Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slim Cigarettes banned in Ireland

• 27-06-2020 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    The European Union banned a number of tobacco products on May 20, the Irish Government included. The products banned were: small pouches of tobacco, menthol cigarettes and slim cigarettes. I smoked the latter. I had no warning they would be banned. When vendors stopped selling them, I sought out the shops that still had them in stock. Then I had to give them up because the stocks ran dry across the country. These were mild, low-tar cigarettes and I smoked 5-8 a day.

I reached out to the HSE for support. They sent me a money box which looked like a Trocaire box. I felt like a poor cause. I can't fill that - you pay for smokes by card. But the flip-calendar they sent really help because it captures your days without.

I am now 21 days smoke-free. But it's awful. I'm angry - I didn't want a higher power to tell me to cease smoking. On the other side, I feel liberated. I don't have to worry about finding the shops that sold slim cigarettes. I want to smoke, but there isn't a cigarette now in the land that I can smoke, because I only smoked slims.

I have bought a vape with tobacco flavour.

Has anyone else had this experience with either slim or menthol cigarettes or giving up in general at 21 days?

Advertisement