Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Tempted to go with Pogba over Bruno for the differential

Any Utd fans have any input on how likely Pogba is to get minutes between now and the end of the season?

I'd be surprised that if he continues to play well if he doesn't start every league game remaining. Mightnt finish them all. I think Ole will be keen to integrate the Bruno/Pogba axis. But he may be a little deeper than he was at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

claw wrote: »
    Not sure about Gomez after last night, he was subbed at half time. Not sure about Firmino either, he would be a good differential if he delivered. Can you not afford Doherty?

I think Gomez is a cert to start, and that's why he was subbed (to stop a red card)

Just realised I’ve another option. I’ve to choose which 3 to bring in and start this GW -

1 - Mahrez, Martial, Connolly

2 - Mahrez, Antonio, Greenwood

3 - KDB, Foden, Greenwood

Think 3 is the best but could argue none of them will start. Think I’m leaning to 2 but basing that on how excited/confident United fans are about Greenwood now being nailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I think Gomez is a cert to start, and that's why he was subbed (to stop a red card)

I thought he was subbed because he was awful to be honest, but then again he got very little help from the rest of the defence! He plays only cos Lovren is worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am really struggling and would appreciate advice
    I desperately need to put a few points on my rivals this week as it is probably the week my squad is best set up to do (even though I am likely be up against WC and FH teams)
    I need to get as many 50/50 calls right as possible

Keeper - Pope or Henderson - I am going for Pope

Play 2 from these 5 - Fernandez (WHU), Egan (bur), Taylor (SHU), Barnes (CPL), DCL (tot)
    I have flipped and flopped between 343/442 and all these players !

I had Fernandez in as a cert but West Ham looked good going forward the last day. Conversely Spurs looked terrible at the back (DCL)
    Taylor. - not mad on double up
    Egan - Burnley are a bit toothless
    Barnes - subbed at HT. Don't think I can risk a one point cameo as I am in danger of getting one from Greenwood!

Have currently switched back to 343 with egan and DCL

Captain - this is really wrecking my head
    Fernandes- fairly safe pick. Likely to be captained by many of those around me unless they go Rashford
    Salah - nobody else has him. Maybe with good reason........having to stick with him in 31 instead of the easy switch back to KDB is a big part in my current decline. Also have Mane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

2 FTs this week

TAA and Sarr out
    Maguire and Pulisic in

Not mad about losing TAA but have Gomez already for some Liverpool cover.

No backups and he was on a yellow.

Was subbed as a precaution.

km79 wrote: »
    I desperately need to put a few points on my rivals this week as it is probably the week my squad is best set up to do (even though I am likely be up against WC and FH teams)

Play 2 from these 5 - Fernandez (WHU), Egan (bur), Taylor (SHU), Barnes (CPL), DCL (tot)

I had Fernandez in as a cert but West Ham looked good going forward the last day. Conversely Spurs looked terrible at the back (DCL)
    Barnes - subbed at HT. Don't think I can risk a one point cameo as I am in danger of getting one from Greenwood!

Fernandes- fairly safe pick. Likely to be captained by many of those around me unless they go Rashford
    Salah - nobody else has him. Maybe with good reason........having to stick with him in 31 instead of the easy switch back to KDB is a big part in my current decline. Also have Mane

As I see it I think those are easy decisions.

I would start Henderson.

Egan and Barnes. DCL next choice.

Salah Captain.

claw wrote: »
    I thought he was subbed because he was awful to be honest, but then again he got very little help from the rest of the defence! He plays only cos Lovren is worse :)

Lovren wasn't even on the bench though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Foden will surely £8m next season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd agree with Klopp in the main.
    GK is the only one I might change. Extra rest for Burnley and the chance J Rod could start.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48206

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    Foden will surely £8m next season?

Unlikely I would take him at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Cantwell and Mahrez --> Martial and Foden

Foden has as much chance of starting as Mahrez these days so he's huge value for his price imo. Only had Fernandes for Man U so felt I needed another Man U player in there with their form and upcoming fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

No backups and he was on a yellow.

Was subbed as a precaution.

Not sure what the precaution is for, the league is over. He can play Fabinho there anyway, or at least try to.

magma69 wrote: »
    Cantwell and Mahrez --> Martial and Foden

Foden has as much chance of starting as Mahrez these days so he's huge value for his price imo. Only had Fernandes for Man U so felt I needed another Man U player in there with their form and upcoming fixtures.
    With Foden having started this week, and Martial not, you’ve likely made this transfer a week early or a week late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

2 FT's

Son to KDB
    Tammy to Greenwood

2.2 ITB

Even though I think KDB will only get a few mins this GW, he will be getting the armband the following week. Too many around me with him now that lads have made huge gains in my ML's. A pure punt to get him out and Son in on the Wc, that has backfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Currently have a team of:

Pope, Button
    TAA, Doherty, Aurier, Holgate, Fernandez
    Salah, KDB, Fernandes, St Max, Traore
    Rashford, Jimenez, Ayew

I went from just second in my league to 20 points down this week still second - even though I had an OK points hall (70 pts)

I'm not quite desperate yet but I'm starting to think of a mad differential plan -

Dump KDB and get Martial - use the 2.3 I have to upgrate another player and this is where I'm stuck...

Any thoughts - tell me if I'm mad for dropping KDB...

Sarr and Ritchie to Holgate and Pulisic, done

CSF wrote: »
    With Foden having started this week, and Martial not, you’ve likely made this transfer a week early or a week late.

A week late really. Martial started this week. If Foden wasn't going to rise in price I'd have held off but I'd rather get it done now even if he doesn't start the next game he's staying in my team for till the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd agree with Klopp in the main.
    GK is the only one I might change. Extra rest for Burnley and the chance J Rod could start.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48206

Dont even think of joining the paid league from that site. Thats my little secret ha.

• Advertisement

A week late really. Martial started this week. If Foden wasn't going to rise in price I'd have held off but I'd rather get it done now even if he doesn't start the next game he's staying in my team for till the end of the season.

But you’re doing it a week early too, because the odds are in favour of Mahrez starting and Foden not this weekend.

CSF wrote: »
    But you’re doing it a week early too, because the odds are in favour of Mahrez starting and Foden not this weekend.

I get your point, you don't seem to get mine.

Foden will have gone up in price had I waited, also I wouldn't have got Martial in who could be a big differential against Bournemouth. And I'm now free to make other changes next week.

I get your point, you don't seem to get mine.

Foden will have gone up in price had I waited, also I wouldn't have got Martial in who could be a big differential against Bournemouth. And I'm now free to make other changes next week.

I wouldn’t be too worried about the .1s at this stage of the year. Personally I think the week after he’s been rested against a bottom half team is not the week to get rid of him.

Mahrez is an insanely productive option and I think the only reason to avoid bringing him in is the rotation risk, which probably doesn’t exist this week so he is a top differential this week who I wish I could have without having to spend a transfer on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Need to make up ground sharpish and I'm half thinking on a mad punt on Oxlade-Chamberlain against Villa. Is this is crazy as it looks written down?

Pighead wrote: »
    Need to make up ground sharpish and I'm half thinking on a mad punt on Oxlade-Chamberlain against Villa. Is this is crazy as it looks written down?

Yeah, cause if you get lucky and he plays this weekend, you’ll have to transfer him out pretty soon anyway.

Has to be some better punts that you can get a few weeks points from.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yeah, you're right. Annoyingly I have 6.9 to spend on a midfielder which is just shy of Pulisic price. Will continue my search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yeah, you're right. Annoyingly I have 6.9 to spend on a midfielder which is just shy of Pulisic price. Will continue my search.

Bowen or Antonio for the Hammers perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Antonio is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks Klopparama and El Tel

What do you think scorpionsting and CSF

• Advertisement

I think Salah will score. If Spurs shipped 3 to Sheff United, I would not be benching DCL. Barnes I don’t feel that strongly about but he has a better ceiling than most defenders. The blank chances are probably about the same.

Probably wanna take this into account on captain choice but there’s probably a nicely sized pinch of salt to take it with. Just seen it doing the rounds on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1279113046246469637

Advertisement