Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

• 27-06-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Still no official announcement yet which is the latest it's ever been for the next COD announcement but details are slowly starting to leak The Xclusive Ace dropped a video yesterday with details from an inside source and had to take it down but we got most of the details. Including Warzone remains with a new map set in Russia.
    MP Campaign and Zombies coming back. On a negative note 150 health returns. Read further at Charlie Intel's link below
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1276579677331755008?s=19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

First CoD I won't be buying on release. I'm sick of the era, they can't do anything new with it so any recent game set in those times just feels old, like I've already played it. Coupled with the money that Warzone is making them, the standard MP will take a hit and just be something they include to keep the masses happy, while they continue to milk Warzone.

In other words, not excited at all about this. Bring back AW and IW!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'd be the polar opposite, I'd be very welcoming of another Cold War era game done right...still think the first Black Ops is possible one of the best of all the COD titles, though obviously it's very dated now.

Lasers, jetpacks and exo-suits is never something I wanted in COD personally, and other games already exist that do that very well like Halo, Titanfall, or whatever.

The 2019 Modern Warfare is an incredibly good game and mostly devoid of the cancerous elements of other COD titles like wacky custom skins and weapons. I hope they stay away from this next one as well.

Nothing kills my mood faster than playing a COD game set in WW2 then being killed by some lad with a pink assault rifle dressed as a Leprechaun. (I disliked COD WW2 and barely played it, even though I love WW2 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Interesting possible reveal on Monday perhaps?

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1291452365707587585?s=19

Crate thing was a load of crap gameplay reveal next Wednesday maybe they will surprise us and give us a beta on the same day?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-cover-art.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Hope they head back into the Vietnam War in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hope this is what Modern Campfare isn't and it suits run and gun on MP.

No free upgrades between current gen and next gen

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1298184155252097025?s=19

Release date November 13th
    Multiplayer reveal September 9th
    So we will probably just get cinematic cut scenes tomorrow

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1298201038739181568?s=19

• Advertisement

Supposed early footage there is a desert map so might be legit

https://twitter.com/Leaker72664228/status/1298402805934223361?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

The live event reveal thing was quite good I thought

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No free upgrades between current gen and next gen

Standard is €70, cross gen is €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    The live event reveal thing was quite good I thought

Yeah I thought it was well done, I hadnt a clue what I was meant to be at though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Exploding RC cars are back. I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Can wait to play the campaign.

One of the CIA guys in the trailer is definitely a rip off of Robert Redfords character in Spy Game.

Pre-ordered the Ultimate edition just there on PS4 :D

ordered the same, the upgrade to PS5 version included when its out is what sealed it for me

nice to get woods for warzone and Beta access with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Can wait to play the campaign.

One of the CIA guys in the trailer is definitely a rip off of Robert Redfords character in Spy Game.

My first thought was that he was a combination of Redford and Pitt!

I wonder what the story is with using Ronald Reagans likeness? would they have to get permission from his family to do that?

• Advertisement

My first thought was that he was a combination of Redford and Pitt!

I wonder what the story is with using Ronald Reagans likeness? would they have to get permission from his family to do that?
    Yeah he looked like a combo of both also that brown leather jacket is like it's a direct lift from one off of a Ruin skin where he had the 70's look with a big moustache. No doubt they have re-used some of the assets from Black Ops 4.

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    ordered the same, the upgrade to PS5 version included when its out is what sealed it for me

nice to get woods for warzone and Beta access with it

Noticed no free COD points in this one like Modern Warfare but you do get the Battlepass with 20 tier skips which is worth about 2400 cod points (24 euros)
    Also if buying the cross gen it's 74.99 which is only 5 euros extra from the base €69.99 for base PS4 game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Noticed no free COD points in this one like Modern Warfare but you do get the Battlepass with 20 tier skips which is worth about 2400 cod points (24 euros)
    Also if buying the cross gen it's 74.99 which is only 5 euros extra from the base €69.99 for base PS4 game

Not doubting you, but it might be worth checking that - I recently bought the Ultimate edition of Modern warfare (was coming from console to PC)

I misread the description and thought that for the bigger price i was getting
    base game ,3000 cod points to buy the battle pass with 20 free tiers.

its deliberately confusion inducing - what you get is the game, 3000 cod points to spend how you want, and if you dont buy the battle pass, there are 20 tiers of free battle pass levels available for all - as opposed to tier skips.

Not doubting you, but it might be worth checking that - I recently bought the Ultimate edition of Modern warfare (was coming from console to PC)

I misread the description and thought that for the bigger price i was getting
    base game ,3000 cod points to buy the battle pass with 20 free tiers.

its deliberately confusion inducing - what you get is the game, 3000 cod points to spend how you want, and if you dont buy the battle pass, there are 20 tiers of free battle pass levels available for all - as opposed to tier skips.

You could well be right I usually buy the top version of the digital edition and usually it's free COD points as you said with Modern Warfare it was 3000 free COD points which I used I think a 1000 to buy the first battle pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

For the event i logged on 5 mins before but it never came up as an option. Do you have to be on way before?

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    For the event i logged on 5 mins before but it never came up as an option. Do you have to be on way before?

There was some kind of playlist update last week and you could only pick the event in Warzone. I think it's all gone now so if you didn't get in you've missed it

There was some kind of playlist update last week and you could only pick the event in Warzone. I think it's all gone now so if you didn't get in you've missed it

yeah its done now, was a warzone game mode called know your history, it was ran aa few times over the weekend in half hour slots but its done now

got a rifle blueprint from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I saw that on youtube but i only got the option of normal warzone and started a duos match just before the official time and didnt see the know your history at all.

• Advertisement

Looks like October 8th for the beta, might only be for those who ordered digitally on PS4 first followers by other ore orders the day after I think I read somewhere

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1300223492550467586?s=19

Advertisement