Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Holohan reinstated to Sinn Féin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Is he the sort of voter they target? That's not what comes across when you hear their parliamentary party spokespersons.

Ah they are trying to elevate themselves a little in that setting , give a veneer of respectability. The core of their vote is the racist social welfare type who will tell you the foreigners have taken their jobs despite having never worked a day in their life .

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And those type of characters seem attracted to SF.

Indeed. The up the ra Brits out numpties...

In their England clubs jerseys...

Two way street. SF seems to not give a flying fook for any type standards and morals. Society is just awash with it, sadly!

I supported SF as a young person during the struggles up North that people faced.

There is now far more peace and harmony.

I just can’t get behind them one iota down South

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Cyrus wrote: »
    Ah they are trying to elevate themselves a little in that setting , give a veneer of respectability. The core of their vote is the racist social welfare type who will tell you the foreigners have taken their jobs despite having never worked a day in their life .

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation there. If SF want to lead government they'll need broad support and that's what they're aiming for from what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

walshb wrote: »
    Indeed. The up the ra Brits out numpties...

In their England clubs jerseys...

Two way street. SF seems to not give a flying fook for any type standards and morals. Society is just awash with it, sadly!

I supported SF as a young person during the struggles up North that people faced.

There is now far more peace and harmony.

I just can’t get behind them one iota down South

Oppose everything. Pay for nothing. Pander to the wasters in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is he the sort of voter they target? That's not what comes across when you hear their parliamentary party spokespersons.

Their policies pander to chavs..

Money for nothing type, and blame everyone else for whatever YOU do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

So this is "The Change..." we voted for? Does this guy, a possible Lord Mayor, represent the views,policies and aspirations of SF? I voted SF in the hope the party could grow into a possible ,credible alternative government. This shows how far SF have to go to become a proper political party. Appealing to the lower common denominator is just a populist vote catching scenario. Tiocfaidh ar la indeed, but not ready for it, apparently!

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation there. If SF want to lead government they'll need broad support and that's what they're aiming for from what I see.

Exactly what I said , veneer of respectability to get a wider base. But the core will remain the same.

It’ll be a dark day if they ever lead a government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    Is he wrong?...nope

SF should have kicked him out.
    SF have some good people, but Christ they got some terrible TDs elected recently

Was Paddy wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Was Paddy wrong?
    Yes.
    Everything he said.
    Do you agree with everything he said then?
    Imo he is a scumbag...SF should have ditched him. Now they are stuck with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Well I don't know for definite, I imagine they will rectify it. If they do rectify it you will criticise them for "sanctioning from above" and if they don't rectify it you will criticise them for not rectifying it.

You're probably an FFGer, doesn't really matter what they do you'll criticise. Your party took Verona Murphy into the fold and then threw her out (correctly) when she played the race card to get attention. Was that "sanctioning from above"?

Have to laugh at the " You're probably an FFGer" then go into a rant about "my" party as an obvious attempt to strawman the debate.

It was an observation on the posts.... nothing more, nothing less.

• Advertisement

Exactly what I said , veneer of respectability to get a wider base. But the core will remain the same.

It’ll be a dark day if they ever lead a government.

Nonsense. You're just an FFGer. They can become the next government leaders if they get it right. It's not like FFG have covered themselves in glory leading Irish governments over the last century or so.

Nonsense. You're just an FFGer. They can become the next government leaders if they get it right. It's not like FFG have covered themselves in glory leading Irish governments over the last century or so.

I was more of a pd man myself , Michael mcdowell never bothered to hide his disdain of Sinn Fein , we need more of that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    Yes.
    Everything he said.
    Do you agree with everything he said then?

I don’t need to agree. He’s entitled to his own opinion. The stuff about Leo was fairly tame. I’ve seen him getting more abuse for his “anti-women” stance which amounted to him telling a story he’d heard from a constituent who was being extorted by an alleged underage girl he’d slept with, without knowing her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The country was the poorest in Western Europe when we got independence. We are now 3rd worldwide in the Human Development Index. That happened under FF and FG led governments. This tired rhetoric about the Republic being a failed state filled with corruption is just a nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

In the ocean of Irish politics SF are the bottom feeders, a truly amoral, dishonest and disingenuous rabble that are really led by thugs and criminals, not a middle-class lass from Churchtown for appearance sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

What did anyone expect from SinnFein?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They haven't gone away you know.....

