Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 2020 Black Ops Cold War News and Rumurs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id say if people are still enjoying MW id stick to that.
    Really the only thing this has on MW is the ttk and thats a subjective element anyways but if like me the ttk in MW wasnt your thing then cold war is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Excuse my ignorance...what's TTK?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Penfailed wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance...what's TTK?

Time To Kill,basically how long it takes to kill another player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I thought once I clicked into Cold War I could play warzone from there but if I click on warzone section in Cold War it takes me out of Cold War game and back into modern warfare warzone ? Very weird . And wouldn’t work unless I had modern warfare disc in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought I saw somewhere the WZ migration to Blops goes live in early December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

gimli2112 wrote: »

Yep war zone and cold war are only syncing up for season one which is out in December. Also modern warfare levels will reset to 1 at the same time in mp apparently as you can earn xp in mw wz or coldwar.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-will-share-all-progression-with-warzone-and-modern-warfare/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any difference between Blops Warzone and MW’s?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any difference between Blops Warzone and MW’s?

It’s treated as a separate mode apparently. The studio raven is matching the gun balance of the Cold War guns to the modern warfare ones for war zone from what I read

I think exclusive ace on YouTube has a video on it as well

I think it's going to be a sh**storm. If one of them updates a gun that's broken (famas with underbarrel shotgun) that the other game has no access to, that's going to be a bad week, for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Greenfields40

Is there anywhere selling the ps5 version or a cross gen version for less than €75 for the disk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's not really a mitigation though. They'll just be introducing weapons from Black Ops into Warzone.

It'll still be the same version of Warzone running on the Modern Warfare engine, on the same map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I think it's going to be a sh**storm. If one of them updates a gun that's broken (famas with underbarrel shotgun) that the other game has no access to, that's going to be a bad week, for someone
    Either game has access to all guns in warzone is how I read the announcement.

ok that's better. It's still a problem if you want to use a blops gun though as without the game it would be tough to rank it up but that's the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Working my way through the Campaign. It's good!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gave multiplayer a crack for a few hours today and it’s taking a bit of time to get used to but the graphics are sensational on the PS5. Way better than Modern Warware on the PS4 imo looks wise, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with Warzone next month.

Up to level 23 on mp now and it’s ok. Guns take forever to level up so kinda only using the first couple. Got an m16 variant for some reason and it’s the only weapon I’m using on satellite. Also F*ck Miami. It’s right up there with Piccadilly for maps I just don’t like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Penfailed wrote: »
    Working my way through the Campaign. It's good!

Finished it last night. Was good though slightly underwhelming, certainly doesn't live up to MW campaign. As always with Black Ops it is confusing as f**k.

The lack of actual dialogue with the playable character was just lazy on the developers part imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

heroics wrote: »
    Up to level 23 on mp now and it’s ok. Guns take forever to level up so kinda only using the first couple. Got an m16 variant for some reason and it’s the only weapon I’m using on satellite. Also F*ck Miami. It’s right up there with Piccadilly for maps I just don’t like :)

Miami is my favourite, all the Vice City feels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Had the game freeze up my whole console last night and now the game froze when I was having my best game of Zombies to date ffs!

I'm having a much better time at the launch of this than I did with MW. I'm en exclusive hardcore player, TDM and KC, and my first 20 games went disastrously to the point it destroyed my KD, 0.7 but this time around it's really in the groove of things, 1.7

vo6veO6.png

• Advertisement

While I am enjoying it....for now,a few things are bugging me,mainly the lack of maps and the whole Eliminations instead of Kills,why are assists being counted?I know its not a new thing but it seems like they need to have everyone go positive or it will hurt feelings :pac:

Eliminations systems are good for many games as it stops a good degree of camping or people playing purely to preserve a K/D ratio.

Does the guy above know about the elimination system? :D

I'm used to it from games like Overwatch and Paladins, it does make a big difference.

Depending on role, can easily have games with 5 kills, 4 deaths, but something like 30 assists, so that would be 35 eliminations.

Homelander wrote: »
    Eliminations systems are good for many games as it stops a good degree of camping or people playing purely to preserve a K/D ratio.

I'm used to it from games like Overwatch and Paladins, it does make a big difference.

Depending on role, can easily have games with 5 kills, 4 deaths, but something like 30 assists, so that would be 35 eliminations.

So you walk out feeling like a boss with 35 elims but only 5 kills,i dont like it,it screams to me of everybody gets a medal!

Ive been around since MW2/Blops 1 but dipped out for the jet pack/wall jump sh1te where this seems to have been introduced and dont see any change in peoples behaviour....people still camp,people run and gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

you can see the kill death (not eliminations) ratio on the companion app

Dozyart wrote: »
    So you walk out feeling like a boss with 35 elims but only 5 kills,i dont like it,it screams to me of everybody gets a medal!

Ive been around since MW2/Blops 1 but dipped out for the jet pack/wall jump sh1te where this seems to have been introduced and dont see any change in peoples behaviour....people still camp,people run and gun!

Well that example was for class-based games where you have tank/support/assault type classes, eg Overwatch or Paladins.

Obviously someone playing tank or support will have low kills but their contribution is still vital and elims is one of several decent measure of how you're performing.

COD wise, it's obviously not at all the same, but it does have a similar principle - make people focus more on objectives and supporting the team, and not on their own personal K/D.

Elim system can highlight just how much everyone is contributing no matter what role or function they're playing. It's not not about everyone getting a medal, it's about teamplay more so.

Most games you can still track actual kill/death ratio separately anyway. Even Overwatch, which is almost exclusively based on elims, allows you to check solo kills vs deaths.

Homelander wrote: »

In hardcore it's quite safe to say 98% of elimnations are your own solo kills, considering an AK across the map is still a 1-hit-kill

Thought I was doing deadly. Up to level 43 now in multiplayer and really struggling. Have to use my try hard aug and ak74 class to have a chance in games. Even going as hard as I could and finishing top of my team we still got murdered in the last 3 games of hard point.

Running M16 with 3x and MP5 combo,OP guns for whatever the distances :pac:

Levelling up guns is an absolute grind though!

Also Forward Intel Perk is being slept on i reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dozyart wrote: »
    Also Forward Intel Perk is being slept on i reckon!

Xclusive Ace just did a video on it so won't be a secret for much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Also the driftor covered the flashlights. He makes them sound almost broken

I'll at least throw it on my RPD class for use on cartel

Advertisement