Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballer who accused club of treating players unfairly

• 27-06-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So I have this memory of a player accusing their club of treating him as a slave for refusing a transfer off..

But can't remember the player...

Does this sound familiar to anyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    So I have this memory of a player accusing their club of treating him as a slave for refusing a transfer off..

Was this Sepp Blatter or his agent accusing United of treating Ronaldo like a slave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That would be multi millionaire whinge bag Cristiano Ronaldo.....I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danny Rose said they were being treated like Lab Rats for restarting the league.

Didn't see the transfer bit.

Yes Blatter on Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Danny Rose said they were being treated like Lab Rats for restarting the league.

Didn't see the transfer bit.

Yes Blatter on Ronnie.

Oh sorry, should have mentioned in OP that it was from a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭passatman86

Jean Marc Bosman I think your on about
    Went to court to allow footballers move clubs for free when their contracts are up, Bosman himself ended up bankrupt not long after his court case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This is a weird thread. I feel the OP knows exactly what he/shes's talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Liam O wrote: »
    This is a weird thread. I feel the OP knows exactly what he/shes's talking about.

I'd be inclined to agree.

A quick Google search or the key words will show you that it was Blatter that said it about Ronaldo, Ronaldo then reiterated the statement & agreed.

I'd be interested to know the OPs angle here mind, so let's keep this going :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Nah. Tell us more.

I remember Pierre Van Hooijdink going on strike when Forest turned down a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Chelsea had a defender who refused to train/play but still picked up the wages until he was out of contract, Bakayaro I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea had a defender who refused to train/play but still picked up the wages until he was out of contract, Bakayaro I think

That was Bogarde he used to Ryanair in and out daily from Holland for training with the kids while collecting huge wages as no team wanted him and he would't take a pay cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Bobby Duncan sprung to mind! More his agent though, hot rid of since as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It was actually the Ronaldo situation with Man Utd that I was thinking of...

I mistakenly thought it was Bale...

Cheers all

Advertisement