Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second time buyer

Options
  • 28-06-2020 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, apologies for question but a little clueless as to mortgage rules etc. Bought our first home about 11/12 years ago but as family is getting a little bigger we were thinking maybe trading up if possible. However not too sure what this would mean financially yet.
    Roughly speaking I think we would be selling our current home for approx 350 and possibly buying for approx 450. Can anyone tell me what the mortgage deposit rules are for this,and stamp duty liability? any other major financial outgoings invlovled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

121212 wrote: »
    Hi, apologies for question but a little clueless as to mortgage rules etc. Bought our first home about 11/12 years ago but as family is getting a little bigger we were thinking maybe trading up if possible. However not too sure what this would mean financially yet.
    Roughly speaking I think we would be selling our current home for approx 350 and possibly buying for approx 450. Can anyone tell me what the mortgage deposit rules are for this,and stamp duty liability? any other major financial outgoings invlovled?
    If you are a second time buyer you need minimum of 20% deposit.
    Not sure of any other differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

at least 20% deposit and affordability on the increased mortgage. .Stamp duty would be the same 1% of the house value. That's only difference, you won't qualify for help to buy obvs :)

Advertisement