Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in the know about redeployment?

Options
  • 28-06-2020 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I’ll be heading into my second year of a career break this September. I heard from a colleague in my school, however, that someone has been redeployed into my hours for the coming school year. Is this possible? I didn’t know that career break vacancies were used in the redeployment process. And what happens when I come back next year?

There is a chance that my grapevine has got the details wrong, as there was another 22 hour job also advertised in my subject this year, but with a significant number of resource hours involved. Am I going to end up with a load of resource when I come back, where I didn’t have it before?!

Thanks for any light anyone can shed! I’m worried that I may be at redeployment risk also as I’m very low down the seniority list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Aquals wrote: »
    I’ll be heading into my second year of a career break this September. I heard from a colleague in my school, however, that someone has been redeployed into my hours for the coming school year. Is this possible? I didn’t know that career break vacancies were used in the redeployment process. And what happens when I come back next year?

There is a chance that my grapevine has got the details wrong, as there was another 22 hour job also advertised in my subject this year, but with a significant number of resource hours involved. Am I going to end up with a load of resource when I come back, where I didn’t have it before?!

Thanks for any light anyone can shed! I’m worried that I may be at redeployment risk also as I’m very low down the seniority list.

My understanding is you get your job back and the person moves onto the next vacancy. Any vacancies that are of one year length are filled by redeployment before a job is advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Thanks for the reply.

Also, what happens if I come back, and the school as a whole is not over quota for teachers, but we have way too many french teachers?

Would someone get redeployed out of french in that scenario? Or do you just get given something else to teach?

There’s also a chance I’d be less senior than the teacher that has been redeployed in, as I only have two years teaching in my school (was given career break for year 3), while they could have a lot more teaching years that transfer with them from their school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Aquals wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Also, what happens if I come back, and the school as a whole is not over quota for teachers, but we have way too many french teachers?

Would someone get redeployed out of french in that scenario? Or do you just get given something else to teach?

There’s also a chance I’d be less senior than the teacher that has been redeployed in, as I only have two years teaching in my school (was given career break for year 3), while they could have a lot more teaching years that transfer with them from their school?

You would get whatever subjects you were teaching and what you received your CID for. I do think you have to be back in the five years or you will be the redeployed teacher.

I don't know what happens if there are too many teachers for one subject. I presume the French hours are divided out and the timetables are made up with resource etc. Or it could be given on seniority - I really don't know. Such teachers could be teaching their second subject - curricular needs of the school.

Redeployment is the teacher with the least experience/most junior as far as I know.

Advertisement