Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR!

• 27-06-2020 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Is anyone else having trouble with Eir, we have no landline or internet for the last week now, have logged this fault on their myeir app every day this week but its still not showing up under the logged faults section, and you can forget about contacting them on the phone, they appear to be an absolute shambles of a service provider!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I would say crack open a cold one and sit back and prepare to wait (measured in weeks and months). or just abandon all hope and switch ( you WILL thank me later).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I've had problems with my broadband in the last few months. Logged a fault and had an engineer on, site in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

yankinlk wrote: »
    I would say crack open a cold one and sit back and prepare to wait (measured in weeks and months). or just abandon all hope and switch ( you WILL thank me later).

I would abandon all hope & get out quick Eir charging for email addresses now in effort to get more cash in.... it won't last much longer....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Orla1975

EIR are the worse I have ever dealt with. Over charge, illegally taken money from my account. Trying 3 months to cancel, I’m out of contact at the moment. Staff raised her voice and swore at me in the crescent shopping centre today and refused to cancel my account or get anyone to contact me to cancel. Gave me 4 numbers, none worked.

Orla1975 wrote: »
    EIR are the worse I have ever dealt with. Over charge, illegally taken money from my account. Trying 3 months to cancel, I’m out of contact at the moment. Staff raised her voice and swore at me in the crescent shopping centre today and refused to cancel my account or get anyone to contact me to cancel. Gave me 4 numbers, none worked.

I guess they have given up on trying to deal with helping customers correct billing errors. They must be diverting all staff to sales. Would love to know if the strategy is working, or will it eventually work against them.

I have truly tried to ring many times and simply cannot get through. Any contract we have in my house will run out and instantly be cancelled to never return.

Very siloed company , you cannot get anyone on operator or in any other dept to help. "Thats not my job" . They alao offer no option to create any ticket or to track any issue.

• Advertisement

I am now on my third month with everything swapped to vodafone. Every month i am happily surprised when my bill is exactly the same as the previous month... exactly what i agreed to pay.

Amazing feeling after suffering Eir billing roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I am now on my third month with everything swapped to vodafone. Every month i am happily surprised when my bill is exactly the same as the previous month... exactly what i agreed to pay.

Amazing feeling after suffering Eir billing roulette.

On the flip side, Vodafone’s broadband is SH1TE where I am. Constant drops in WiFi connection and slow to load pages. Never had this issue with Eir.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dumped eir last month after many many years, felt like a huge release to be rid of those clowns.
    Id urge everyone to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

My contract is up later this month. I have tried to get in touch with them several times but to no avail. Any recommendations, I need decent broadband and tv, with sports channels.

My contract is up later this month. I have tried to get in touch with them several times but to no avail. Any recommendations, I need decent broadband and tv, with sports channels.

I tried bundling. I think its a bad move. Get the best from the best. Vodafone for BB gave me exactly what EIR could not. a predictable monthly bill. If you care more about TV than BB service than maybe some will suggest... Sky maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Their offerings aren't too bad - however the customer wait time is shockingly bad - over an hour - and the only thing that changes is the excuses for it on the pre-recorded message.

When you do get through to someone in customer care - I think they can offer whatever deals are available (no special dept anymore).

However, they definitely make themselves hard to contact - so it might be easier to just look at sky or vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RohnB

What an absolute nightmare they are to deal with. Trying to get a home move across the line with them for a month now and still getting no where. Hours waiting on phone lines to be told that I'd get a call back, lies it would seem as they never do. Just trying to cancel it now but can't get a call back from their cancellation team. What an absolute nightmare of a company! Can I just cancel my direct debit and maybe they'll contact me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

RohnB wrote: »
    What an absolute nightmare they are to deal with. Trying to get a home move across the line with them for a month now and still getting no where. Hours waiting on phone lines to be told that I'd get a call back, lies it would seem as they never do. Just trying to cancel it now but can't get a call back from their cancellation team. What an absolute nightmare of a company! Can I just cancel my direct debit and maybe they'll contact me then.

No it'll be a debt collector that ends up contacting you they're so bloody useless.

RohnB wrote: »

I finally got away from Eir last year. It was a huge sense of relief! Never again. Worst customer service ever. (this was for Broadband and phone line).

