Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future looks good for Simon Harris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Harris has no third level education and zero professional experience prior to being a TD.

Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

smurgen wrote: »
    Here ya go buddy. Top ten worst performance, Simon done a great job! https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

From the link you provided "This table aims to provide a complete picture on the topic, but it very much relies on data that has become more difficult to compare".

And this coming from yourself who was stupid enough to think Boris Johnson was making us look bad. If the topic wasn't so serious, your ramblings would be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Harris has no third level education and zero professional experience prior to being a TD.

Only in Ireland.

Third level education??

And what?

Most dimwits I know think they are great because they have a degree.

They barely manage to dress themselves in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I can just picture the scene in Parnell square yesterday:

SF having to try cover up another embarrassing story about one of their party members- this time being the racist homophobe holohan and not the anti vaxers/5G conspiracy theorists, etc- set their shinner bots free.

Go forth and start as many negative online threads as you can about FF/FG/GP, give us loads of ra/anti Brit memes on twitter and Facebook, engage in loads of whatsboutery & completely avoid the current SF issues and finally - start insinuating nonsense to try stoke anger against the government.

“Fly my pretties, fly”

This thread & OP are the perfect manifestation of that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I can just picture the scene in Parnell square yesterday:

SF having to try cover up another embarrassing story about one of their party members- this time being the racist homophobe holohan and not the anti vaxers/5G conspiracy theorists, etc- set their shinner bots free.

Go forth and start as many negative online threads as you can about FF/FG/GP, give us loads of ra/anti Brit memes on twitter and Facebook, engage in loads of whatsboutery & completely avoid the current SF issues and finally - start insinuating nonsense to try stoke anger against the government.

“Fly my pretties, fly”

And mentioning "change" 597 times in one day.

#NoTmYtAOisEaCh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Only in Ireland.
    We've had about 5 MoH who were doctors and only one of them proved to be any good so yeah only in Ireland.

#NoTmYtAOisEaCh

“And if someone asks me about what the change is?”

“Ah just tell them that they wouldn’t understand cos they are against change and the people voted for change and they are not change, they are just the same old”

“So empty deflectionary, non- committal nonsense?”

“You bet ya”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only in Ireland.

Dont think ive seen anyone fail upwards so spectacularly. He was a disaster in health, completely out of his depth. Giving way to experts and being a mouthpiece since March is the only competent thing he has done. Sure he thought it was the 19th strain of covid when he went off talking of his own accord.

Despite that, hes nailed on to be future fg leader after leo/simon. All about the optics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Did we not do crapin the crisis considering we are an island nation? Very surprised he doesn't have college degree, thought he would be the phd type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

“Fly my pretties, fly”

Nonsense. I'm anti SF, not overly keen on the greens or FF, and my tolerance for FG is only because I think they are the best of a bad lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

jmayo wrote: »
    the only one that seems to have done anything for anyone in that neck of the woods is the new TD Whitmore.

Having personally dealt with Harris, Donnelly and Whitmore I would agree with this.

Harris had zero credentials but was seen as young, eager and full of promise by his constituency when he was first voted in. He was fast tracked into cabinet by Enda but he’s never really shown any flare since then. He’s a yes man and will do as he’s told in order to climb the ranks. Like it or not, it’s a strategy that appears to be working well for him so far.

Donnelly was another new face that offered hope and sense at a time when Ireland was being stripped of its economic sovereignty. He appeared to be on “our” side and was often the voice of reason on the VB show but none of it ever actually amounted to anything other than being a large thorn in Noonan’s side. Maybe because he was independent. He certainly has the professional credentials and experience to allow him make an impact but can he take on the unions ?

Whitmore is a genuine, decent and honest person who has worked tirelessly for her community at county council level. I have mixed feelings about the SD decision to stay away from government formation talks. I believe it was the correct decision on an ethical level but it could cost them if the electorate decide to punish them next time out. I sincerely hope the SD party grows and thrives as we desperately need alternatives in our political landscape, now more then ever. I don’t agree with all of their policies but I’d take them over FFFGG any day..

Nonsense. I'm anti SF, not overly keen on the greens or FF, and my tolerance for FG is only because I think they are the best of a bad lot.

Sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

sabat wrote: »
    It was one of the most head-scratching phenomenons of the covid threads, and right here, how poster after poster said "I think he's doing a good job." He was so obviously out of his depth and not making decisions but acting as a mouthpiece for the "experts."
    Why do you have experts in inverted comma's
    Do you know better than them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Our deaths per million isn't too far behind the U.S. We have been regularly trading positions over the last couple of months.

When you take out the microstates, they are the 7th worst in the world and we are the 9th worst

Shh no don't say that. Just keep chanting leo and Simon are playing a blinder over and over despite all the evidence of the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Did we not do crapin the crisis considering we are an island nation? Very surprised he doesn't have college degree, thought he would be the phd type.

