Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut electric wire to pump

Options
  • 27-06-2020 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I see a cut electric wire to a water pump this evening it's out doors what is the best way to fix it ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Turn off the breaker to the pump before you do anything.
    You might have to run a brand new cable or use a waterproof resin joiner to rejoin cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

alan4cult wrote: »
    Turn off the breaker to the pump before you do anything.
    You might have to run a brand new cable or use a waterproof resin joiner to rejoin cable.

I would like to use that waterproof resin joiner is easy to get one on a Sunday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

They are really meant for low power loads, although you can get much bigger ones. Would need to know details of pump wattage.

alan4cult wrote: »
    They are really meant for low power loads, although you can get much bigger ones. Would need to know details of pump wattage.

Power output 0.59 kw

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A “submarine kit” will do it. I doubt you will get one anywhere on a Sunday. They are suitable for large loads too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

You don't say where you are but screwfix would be open or dwyers in cork.

You don't say where you are but screwfix would be open or dwyers in cork.

Got sorted out thanks for the advice lads .

Advertisement