I switched to Sky in July 2019 and got an offer of €64 per month for BB and TV (basic SKy package). That contract ended this July and my bill shot up to €90!!
    I have since moved to Vodafone Siro, €40 per month for BB and TV. HOWEVER Sky are still charging me despite me giving them 31 days notice and DESPITE them telling me there would be no charges. When I rang them yesterday they said I never cancelled the line!!!! I will be getting a chargeback from AIB on this (I was paying on credit card).

Grrrrr these companies are all the same!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tvjunki

I had a issue with my line in March before lockdown. Seemly many were overcharged for broadband and many were changing their packages.
    Needed two accounts one for work one for home, both merged. I contacted them in the cooling off period to revert back to old contract told I could not. I rang the customer service number and after 45minutes the phone would be dropped at their end.
    I complained through Facebook, then their contact page. Got no joy. Rang Comreg and they got involved. I did not loose any service during this time. Only last week fully resolved but it was resolved.

Stores are not allowed to cancel contracts so you still have to contact the Customer Service line.

Contact Comreg, they will give you a reference number and an Eir email address specific to their complaints. Keep records for all calls and contacts as well as names. The Eir staff are still working from home. All calls are recorded so if you are not happy you will have a record of the conversation day and time.
    If someone is rude or shout at you in the store get their name before you explain your situation. The stores are getting the flack and they have been inundated was landline customers cannot get through to the customer service line.

Comreg will send you a log of all communications with them.

Eir have 4weeks to reply and resolve and will give you the name of a person dedicated to your case. They will call you from an unknown number. Ask for their number as well and their email.
    I had to go back into the store to open a new dongle broadband(19.99) per month for 6months contract. Cheaper than the 30euros per month for half the service I was getting before.

If they do not come back then contact comreg and then eir have a week to reply.

Comreg number.
    Phone: (01) 804 9600
    Keeping records is the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

Do you mind me asking what's the easiest time to get away from them? My contract with EIR is up in 3 weeks, I tried to contact them to say I was moving away - 30 day notice. I really don't want to give them the excuse to jack up my bill. Ideally a smooth transition to vodafone on or as close after the contract expiry date as possible. I have not ordered vodafone yet as Im scared they will migrate me before EIR expiry and therefore giving them the right to penalise me.
    Any advice welcome!
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭DRice

Vwsham wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what's the easiest time to get away from them? My contract with EIR is up in 3 weeks, I tried to contact them to say I was moving away - 30 day notice. I really don't want to give them the excuse to jack up my bill. Ideally a smooth transition to vodafone on or as close after the contract expiry date as possible. I have not ordered vodafone yet as Im scared they will migrate me before EIR expiry and therefore giving them the right to penalise me.
    Any advice welcome!
    Thanks
    Get the uan from eir. They are obliged to give it to u. Any of the goons on the online chat should be able to release it. Any hassle threaten to take legal action .
    Ensure the new provider is not vodafone
    Ensure the install datee is after your eir contract is up
    Your new provider will do a uan transfer and take care of the switch for you

DRice wrote: »
    Get the uan from eir. They are obliged to give it to u. Any of the goons on the online chat should be able to release it. Any hassle threaten to take legal action .
    Ensure the new provider is not vodafone
    Ensure the install datee is after your eir contract is up
    Your new provider will do a uan transfer and take care of the switch for you

Why not Vodafone? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭DRice

Why not Vodafone? :confused:

They make a mess of your order

Not in my experience. Vodafone has been a dream since leaving eir.

Not sure if its possible to avoid any of the eir problems no matter how you leave... keep notes and dates and try be patient but they will charge past the month and charge for non returned hardware without offering a safe way to return it.

I think the uan is on the top of a pdf eir bill... use my eir to download a copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Mav11

Not in my experience either. Seamless transition from Virgin to VF.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Not in my experience either. Seamless transition from Virgin to VF.

after an initial letter quoting the wrong price, I got sorted. All very good now and a great price of just €40 for BB and TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rd11

Hi
    Can anyone on here help.
    I'm sure someone may have experienced this.
    Got my new upgrade.
    My old phone i want to give this to a family member.
    They are Vodafone. I was told this would be no problem.
    Unfortunately I have blocked the sim network its now asking for a sim network puk.
    Rang eir. They said to ring Vodafone
    Going around u circles getting absolutely no where.
    Eir Cs is a joke.
    Vodafone and phone v quickly but just as unhelpful.

i had a similar issue wiht an old locked phone recently.
    No way was i gonna waste time on hold with CS support... go to ebay buy a code for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rd11

i had a similar issue wiht an old locked phone recently.
    No way was i gonna waste time on hold with CS support... go to ebay buy a code for a tenner.

