Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNN On Sky

• 28-06-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Most evenings from approx 9PM I lose CNN from sky+. Every other channel OK.
    Does anybody else have this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Most evenings from approx 9PM I lose CNN from sky+. Every other channel OK.
    Does anybody else have this problem.

Seems there was a recent change made to CNN and a few other transponders on Sky, lots of people complaining about loss of channel
    As its free to air, they don't seem too fussed. If it was a premium channel, would be fixed in no time.
    Its at the edge, freq wise of the high and low end of the LNB. Reboot, sorry, with card out sometimes works, as does a tweek on dish line up, but I get it no problem on an old Sky + box I don't subscribe, but a friend who is paying Sky, doesn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Likewise as regards the old box. I have an old sky box that I use FTA and, no problem with CNN. But at the same time no CNN on the subscription box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

just checked. ccn is on here

CNN Sky freq is 11.082.
    Will investigate matter today, trying a dish realignment, swapping boxs, Sky call-out is currently, £35. Interesting no charge, allegally, for Sky Q, as they own the box?
    At the risk of crossing threads, CNN reporters using drone for pieces to camera, on the move, no crews.

Thanks for frequency

• Advertisement

Three answers, dish realignment dish realignment, dish realignment.

If you stand behind the dish, with dish still locked off, a tiny nudge to the right brought CNN back.
    Tilt appears to need no adjustment, just pan. Dish pan can then be carefully loosened and reset, allowing for access and rust, good luck, stay safe.
    Several conversations, some heated, with Sky, non tech people, you won't get sn engineer, appear to reveal complete lack of knowledge or indeed interest lin the problem,and an attempt to get you to take Sky Q. "If no signal, appears on screen, a call out at £35, is involved" End of conversation.
    Not interested in the fact that sig strength on screen is around 70% and hundreds of channels can be viewed,but not CNN, after the recent move.
    A useful, but frustrating few hours on behalf of a friend at their dish, and reinforcement of my decision to cancel my subscription months ago.

Thanks for that info. I will be folowing you to FTA shortly.

Thanks for your interest.
    Do you mean Freesat receivers?
    I think same would apply as I'm assuming it's a dish alignment problem,and same satellite
    Interesting to note CNN on Freesat and several other major channels are only in SD, whilst on a non subscription Sky +HD box, all are HD.

I have a second (older) sky box that I am using in a second room that has no problem receiving CNN at any time so, I can use that .

• Advertisement

My understanding is that the poor signal level is a problem for a slightly off pan dish, nothing to do with the box. I'm feeding two boxes from the quad lnb on the one dish.
    The reason this CNN move is of great concern to the elderly lady I'm doing this for is that Sky is her only source of television at her location in S. Down.
    Due to the terrain she's not seeing any Free view, although the Tx is 10 mile away line of sight.
    Broadband speed when I checked recently was 0.3mbits.

Advertisement