Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2FT, looking at shipping Sarr and DCL out but not sure for who yet. How has Mount been looking for Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

So are the people buying Greenwood instead of, or also with, Rashford planning on him being first choice now ?

Who is Greenwood replacing in the team ? James ?

I’m gonna buy Rashford or Greenwood tomorrow based on what I’m told to do by the people here.

I just haven’t had the heart to watch any games recently so don’t know what’s going on.

Instead and along with Martial IF I do not buy Rashford.

Greenwood has replaced James. He is still unlikely however to start every game but will feature in every game. I actually tipped him as having significant involvement for rest of season as soon as the amount of subs was increased. I was unsure however if Ole would give into many supporters wishes (including mine) and start him regularly. His output is ridiculous when he plays. He is the real deal

Rashford just does not look fit. I would be buying him purely as a blocker and all my funds would be gone. Hayden would be my 15th player then as well.

With Greenwood I get him instead of Hayden, I can still sell Grealish (for Martial) AND I will have 1ml in the bank allowing me Mahrez instead of Barnes for last 4 gameweeks.

When I see it typed out it is actually a no-brainer...........

Yeah. I agree. I gave you a thanks on that earlier post as it looked the brightest thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any thoughts on Giroud? He seems to have the CF role his at Chelsea, starting the last 5 and getting 3 goals. When he plays he has a proven track record of scoring at a decent rate. Chelsea have nice fixtures, he's 6.6 and there's not many attractive Striker options right now.

Seems like a good option but not many people talking about him?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Giroud? He seems to have the CF role his at Chelsea, starting the last 5 and getting 3 goals. When he plays he has a proven track record of scoring at a decent rate. Chelsea have nice fixtures, he's 6.6 and there's not many attractive Striker options right now.

Interesting !
    One to watch IF they don’t wrap up top 4
    Didn’t realise he was so cheap tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »

Tammy fear. Though it's noteworthy he started the FA Cup game with the likes of Emerson. Seems almost to be 2nd choice but can quickly change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have 2FT, looking at shipping Sarr and DCL out but not sure for who yet. How has Mount been looking for Chelsea?

Think I'll be going Sarr and Ritchie to St Maxim and Alonso

Very little in the DCL price bracket that appeals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

DCL to Greenwood is tempting

siblers wrote:
    DCL to Greenwood is tempting

Very, frees up plenty of funds then. Probably have Greenwood as first sub most weeks then

Very, frees up plenty of funds then. Probably have Greenwood as first sub most weeks then

See this could be the problem with greenwood
    He is a starting united attacker who now seem to have clicked and have great fixtures
    So why would he be on your bench ?
    Price

If you get him you have to treat him like the rest and start him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dare I hold PEA after all these plans :D

A Kane injury or Red card not that I wish it would really make my mind up for me tomorrow.

My main rival owning and captaining Kane had been drawing me into the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Thinking of changing Vardy -> Greenwood. Or do i wait till after the Palace game, Vardy might get a few against them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shanee. wrote: »
    Thinking of changing Vardy -> Greenwood. Or do i wait till after the Palace game, Vardy might get a few against them

I only watched about half the game tonight and Vardy looked poor. But he is sub-proof though and on penalties.

I'm in the market for a striker myself. Playing Palace, who are safe now, at home is one of the best ways this Leicester side can kick themselves into form.

But I still can't convince myself to buy Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

FitzShane wrote: »
    I only watched about half the game tonight and Vardy looked poor. But he is sub-proof though and on penalties.

I'm in the market for a striker myself. Playing Palace, who are safe now, at home is one of the best ways this Leicester side can kick themselves into form.

But I still can't convince myself to buy Vardy.

Yeah I think I might give him one more chance before changing for Greenwood. United have a nice run of fixtures

Part of the reason I still have him is he is in contention for golden boot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I think I might give him one more chance before changing for Greenwood. United have a nice run of fixtures

Ya, United's fixtures are extremely favourable. I have Rashford but kind of wish I could do PEA->Greenwood and spent the money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

With that Auba sh1tshow today, I now need to take chances and bring in players with high ceilings.

United cover is needed and I do not know how to fit them in.

