Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orchid potting mix, where to buy?

Options
  • 27-06-2020 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭

I've asked in Woodies and local hardware shop, and looked at catalogue online for another garden centre. No luck.

I can't travel very far to buy this. Southside Dublin if at all possible!

These are my first orchids and I want to do it right, and I know they are epiphytes and don't go in ordinary soil.

I've seen recipes online for the compost stuff but they include things like Perlite which I also have not got!!

Any helpful hints, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I've asked in Woodies and local hardware shop, and looked at catalogue online for another garden centre. No luck.

I can't travel very far to buy this. Southside Dublin if at all possible!

These are my first orchids and I want to do it right, and I know they are epiphytes and don't go in ordinary soil.

I've seen recipes online for the compost stuff but they include things like Perlite which I also have not got!!

Any helpful hints, anyone?

North Kildare rather than south Dublin, but both Johnstown garden centre and the Orchard normally have it in stock, though only the Orchard has it on their website. Perhaps you could try phoning/emailing a few garden centres near you? I don't know where you are based, but Windy Ridge garden centre is often recommended.

https://www.theorchard.ie/orchid-potting-mix-enriched-with-seramis-8l/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thank you!

Windyridge would be handy enough but they don't list this on their website :-(

I will try phoning the others, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Thank you!

Windyridge would be handy enough but they don't list this on their website :-(

Give them a bell as well, they might have it in stock, just not on the website. Or they could let you know when they are getting supplies in

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

I bought some in Urban Life on Coombe St a few weeks ago

Advertisement