Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

on reflection, not the best choice. i was sucked in by it being fathers day. prob prefer wild world, and cats in the cradle.

I think it could've been a great choice for someone else's Walrus, it just didn't really appeal to me, but of course you weren't to know that, such is the point of Walrus.

Unfortunately we just haven't been on the same wavelength thus far, but there's still three rounds to go, so who knows what could happen with the rest of your choices.

lassykk wrote: »
    Eagle eye cherry was my second choice so glad I went with photograph as it landed a bit higher. After my disastrous first round I ain't winning this but shouldn't finish bottom either!

Actually it could still go either way (I think anyway, like I said maths ain't my strong point and I haven't inputted the scores to excel for the last three rounds), as there's three rounds to go with top points of 26 in each round, so anyone could potentially get as high as 78 points if they got three firsts, and on the other side, if you get three dead lasts, you'll only get 3 points, so its not won or lost yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

That was a great round!.

Def Leppard party!

The reprise is one of my very favorite eagles songs. It's a hidden treasure that for me is better than the sum of its parts.

Glad you liked it <3

tusk wrote: »
    That was a great round!.

Def Leppard party!

The reprise is one of my very favorite eagles songs. It's a hidden treasure that for me is better than the sum of its parts.

Glad you liked it <3

Yeah, really wasn't expecting to like it based on the fact I don't care for Desperado, so it was a pleasant surprise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I love Desperado :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Thought of this song after seeing the other Modest Mouse entry, it's much better :p

As Ronan Keating himself would say, "you shay it besht, when you shay nothing at all!" ;)

:) Ro speak

ShaneU wrote: »
    Thought of this song after seeing the other Modest Mouse entry, it's much better :p

Yeah, that's one I'm very familiar with and would've done very well in this round (in the Top 10 most likely), but don't tell fixXxer that or he'll be very very angry.

giphy.gif

quickbeam wrote: »
    I love Desperado :(

The beer is perfectly drinkable, just the song I have a problem with

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ShaneU wrote: »

I fcucking love this song :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The beer is perfectly drinkable

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4815941

It is, without a doubt, the worst liquid masquerading as beer that has ever passed my lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

fixXxer wrote: »
    One day we'll get a real musical appreciation walrus instead of this lowest common denominator stuff.

tumblr_mexllzCwB81rzh4s2o3_250.gif

Just catching up, I'm with fixXxer here :o

blackbear, Modest Mouse and particularly I Break Horses were interesting, otherwise it was a bit "Rolling Back The Years" for me

Also, surely you get disqualified if you can't even spell your animal! Who are these Beetles and Leopards you speak of? :p

blackbear, Modest Mouse and particularly I Break Horses were interesting, otherwise it was a bit "Rolling Back The Years" for me

Also, surely you get disqualified of you can't even spell your animal! Who are these Beetles and Leopards you speak of? :p

And Monkeys.

quickbeam wrote: »
    And Monkeys.
    Ha ha, of course, how did I miss them? :pac:

7KV2wR.gif

Also, surely you get disqualified if you can't even spell your animal! Who are these Beetles and Leopards you speak of? :p

You'll be more likely to get disqualified just for being a pain in the ass if you don't stop whinging. ;)

Always the people who've yet to host a Walrus of their own who do the most giving out about what other people have entered. :rolleyes:

Give out about how your own song did all you want or compliment the choices of others by all means, but its hard enough for people having their song choices critiqued by the host, without every tweedleedum, tweedledee, and tweedleharry piling on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You'll be more likely to get disqualified just for being a pain in the ass if you don't stop whinging. ;)

Always the people who've yet to host a Walrus of their own who do the most giving out about what other people have entered. :rolleyes:

Give out about how your own song did all you want or compliment the choices of others by all means, but its hard enough for people having their song choices critiqued by the host, without every tweedleedum, tweedledee, and tweedleharry piling on as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=5518154

Ah now. I would never, ever criticise another person's choice. One generic comment covering 23 songs, caveated with "a bit" and "for me", and a joke about spelling is hardly a pile on, is it?

