Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

All I'm confident of is that I like this round's song. After that, anything is possible, really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I thought my pick would be rock bottom last time round, so shows what I know :pac:

I've given up trying to delve into the insanity that is LeVar's mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Necro wrote: »
    I thought my pick would be rock bottom last time round, so shows what I know :pac:

This is what I like about LeVar, that he is open to many many styles. I thought I was like that, but not even remotely. I just prepared my opening statement for my Walrus and I realised that there are so many genres that I would put in the No list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Well I already knew Nice Weather For Ducks so you've failed as it is.

Yeah, but that was Necro's fault, he made me do it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »

Irish Aris wrote: »
    This is what I like about LeVar, that he is open to many many styles. I thought I was like that, but not even remotely. I just prepared my opening statement for my Walrus and I realised that there are so many genres that I would put in the No list.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well after last night's fiasco there's only one way I can go in the next round. Well technically I could drop one spot to last, but I'm confident of a decent mid-table placing for my next song.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well after last night's fiasco there's only one way I can go in the next round. Well technically I could drop one spot to last, but I'm confident of a decent mid-table placing for my next song.

Awww, it's kind of adorable that you're still confident about anything... :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Awww, it's kind of adorable that you're still confident about anything... :D

giphy.gif

Well mid-table barely qualifies as confident, but it'll probably be back to crashing and burning after this round.

giphy.gif

14th and getting 13 points is
    Necro

Def Leppard - When Love and Hate Collide

Lot of love for Def Leppard amongst boardsies apparently, as three of their songs make an appearance in this round. I actually really hated this to begin with and was expecting to be placing it dead last or at least very close to last place, but it wore me down and bounded up the table. The big question now is, did this fare better or worse than the other entries from the band.

• Advertisement

13th and getting 14 points is
    Trigger

blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

When a song opens with "F**k You" I'm instantly on board. Never heard of blackbear, but really liked this one. It's got a great beat throughout and wasn't long before I was singing along with the chorus. Originally had it up a bit higher, but a few others crept up and knocked it back a few pegs.

15th and getting 12 points is
    the purple tin

Howlin' Wolf - Howlin' For My Darling

Great blues track. Howlin' Wolf has a fantastic voice. As I mentioned about previous blues tracks it's just a shame you can't capture the same atmosphere of a live blues session on a recording, because this would be amazing to hear at a gig or some sort of live setting.

In 12th place with 15 points is
    Clarabel

Imagine Dragons - Monster

I hadn't heard this Imagine Dragons song before, it but hooked me straight away. Reminded me a bit of the first time I heard Radioactive, which was my introduction to the band. I'd have this up there with some of my favourite Imagine Dragons songs anyway. Good choice.

In 16th place and getting 11 points is
    cj maxx

John Cougar Mellencamp - Hurts So Good

Really liked this. Classic '80s rock ballad. Hadn't heard it before but will be adding it to all my '80s playlists. Think the only Mellencamp song I was familiar with before was Jack and Diane, which I liked, but if there's more along these lines will be checking out some of his back catalogue for sure.

11th and getting 16 points is
    Sawduck

The Turtles - Happy Together

Always had a big soft spot for this song. The brass instruments just set it apart from a lot of other songs and when that chorus hits, you can't help but smile and sing along. They don't make 'em like this anymore. Really solid selection.

17th and getting 10 points is
    RasTa

The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun

I've always loved this one - shame it doesn't get as much love as some of the better known Beatles tracks, but its up there with the best of them. Some really great songs in this round and everything else just started passing it out unfortunately. Another Beatles song set to make an appearance in this round, will be interesting to see which of the two come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

jesus, how did i forget the beatles!! :eek:

In 10th place with 17 points is
    mustang shelly

Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight

I bought the single when it first came out and probably played this song on repeat constantly for the majority of that year; in fairness I was ten at the time and we all know what kids are like when they find a new favourite song (I'm sure my mother is thankful now that it wasn't something like Baby Shark). Look, it's lost a bit of it's appeal for me over the years, but still an absolutely cracking tune.

