Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Cartman78 wrote: »
    How long are you planning on holiday on to the WC??

I hoped to hang onto it for another 2-3 weeks if possible. No other chips left.

If i take a -4 I can field the following team

Henderson

Alonso, TAA, Lascelles

Salah, KDB, Sterling, Cantwell

Rashford, Auba, Greenwood

* I quite fancy getting Jesus and Foden in for the remainder of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'd like Rashford and/or Martial. Ideally for 2gws at least (BOU and villa). I have 2 FTs. Any advice on how to bring them in? Some options below but the players I'm transferring out could also score well! Do I really need either of them that badly I now wonder?...

1. Jimi > Rashford
    2. Son > Martial
    3. Son, Ings > Martial, Rashford
    4. Son, DCL, Justin > Martial, Rashford, 4.5 def (-4 hit)

Martinez, Button
    TAA, Doherty, Lascelles, Justin, Robinson
    Salah, Bruno, Son, KDB, Guendouzi
    Jimi, Ings, DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'd like Rashford and/or Martial. Ideally for 2gws at least (BOU and villa). I have 2 FTs. Any advice on how to bring them in? Some options below but the players I'm transferring out could also score well! Do I really need either of them that badly I now wonder?...

1. Jimi > Rashford
    2. Son > Martial

Martinez, Button
    Jimi, Ings, DCL

Definitely not 1
    Maybe 2 But I’d be hesitant
    Maybe see if son is very wide again for spurs . If he is then i don’t think he is worth the guts of 10ml
    3 maybe as well. Same reason as 2
    4. Don’t think I’d take a hit for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

ShimSlady wrote: »

Henderson

Alonso, TAA, Lascelles

Rashford, Auba, Nketiah

There is only 6 GWS to go, we won’t have another DGW, so I don’t see why you are holding on to the WC to be honest.

I’m assuming if you are starting Cantwell and Nketiah that your bench is poor? I’d be using the WC this week tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

ShimSlady wrote: »

Henderson

Alonso, TAA, Lascelles

Rashford, Auba, Nketiah

I'd use it now while teams have something to play for and you will have a better idea of who will play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »

1. Jimi > Rashford
    2. Son > Martial

Martinez, Button
    Jimi, Ings, DCL
    Don't sell the players that are getting you points (Ings, Jimi)

km79 wrote: »
    Definitely not 1
    Maybe 2 But I’d be hesitant
    Maybe see if son is very wide again for spurs . If he is then i don’t think he is worth the guts of 10ml
    3 maybe as well. Same reason as 2
    4. Don’t think I’d take a hit for it
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Don't sell the players that are getting you points (Ings, Jimi)

Cheers for the feedback! My desperation for double United attack is maybe too much...and it could backfire! A possibly safer option is Ings+DCL out for Connolly+Rashford. I can go 442 then. And then double up on Wolves defence....or risk Aurier (risks are kinda needed now!).

Agree that Ings is in such great form, and I hate to sell him but I just see Rashford outscoring him over the next 2/3 games. I may well bring him back in for his last three games though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm gonna bank with the intention of Swapping Fernandes for Mahrez and Nkietah for Greenwood next week but only if Greenwood impresses tonight and on Saturday. I think he will, I've been impressed so far.

That will leave me with 3 from United, City and Liverpool for the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have exact money for Auba/Saka to Ings/Bruno.. Hmmmm. For a hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm gonna bank with the intention of Swapping Fernandes for Mahrez and Nkietah for Greenwood next week but only if Greenwood impresses tonight and on Saturday. I think he will, I've been impressed so far.

That will leave me with 3 from United, City and Liverpool for the run in.

Maybe Martial to Mahrez instead of Bruno :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Even though he is playing poorly and on the wing, it's very hard to transfer out Rashford.

What are Bournemouth's penalty conceded stats like? United are due one! They get a lot of penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

FitzShane wrote: »
    Even though he is playing poorly and on the wing, it's very hard to transfer out Rashford.

What are Bournemouth's penalty conceded stats like? United are due one! They get a lot of penalties.
    Isn't Bruno the peno taker now though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pighead wrote: »
    Isn't Bruno the peno taker now though?

They rotate them.

I will have to get a playing DEF in tho as Williams is just a waste of a United player now. Thought he would have started tonight and got a clean sheet but a 1 pointer instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dsmythy wrote: »
    They rotate them.
    Bruno's taken the last three? How do we know there's a rotation policy? Since he joined I think he's taken every one when he's on the pitch.

Pighead wrote: »
    Bruno's taken the last three? How do we know there's a rotation policy? Since he joined I think he's taken every one when he's on the pitch.

Rashford was going to take the second penalty against Spurs, before VAR reversed the decision to award it. Both players were still on the field. Bruno took the first penalty.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Rashford was going to take the second penalty against Spurs, before VAR reversed the decision to award it. Both players were still on the field. Bruno took the first penalty.

