Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future looks good for Simon Harris

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

The man is after aging about 25 years in the last 3 months, he'd want to take it easy.

Put up a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    One can hope that he has the brains to sort it out.

And I'm a SocDem member although probably not for long as it's a shambles of a set up. Honestly what he done was disgraceful but I am mature enough to leave that aside and hope that he can implement a strategic transformation programme in relation to the HSE monstrosity. We all pay for it and the value is certainly not there.

Your attitude comes agress aggressive and very defeatist.

You just don't get it.
    You could have all the brains in the world, but brains is not going to solve it.

In fact if anything you need someone totally pigheaded that doesn't give a flying fook what people think, and most especially doesn't care about their long term political career.
    And that definitely is not donnelly.
    donnelly will talk the talk, sound good in soundbytes and do fook all.

Yes I may sound defeatist, but I have been around the block long enough to know how the HSE and Irish health system works.
    My other half works in a speciality in HSE, I have worked for HSE suppliers so see it from two sides.
    And it stinks as an organisation.

There is so much dead wood, so many poor work practices, so much wastage.

Throwing money at it usually resorts in a "payrise" to placate some group or other whose noses have been put out of joint.
    Or establishment of another working group, another monitoring group to monitor the fact that things don't work.
    Just look at the mess of the childrens hospital which has seen medical politics being played resulting in an overpriced decades later ill fitting long term solution.

The decent hard working staff are threading water and but for the fact that they care and work hard for the customers, i.e. the patients, the whole thing would collapse.

Brains is not going to solve it, because you are dealing with a lot of people who will do anything to protect their entitled environment.

And that goes form the lowest porter to the highest consultant.
    The rot doesn't just include the wastage admin, it includes nursing staff whiling away their time in management meetings, tech staff playing hookey, porters refusing to do anything that is not exactly and precisely their job, etc, etc.

The HSE was a bastardised child from the start, created by amalgamating all the health boards with absolutely none of the saving by removing duplication, but actually making things worse by adding layers of bureaucracy.

The way to solve HSE/Health System is to remove it totally from the remit of politicians.
    And let the likes of a stubborn cut throat person ala Michael O'Leary have free reign to gut it.
    And when the strikes start for the general public to not back the staff.

And that will never happen.

And the whole fooking thing like a lot of what passes for Irish public service and Irish establishment, including our sporting ones, pi**es me off and makes me damn angry.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement