Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will Sinn Fein stop abusing the word 'Change'?

Options
  • 27-06-2020 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

It's getting embarrassing and obnoxious at this stage. It might have fooled the electorate once but they are overdoing it now.
    When you start to sound like the Borg people will distrust you.

The Sinn Fein PR/Spin department need to rethink the 'Change' monopoly. The other parties are starting to make fools of you.

Do they say Change in Irish too? More pretentious stuff, don't get me started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's getting embarrassing and obnoxious at this stage. It might have fooled the electorate once but they are overdoing it now.
    When you start to sound like the Borg people will distrust you.

The Sinn Fein PR/Spin department need to rethink the 'Change' monopoly. The other parties are starting to make fools of you.

It’s tired sloganeering at this stage. Very much in the mould of other nationalistic populist slogans like Make America Great Again or Get Brexit Done.

It means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

46i91h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looks like it's going to be their mantra for this Dail. I think it only highlights their lack of ambition and ideas.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looks like it's going to be their mantra for this Dail. I think it only highlights their lack of ambition and ideas.

I expect a lot of shouting as well. Maybe a few scripted ejections from the chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

It’s tired sloganeering at this stage. Very much in the mould of other nationalistic populist slogans like Make America Great Again or Get Brexit Done.

It means nothing.

I agree but the sad thing is it will work.
    People are dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

8b4741182de1f5c241f3cc7a1290e5a5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CLM
    Change lives matter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

when will people stop making spurious SF threads about nothing? Most of them claim they arent even supporters!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

maccored wrote: »
    when will people stop making spurious SF threads about nothing? Most of them claim they arent even supporters!

Please explain with facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

maccored wrote: »

Please file in the "I'm not a Sinn Fein supporter but" section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Well "Change" probably scored better than the other words focus groups say then asked to describe Sinn Fein in one word. Terrorists, Murderers, Marxists, Chancers, Dodgy, Dangerous, Populist etc just didn't look as good on the poster mockups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

touts wrote: »
    Well "Change" probably scored better than the other words focus groups say then asked to describe Sinn Fein in one word. Terrorists, Murderers, Marxists, Chancers, Dodgy, Dangerous, Populist etc just didn't look as good on the poster mockups.

The reaction I'm seeing after the FF and FG victory yesterday is astounding. Non stop smearing at SF. It's like trump supporters still banging on about Hillary and Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It means nothing.

So you can take down the "Keep the recovery going" placard or the "Every little hurts" your new bedfellows might take offence.

C087032-E-A2-BF-4-A09-9082-2-A35380-B96-A3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Worked for Barry O why shouldn't it work for the Barry road brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Any change boss?

Do you take Revolut?

Advertisement