Ings and DCL to Greenwood and Rashford? Seems grand, but I'd really like Martial. I can't transfer out Son, Salah, KDB or Bruno. It'd need to be a -4 and go 352....not sure it's worth a hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Which 2 would you play this week between Justin/Aurier/Traore/Saka?

Justin with a nice fixture but they are in freefall, Traore loves playing the big teams and Arsenal do not defend well. Saka well rested but playing a stingy Wolves defence, Aurier looks a key part of that Spurs attack but a cleanie against Everton might be hard to come by.

1 of the 2 selected would need to be a defender.

Greenwood possibly rising Vardy possibly falling tonight
    Just in case funds are tight

CSF wrote: »
    Which 2 would you play this week between Justin/Aurier/Traore/Saka?

Justin with a nice fixture but they are in freefall, Traore loves playing the big teams and Arsenal do not defend well. Saka well rested but playing a stingy Wolves defence, Aurier looks a key part of that Spurs attack but a cleanie against Everton might be hard to come by.

1 of the 2 selected would need to be a defender.

Aurier and traore

Justin is part of the reason they are in free fall. He isn’t very good. Perriera was a key player for them

Have Vardy and Aubameyang myself.

Definitely selling Aubameyang for either Rashford or Greenwood.

Could sell Vardy to have both the United strikers.

I don’t fancy Vardy against Palace who will defend deep but his following two games are perfect in Arsenal and Bournemouth. Don’t know what to do.

I only kept Vardy and Aubameyang as they were in the golden boot race.

Big decision.

• Advertisement

I mean the Aubameyang thing, goalkeepers and defenders aren’t going to literally present him with the ball in front of goal twice every week.

I had him as captain and did not think he was a huge threat. I feel very fortunate with the points tally I got.

A 0.83 xg and a 0.33 xa kind of tells its own story in a week where he gained a tapin off a keeper error, and had the 2nd goal passed to him by a defender.

With that said, he still had to be there and alert to capitalise for both. But that’s not a skill that can be utilised in these kinds of circumstances too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vardy is posing me a problem, I actually benched him this GW. Palace next who aren't exactly adventurous and won't give him the space he likes to run into.
    Changing to Greenwood gives me funds to improve elsewhere.

But Vardy is a good snibber too and may get on to a few cut backs or crosses. They could also be in the penalty a bit too so penalties come in to it.

I’m really undecided.

Which Manchester United striker would people buy first -

Rashford or Greenwood ?

I’m guessing Rashford is more guaranteed the minutes so probably the safer bet.

Or is it genuinely a coin toss ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Rashford or Greenwood ?

Before the game the other night I already done Rashford & AWB for Aubameyang & a fodder.

I have Eddie but I think going forward I’d prefer Greenwood instead of him.

Tbh I think it depends on the shape & funds of your team. Do you want to upgrade elsewhere?

Personally I think Rashford Is due a haul and there is real temptation to captain him v Bournemouth

Rashford or Greenwood ?

I don’t agree with the viewpoint that Greenwood is going to start ahead of James every week.

Greenwood carries value at that price but he’s also taking up one of your 3 United spots that seem lucrative at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

CSF wrote: »
    I mean the Aubameyang thing, goalkeepers and defenders aren’t going to literally present him with the ball in front of goal twice every week.

I had him as captain and did not think he was a huge threat. I feel very fortunate with the points tally I got.

A 0.83 xg and a 0.33 xa kind of tells its own story in a week where he gained a tapin off a keeper error, and had the 2nd goal passed to him by a defender.

With that said, he still had to be there and alert to capitalise for both. But that’s not a skill that can be utilised in these kinds of circumstances too often.

That's just the kind of striker he is though. He's a nightmare from a FPL point of view but the guy is a goal machine.

Cheers guys.

So Rashford before Greenwood.

I’d agree that James should be a threat for minutes.

I’m not too concerned about my 3rd spot as I’ll have Fernandes and Rashford and my defence is already full.

I won’t buy Martial, even though I started the season with him and rate him savage, because there’s no way I expect him to stay fit. Not a chance unfortunately.

Edit - money no problem as will probably be carrying a couple of million for the remainder

The really quick turnaround for every gameweek from now until 37-38 helps ease the temptation to take hits :D

I think I’m going to go down the greenwood /martial then KDB and mahrez route

• Advertisement

Sarr/DCL to Pulisic/Greenwood done with 2FT

Advertisement