But I apologise. I would never mean to be negative or antagonistic. Forum Games is all about friendly fun for me and I'm sorry for not being in that spirit, it was not intentional

Ah now. I would never, ever criticise another person's choice. One generic comment covering 23 songs, caveated with "a bit" and "for me", and a joke about spelling is hardly a pile on, is it?

But I apologise. I would never mean to be negative or antagonistic. Forum Games is all about friendly fun for me and I'm sorry for not being in that spirit, it was not intentional

I didn't mean for my own comment to come across as finger waggingly scolding as it did either. Combination of comments from multiple people over the last few days have read a bit to me like people have been dissing the majority because they're too mainstream or not "real music", and your comment simply happened to be the straw that broke the camels back so to speak, despite me knowing it wasn't meant to be mean-spirited, so I do apologise for attacking your post.

I don't want to discourage banter either, but I also don't want people to feel like sh*t because they put forward a song they liked, ya know? We do it in tournaments all the time when we're voting in head-to-heads, I just think that Walrus' entries are much more personal to people, and that the idea is that just the one person is critiquing them as they were selected with the intention of impressing whoever is hosting, not trying to appease absolutely everyone.

I just want a world where we're all sound to each other, is that too much to ask for? :)

giphy.gif

de1dd90054e9e83f74952ef2b40959a5.gif35c2cddc5b910721dfb92000e3c8ac37.gif

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I live for the gifs!!!!!

• Advertisement

I just want a world where we're all sound to each other, is that too much to ask for? :)
    44339-Go-To-Hell.gif

(by which, of course, I mean "are we getting the heaven and hell round tonight?" :p)

44339-Go-To-Hell.gif

(by which, of course, I mean "are we getting the heaven and hell round tonight?" :p)

Yeah, will let you know exactly what time later this afternoon - off to family lunch with the grandparents, so depending on how long that drags on will determine the reveal time. ;)

Should be good to kick off today's reveal All Things Heaven and Earth at about 7pm (give or take a few minutes)

There was one song submitted by two people in this round, so there will be 25 placings rather than the usual 26, however top spot still gets 26 points and last place still gets 1 point, as the points are based on the amount of people above you in the rankings rather than the placement itself. So for example if the duo who went for the same song are in 10th place they both get 17 points, while next in line below them in 11th place would get 15 points. It's only a minor detail, but just in case someone thinks something seems off with the numbers during the reveal, that's most likely the reason... :)

No bonus points, as no one went for any of my pre-selected songs, but here they are anyway to hopefully whet the appetites and build some excitement for the reveal.

Foo Fighters - The Sky Is A Neighborhood

The Exies - My Goddess

Raury - God's Whisper

Three Days Grace - Fallen Angel

Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side Of Heaven

Should be good to kick off today's reveal All Things Heaven and Earth at about 7pm
    You want to be finished in time for Liverpool’s guard of honour at City, don't you :p

Are we allowed to play the guessing game again?

My first thought was Marilyn Manson, and I'll be a little gutted if we don't see this...

Also, after the talk, I'll be very disappointed if no one went for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

has anyone gotten one of your 5 shortlisted?

has anyone gotten one of your 5 shortlisted?

Not for these first five rounds anyway, after that I wouldn't like to give anything away at this moment in time... ;)

giphy.gif

You want to be finished in time for Liverpool’s guard of honour at City, don't you :p

giphy.gif

What time is this godforsaken sportsball thing at? I can start slightly earlier if people don't want me to be clashing with it?
    Are we allowed to play the guessing game again?

You can guess if you like, but that doesn't mean I'll confirm... ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Kick off is 8.15pm

I'm not at all hopeful for this one.

Not that I really was for any of the others. But I'm *really* not hopeful for this one.

Best I can say is that it's unlikely my submission is the one that was submitted by someone else.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Kick off is 8.15pm

Ah yeah, we'll be done by 8 if I start at 7ish. Cheers.

Advertisement