Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to replace raised bed

Options
  • 27-06-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a cobbled together raised bed that I want to replace. It is just some old decking boards on 2x4 stakes. The boards are only on two sides as it is against a back and side wall. It is now leaning forward a lot presumably due to not being attached to the walls and maybe the stakes not being deep enough.

Anyway I’d like to keep all the plants in that place but not sure what to do to replace the wooden sides.

Any suggestions or alternatives welcome!

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Replace the two wooden boards with new lengths of treated timber and secure them on the outside with a few temporary stakes driven into the ground then dismantle the existing timber, when done make space and put in new corner batons fix with screws and then drive in new stakes on the outside (on inside they don't work as well) which will be permanent.

Advertisement