Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven Mortgages

Options
  • 27-06-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Just wondering does anyone here have any experience with Haven Mortgages?

I have been approved a mortgage with them via our broker. I am just a little bit reluctant as I have never heard of them before.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Have my mortgage with Haven. Have no issue what so ever. I was allowed break a fixed contract early with no penalty and move onto a new lower fixed rate. Was very happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

They are essentially AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Haven are the broker section of AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭lau1247

They are essentially AIB.

They are essentially AIB via broker but like bare bones operation.

Be prepared to do most things by letters (i.e. if trying to over pay by adjusting Direct debit. Or once off overpayment, there is no electronic transfer option, so need cheque).

Other than that, work just fine.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Never had a Haven mortgage but I worked for them. A disaster if you fall into arrears or don't have a direct debit set up; you have to pay by cheque or call the arrears support unit. They're so bad its laughable but fine once you set up a DD & dont miss any payments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement