will be supported and finance will be made available. Agriculture with Brexit and access to the U.K. market could be tricky but will probably work out as part of a EU/UK deal. Micheal Martin will have moved on and a friendlier approach to S.F. may open the door to a FF SF arrangement and freeze out FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

screamer wrote: »

We always hope for better and wait until the next election.
    What happens? Nothing. The desks on the titanic are just re-arranged.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How many members of boards are in the Dail?

I dare say a few or their handlers at least. One way to see a reaction to proposals and how things are going. If you don't believe me look at the RIC thread and the way that went.

Advertisement