I was more of a pd man myself , Michael mcdowell never bothered to hide his disdain of Sinn Fein , we need more of that .

We’ve already got plenty of that from FFG. Increasingly it has little affect, might even have the opposite affect with younger voters

Ah-hahahaha-haha..

What an idiot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

What has having a family got to do with being a politician or your abilities?

One of the good things about Irish politics is generally the family is kept out of politics.

I vote for a politician not his or her ability to have children. If anything a single person is more likely to be committed to their role.

People assume that politicians with life experiences similar to their own will have the same problems/worries etc etc and will have their interests at heart.

Family is kept out of Irish politics are you having a laugh? Better inform the Healy Raes. That's some farcical statement
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_in_the_Oireachtas

There is a tradition in Irish politics of having family members succeed each other, frequently in the same parliamentary seat.

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    What did anyone expect from SinnFein?

I don’t think anyone expected this, not even SF leadership expected this

The country was the poorest in Western Europe when we got independence. We are now 3rd worldwide in the Human Development Index. That happened under FF and FG led governments. This tired rhetoric about the Republic being a failed state filled with corruption is just a nonsense.

I didn’t and never would say Ireland is a “failed state”. It certainly isn’t, but there are aspects that need to be improved like the health service and the failure to take on vested interests and FFG have failed in those areas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

People assume that politicians with life experiences similar to their own will have the same problems/worries etc etc and will have their interests at heart.

Family is kept out of Irish politics are you having a laugh? Better inform the Healy Raes. That's some farcical statement
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Families_in_the_Oireachtas

I meant more the immediate family, the US has an unelected position of first lady. You don't see the families of Irish politicians wheeled out as much.

I agree there is a huge amount of children that go on the family name. I would see that a negative in Irish politics.

I don't see how the ability to have children makes any difference to your political abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I didn’t and never would say Ireland is a “failed state”. It certainly isn’t, but there are aspects that need to be improved like the health service and the failure to take on vested interests and FFG have failed in those areas

The FFG thing is getting a bid tired, no more than the change thing. Time for SF to tune their social media strategy. People are getting bored of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SF are an open and progressive party.
    You have to remember back when Gerry Mccabes killer was released it was Martin who had the compassion to go and collect the lad.
    They are the same with Paddy he did wrong but the past is in the past.

The FFG thing is getting a bid tired, no more than the change thing. Time for SF to tune their social media strategy. People are getting bored of it.

The FFG thing is getting a bit tired? What are you talking about, it’s more relevant now than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Politicians often use family as PR so I don't see how it's wrong to say you want a family man in charge. In no way is that homophobic.

When you look at the people who have brought destruction to Europe you will notice that it has been spearheaded by people with no children. Merkel has no children, Macron doesn't, May doesn't. Varadkar doesn't. So wanting someone with some stake in the future of the Country isn't racist or homophobic or any other -ist or -phobe.

Varadkar has proven in recent weeks that he clearly has no love for the Irish or Irish culture. So its no unquestionable to question his loyalty and condemn his lack of loyalty given his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    When you look at the people who have brought destruction to Europe you will notice that it has been spearheaded by people with no children. Merkel has no children, Macron doesn't, May doesn't. Varadkar doesn't. So wanting someone with some stake in the future of the Country isn't racist or homophobic or any other -ist or -phobe.

Varadkar has proven in recent weeks that he clearly has no love for the Irish or Irish culture. So its no unquestionable to question his loyalty and condemn his lack of loyalty given his position.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The Orb wrote: »
    In the ocean of Irish politics SF are the bottom feeders, a truly amoral, dishonest and disingenuous rabble that are really led by thugs and criminals, not a middle-class lass from Churchtown for appearance sake.

kind of like the kinahan cartel but less successful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The FFG thing is getting a bit tired? What are you talking about, it’s more relevant now than ever
    If we have FFG we can have SFTWP (Sinn Fein the Whingers Party)

Advertisement