In 18th place with 9 points is
    JP Liz V1

The Beatles - Let It Be

Well we didn't have long to wait to find out how the second Beatles song would fare. Very little separated this and Happiness Is A Warm Gun and they exchanged places a few time, but in the end I favoured the lesser known of the two. Again there's a pretty high standard in this round that just kept seeing this get knocked further and further back.

9th and getting 18 points is
    tusk

Eagles - Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

Eagles are a bit of a weird one for me, as I like some of their stuff, but really am not a fan of their two (arguably) biggest hits Hotel California and Desperado, so when I saw this was a Desperado reprise I didn't hold out a lot of hope for it, but thankfully this leant more on the Doolin-Dalton side of things which is a great song, and the reprise of it is even better. I even enjoyed the Desperado bit at the end.

I rated the shorter album version of the song as was requested, but couldn't find that one on YouTube, so here's the Spotify link... https://open.spotify.com/track/638iJpRuFfnFX4obHAfMhI

• Advertisement

19th and getting 8 points is
    quickbeam

T. Rex - Ballrooms Of Mars

Enjoyed this one. Nice easy listening. Didn't necessarily blow me away at first, but was always happy to hear it every time it came on. A solid entry, it just got slightly overshadowed by some of the rest unfortunately.

8th and getting 19 points is
    Kolido

Def Leppard - Love Bites

Just as with When Love and Hate Collide, initially I wasn't particularly fond of this one and had also expected it to be toward the bottom half of the table, but once again Def Leppard wore me down and pounced their way up the list, in this case a good bit higher up. An epic '80s power ballad, really love it now.

In 20th place with 7 points is
    Electric Nitwit

Guillemots - Trains To Brazil

Decent tune. I liked it well enough, just didn't do enough for me to forge ahead of the rest of the pack, but certainly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jesus, how did i forget the beatles!! :eek:

I thought they might be too obvious ha, so went with blackbear.

Actually love the beat to hot girl bummer, proper sing along tune so happy with where it placed. :D

In 7th place with 20 points is
    lassykk

Def Leppard - Photograph

Like the other two Def Leppard songs that made an appearance, I wasn't mad about this on the first listen, but it grew on me more and more every time. Wasn't much in it between this and Love Bites, but the chorus for Photograph just cinches it for me slightly.

21st and getting 6 points is
    beakerjoe

Pitbull feat. NeYo, Nayer, & Afrojack - Give Me Everything

I hated this at first and it sat in last place for the first few listens of the entire playlist, but it grew on me and hopped up a few spots when I realised I was humming it to myself while washing the dishes the other night. As far as Pitbull songs go, Timber would've done pretty well in this round.

In 6th place with 21 points is
    Gru

Arctic Monkey - Teddy Picker

I've always quite liked the Arctic Monkeys and had heard this song before, but had never really listened to it properly. It started off middle of the pack for this round but grew on me more and more upon repeated listens. Nice choice.

In 22nd place with 5 points is
    y0ssar1an22

Cat Stevens - Father and Son

Controversial opinion, but I much prefer the Boyzone version. It's a good song, but I don't feel the big emotional impact I'm probably supposed to feel when listening to the lyrics. I'm sure there are people who are close to their Dads that well up listening to this, but I have had nothing to do with mine since I was very young, so I just can't relate to it on that side of things. Nice melody though.

5th and getting 22 points is
    ShaneU

Fleet Foxes - Mykonos

It seemed somewhat familiar so I'd probably heard it once or twice before on the radio or something. Cracking tune altogether. I especially enjoy the last minute and a half of the song when it shifts gears. Great choice.

• Advertisement

In 23rd place with 4 points is
    fixXxer

Modest Mouse - The Stars are Projectors

Liked it, really really liked the chorus, but overall it was just a bit too long and repetitive to place it any higher than this for this round.

Advertisement