Why get a qualification when you can hop on the bandwagon of being a td and minister despite no experience or qualification justifying your appointment. Then you can **** up a major crisis and still have people tell you your **** smells like Chanel no. 5

Our deaths per million isn't too far behind the U.S. We have been regularly trading positions over the last couple of months.

When you take out the microstates, they are the 7th worst in the world and we are the 9th worst

And the US deaths continue to rapidly increase. We're not rapidly increasing as we got a handle on it. The US was behind us around two weeks ago. Our number has barely grown and the same cannot be said of them.

Stephen Donnelly might not be to most peoples taste but I think hes a smarter man. Hes not a salesman like Harris is (whose real talent is selling whatever line senior public servants concoct and making it palatable).

Prefer government ministers to have mind of their own and be a bit independently creative in their solutions.

Third level education??

And what?

Most dimwits I know think they are great because they have a degree.

They barely manage to dress themselves in the morning...

The man became a TD on the back of his promises to make major changes in the area of support for those with special needs. Its an area close to his own families heart. This was whilst he was in his early 20s.

He swiftly dropped that line as he played the game and climbed the ranks. Wouldnt even call him a snake oil salesman as it would infer some intelligence.

is_that_so wrote: »
    We've had about 5 MoH who were doctors and only one of them proved to be any good so yeah only in Ireland.

People think im referring to zero prior professional experience in health.

He has had zero prior working experience in literally anything. Thats a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

He backed Tony O Brien to the hilt . Says it all for me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Stephen Donnelly might not be to most peoples taste but I think hes a smarter man. Hes not a salesman like Harris is (whose real talent is selling whatever line senior public servants concoct and making it palatable).

Prefer government ministers to have mind of their own and be a bit independently creative in their solutions.

He certainly had a mind of his own when he screwed his constituents by jumping ship to FF.

tigger123 wrote: »
    He certainly had a mind of his own when he screwed his constituents by jumping ship to FF.

Would that be the same constituents who returned him to Dail Eireann again now hes a member of FF?

They recovered from that heart ache pretty quickly.

We have very low standards when it comes to championing TDs who read what written for them off an autocue and basically take out a loan to hire an acceptable level of health staff in one go, to allow our hospital service to function properly

I have good time for simon harris....2nd only to gerry adams in terms of respect

He have a quite serious illness and could have hidden away during cv19 crisis and faced no critism for doing so

But he put his life on line for country,and done his best....now he fcuked up a few times,but you cant ask for anything more from a public representive.....

in himself and coveney,FG have 2 good people at top of party

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

tigger123 wrote: »

He had to join a party if he was ever going to have a say in or influence policy decisions.

His decision to join FF has just landed him a ministry.

I doubt he’ll ever look back on it with regret.

I have good time for simon harris....2nd only to gerry adams in terms of respect

He have a quite serious illness and could have hidden away during cv19 crisis and faced no critism for doing so

But he put his life on line for country,and done his best....now he fcuked up a few times,but you cant ask for anything more from a public representive.....

in himself and coveney,FG have 2 good people at top of party

1. Gerry Adams
    2. Simon Harris

Is a hierarchy of respect that I never thought I’d see

1. Gerry Adams
    2. Simon Harris

Is a hierarchy of respect that I never thought I’d see

Martin ferris,simon coveney,pearse doherty also feature in top.10 :pac:

Martin ferris,simon coveney,pearse doherty also feature in top.10 :pac:

Haha that is some combination alright!
    Have a good Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

#NoTmYtAOisEaCh

Sure FFG mentioned historic the same amount of times. As if we were asleep for confidence and supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Simon Harris needs to hit amazon.co.uk for some just for men hair dye. And book a holiday too

Before the nation he is going grey in his thirties :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

jmayo wrote: »
    What fooking age are you?
    Do you still believe in Santa ?

No politician can make the changes needed because they would be fired immediately for daring to take on all the vested interests that has the HSE and health service the way it is.
    and that includes the nurses, the consultants, the admin staff, the tech staff, the whole lot who run to their unions or representative body if someone tires to make the slightest change.

And as for the spoofer donnelly who as the Indians used to say speaks with "forked tongue".
    I still remember the night I met him at a Wicklow door to look for a vote in 2011 when he lambasted fianna fail and what they had done.

Yeah he was quick enough to jump into bed with them to further his career.

And as for harris taking over education, he hasn't shown much interest in education to date.
    In fact he didn't seem that bothered kids in his own town don't have secondary school places, an issue that was apparent years ago but hasn't been dealt with and means kids will now spend three years in prefabs.

the only one that seems to have done anything for anyone in that neck of the woods is the new TD Whitmore.

One can hope that he has the brains to sort it out.

And I'm a SocDem member although probably not for long as it's a shambles of a set up. Honestly what he done was disgraceful but I am mature enough to leave that aside and hope that he can implement a strategic transformation programme in relation to the HSE monstrosity. We all pay for it and the value is certainly not there.

Your attitude comes agress aggressive and very defeatist.

Advertisement