Bruno was “fouled” for the penalty which apparently was the reason he was not going to take it

This weeks double transfer feels absolutely crucial to get right
    I wonder am I overthinking Rashford
    Might be safer just to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Jota out for Greenwood with my free transfer.

macraignil wrote: »
    Jota out for Greenwood with my free transfer.

This is under serious serious consideration
    It feels a bit of a reactive transfer though
    Am I being too smart and should I just get Rashford as planned
    I dunno !
    A forward line of Jiminez DCL and greenwood feels a bit light weight
    I would get AWB if I get greenwood and rotate between 433 and 442 ......that’s asking for trouble with greenwood though ! When would I play him when would I bench him ........and I would still be stuck with Grealish !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

This is under serious serious consideration
    It feels a bit of a reactive transfer though
    Am I being too smart and should I just get Rashford as planned
    I dunno !
    A forward line of Jiminez DCL and greenwood feels a bit light weight
    I would get AWB if I get greenwood and rotate between 433 and 442 ......that’s asking for trouble with greenwood though ! When would I play him when would I bench him ........and I would still be stuck with Grealish !

Was considering the move to Greenwood before this evening's game and the performance this evening just confirmed the change for me. Probably would have made the move if he just avoided getting injured as he did look comfortable on the ball and a threat on goal in the game against Norwich I saw at the weekend. I think after scoring he is going into my team for the game against Bournemouth ahead of Calvert-Lewin against Spurs. The move also leaves me 2.1mill to upgrade someone else with next weeks free transfer.

• Advertisement

macraignil wrote: »
    Was considering the move to Greenwood before this evening's game and the performance this evening just confirmed the change for me. Probably would have made the move if he just avoided getting injured as he did look comfortable on the ball and a threat on goal in the game against Norwich I saw at the weekend. I think after scoring he is going into my team for the game against Bournemouth ahead of Calvert-Lewin against Spurs. The move also leaves me 2.1mill to upgrade someone else with next weeks free transfer.

I keep going over and back on it
    Original plan was Grealish to Hayden who would remain benched for the season and Jota to Rashford
    Then I was tempted by
    Jota to Greenwood and Egan to AWB
    But would have to keep Grealish
    Now
    I am getting tempted by Jota to Greenwood and Grealish to Martial :D

I dunno
    It’s damn tempting
    I mean compare greenwood to the 4.3/4.4 mid options .........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Speaking of kneejerking.

For - 4
    I can do
    PEA-Rashford-Guendouzi
    To
    Kane-Greenwood-Fernandes

Would leave me an attack of
    Salah-KDB-Son-Fernandes-Saka
    Jimenez-Kane-Greenwood

Very tempting.

Still think Rashford is a good safe option to get in. I really can’t fit him into my team though. As much as I’d like to get rid of DCL!

New plan is Justin > AWB and Son > Martial. With the intention of bringing Son back in the week after (BOU away). Only thing is Justin has a great fixture as I bring him out (Palace at home). In the long run though AWB should be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Is Bruno a must? I have Rashford and AWB. Fearful if i go into -4 on Bruno he may just get benched v bournemouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at DCL to Greenwood and either Ritchie to AWB or McCarthy to Pope/DDG.

Pope has single handedly fupped up my season and main rivals have him so might just have to give in and get him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have exact money for Auba/Saka to Ings/Bruno.. Hmmmm. For a hit though.

Priced out of this now. May just stick with Martial and do Auba to Kane/Rashford

Thinking of PEA & Williams -> Jesus & Maguire for a -4.

The replacement for PEA is the hard one to make. So much money, but not many replacements out there. Already have Jimi & Rashford. Vardy is out of form, Ings fixtures look difficult and Southampton are safe. Although he is going for the golden boot...

With no FH or WC I have to look beyond this weeks transfers
    So with that in mind
    Grealish to Hayden and Jota to Jiminez uses up all available funds . Leaves me no scope to upgrade Barnes or DCL (if I need to )
    However
    Jota to Greenwood and Grealish to Martial leaves me one ml in the bank
    Next week mane to KDB leaves enough cash to upgrade Barnes to Mahrez for the run in

That looks better right ............

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

With no FH or WC I have to look beyond this weeks transfers
    So with that in mind
    Grealish to Hayden and Jota to Jiminez uses up all available funds . Leaves me no scope to upgrade Barnes or DCL (if I need to )
    However
    Jota to Greenwood and Grealish to Martial leaves me one ml in the bank
    Next week mane to KDB leaves enough cash to upgrade Barnes to Mahrez for the run in

That looks better right ............

Grealish to foden?.

• Advertisement

So are the people buying Greenwood instead of, or also with, Rashford planning on him being first choice now ?

Who is Greenwood replacing in the team ? James ?

I’m gonna buy Rashford or Greenwood tomorrow based on what I’m told to do by the people here.

I just haven’t had the heart to watch any games recently so don’t know what’s going on.

Advertisement