Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Double glazing - single narrow opening

• 28-06-2020 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I need to replace the window in the bathroom of our old cottage. I've replaced all the other windows and this is one has been on the long finger for just too long.

What I have is a narrow 18 1/2 inch wide by 42 inch high opening in the middle of a 2ft think wall. The old wooden frame is cemented into the wall and from previous work I would guess the amount of the old frame in the wall varies from nothing to over an inch.

I know I can get a new wooden frame double glazed ready to replace it made up locally but experience tells me hacking all the surround to get the new one in is going to be a massive messy job.

What I am looking for is a simpler install where I don't have to hack out all the old cement - any ideas?

What I was hoping for was some form of very narrow framed upvc double glazed window that will fit in a traditional opening.

I also need an opening top section.

I'll ring around Monday morning to see what ideas I get but any suggestions welcome.

Advertisement