Would you have a link?
    Absolute nightmare. I thought it would be an easy process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Eir are the absolute pits. Worst customer service I have ever come across, they designed it to frustrate customers not help them. Long wait times, and then they'll often hang up on you. They are supposed to be a communications company ffs!

How is their ceo carolan lennon still in situ?
    And the board of directors of eir?
    david mcredmond - an post
    paddy browne - teagasc
    rose hynes - shannon group
    richard moat - ??
    padraig o'riordan - national lottery
    fiona tierney - public appointments service (civil servant)
    michael golan - banker
    xavier neil - ??

Why are all these people still in situ given the pathetic service their company provides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Floppybits

M three wrote: »
    Eir are the absolute pits. Worst customer service I have ever come across, they designed it to frustrate customers not help them. Long wait times, and then they'll often hang up on you. They are supposed to be a communications company ffs!

How is their ceo carolan lennon still in situ?
    And the board of directors of eir?
    david mcredmond - an post
    paddy browne - teagasc
    rose hynes - shannon group
    richard moat - ??
    padraig o'riordan - national lottery
    fiona tierney - public appointments service (civil servant)
    michael golan - banker
    xavier neil - ??

Why are all these people still in situ given the pathetic service their company provides?

Looking at it and the lack of care that they give to customers is that they are in such a position that they don't need to care about customer support that they could be making more money just out of wholesaling and this is where their focus is and not customer retention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Here's my epic yarn...
    • Ordered fibre in the second week of August.
    • Installation organised for the first week of September.
    • No show - Eir never completed the order with wholesale.
    • Reorganised for later that week.
    • Engineer turned up on time and got to work.
    • Eir has assigned me to the wrong switch, several hundred metres away, engineer couldn't run a cable.
    • He checked the ducting, said next guy out it will be a quick job.
    • Rang Eir the following week. Several calls to get through to them, multiple hang-ups and dropped calls. Eventually got through to someone who said they'd reorganise a call out
    • 1 week later, no update. Another frustrating call back, no updates.
    • 1 week later, eventual update that they'll send out a survey team. No idea why, I couldn't get it through to them that the issue was a wrong switch number, but sure when the survey team arrive they'll figure that out.
    • No show from a survey team. Eir never organised it correctly.

Now in October
    • Same ****e. Either can't get through on the phone, given a wrong number, get cut off when put on hold, No update.
    • Repeat over and over. Can't get them to explain what the issue is their end or get them to get a guy out to see that there's no actual problem with the installation other than their **** up first time around.

Now in November
    • They say they've escalated it to management, will update me shortly.
    • No update within a week
    • Eventually get through to someone who said he'll cancel my pending order, the cancellation team will call me
    • Cancellation team call me. Said they can't cancel it, I need to call fullfillment. FFS, he doesn't understand that you simply couldn't get through to them at the time. Gives me a spiel about procedures. No patience, told him no, you cancel it. Puts me on hold, eventually comes back to say he got another team to cancel it.

I kept a diary, 26 phone calls in total, not all resulting in talking to someone, but averaging say 30-60 minutes on hold each time.

I'm trying to go with Vodafone now, but they seem to have inherited the **** up Eir caused telling my fibre is not available despite the switch being on the footpath outside at the entrance to my bloody drive and they're saying I can't get faster than 30Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Yoga7

Wow..thats some experience.
    In a similar situation with them myself but its only going on since the start of October.. not August!

They really should be ashamed of how they operate. I lost 3.5 hours today waiting for them to pick up my call, only to get hung up on by 2 different customer service reps.

How this standard of service is allowed to continue I do not know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's simply no management in that place, there can't be. How can anyone stand over how they operate, the call history, notes, resolution times (or lack thereof), what I imagine is every SLA being trashed, is there for them to see in their CRM systems with business information reports readily available and identifying their problems.

Advertisement