Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach Headset Help

Options
  • 27-06-2020 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my ps4 headset from Sony Gold headset to the Turtle beach Elite Pro tournament and Tactical Audio controller setup in the hopes to have a really nice sound, however it just doesn't sound right. The game I'm judging them off is call of duty modern warfare and I'm looking to hear footsteps a lot clearer. Ar the moment the ps4 gold headset was much better at hearing footsteps but the 260 euro turtle beach setup isn't. I have the mix amp wired through digital optical cable into ps4 and the correct setup in sound settings following turtle beach tutorial. Is there something I've done wrong or can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have you cycled through the presets on the Turtle Beach headset? Some are geared towards music, FPS, RPG, etc. With that set up, it should be better than the Gold (even though I think the Gold is fantastic). I'd imagine it's some setting somewhere either on the headset or the audio controller.

Edit: While not specifically for MW, this lad had similar issues with BO3 and it was down to the TAC (gaming preset with footstep focus): https://www.reddit.com/r/TurtleBeachHeadsets/comments/6ih4zu/best_sound_settings_for_turtle_beach_elite_pro/

Guide for the presets: https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006157367-Tactical-Audio-Controller-Presets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Haven't played MW, but I was under the impression that its audio was poor generally?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The footsteps initially weren't great, as in you could hear them, but you had no idea where they were coming from and how far away they were (further than you thought anyway). Thought they fixed it though. I dunno, don't play it anymore really.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Aato

Yeah I have it set correctly according to that reddit. I think it's more so the fact that everything else is too loud that footsteps are harder to hear. I haven't tried other games with them. As far as I was aware they were used in the competitive scene and were designed for esports.

Also yeah I see a lot of people complaining about the audio in cod mw, I guess the next one will hopefully be better.

Advertisement