Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Linehan banned from twitter for questioning "trans ideology"

Options
1585960616264»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

volchitsa wrote: »
    No that wouldn't be clear at all. I've never said anything of the sort, just as the other poster didn't say that a percentage of children dying would be acceptable to him. That's all just hysteria from you.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should reply to what posters have actually said, instead of what you want them to have said.

So which bit of the above do you disagree with? Doctors make decisions about off-label drugs every day. I'm confused about why so many people get so upset about use of off-label drugs in this one very particular scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭volchitsa

So which bit of the above do you disagree with? Doctors make decisions about off-label drugs every day. I'm confused about why so many people get so upset about use of off-label drugs in this one very particular scenario.

It's got nothing to do with my post, so I don't have to either agree or disagree with any of it, and am not interested in discussing it with a poster who completely misrepresents other posters' arguments in the way you've been doing.

If you don't want to discuss things with me, I'm not sure why you would reply to my posts on a discussion board.

I just can't get my head around why so many people are concerned about this one particular, niche scenario involving off-label drugs, but not about off-label drugs in general. It's almost as if their real concern isn't about the drugs at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭volchitsa

If you don't want to discuss things with me, I'm not sure why you would reply to my posts on a discussion board.

I just can't get my head around why so many people are concerned about this one particular, niche scenario involving off-label drugs, but not about off-label drugs in general. It's almost as if their real concern isn't about the drugs at all...

And I'm wondering why people who so completely misunderstand the fundamental notion of risk/benefit in medicine that they go hysterical when someone implicitly uses the notion expect to be taken seriously. Or why they need to completely rewrite what other posters have said instead of making their own point. Perhaps they don't really have one.

And I think it's fair enough to point out such a fundamental flaw in someone's logic without necessarily entering into a discussion on the subject itself with them. After all, it shows you need to rethink your logic first.

volchitsa wrote: »
    And I'm wondering why people who so completely misunderstand the fundamental notion of risk/benefit in medicine that they go hysterical when someone implicitly uses the notion expect to be taken seriously. Or why they need to completely rewrite what other posters have said instead of making their own point. Perhaps they don't really have one.

And I think it's fair enough to point out such a fundamental flaw in someone's logic without necessarily entering into a discussion on the subject itself with them. After all, it shows you need to rethink your logic first.
    I think the fundamental misunderstanding is on your side. If anything, your comments supports my position that medics made individual decisions about using off-label drugs in individual circumstances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement