Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'm not at all hopeful for this one.

Not that I really was for any of the others. But I'm *really* not hopeful for this one.

Best I can say is that it's unlikely my submission is the one that was submitted by someone else.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Haven't a clue where I went for this one... It could be bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You can guess if you like, but that doesn't mean I'll confirm... ;)

Ah, but you denied last time...

28520886.gif

tusk wrote: »
    Haven't a clue where I went for this one... It could be bad...

giphy.gif

Ah, but you denied last time...

That literally means nothing when you're dealing with me... :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Gods Whisper is such a good song, ages since I've listened to it. I remember it being one of the very few bright points of the movie Lucy

phatkev wrote: »
    Gods Whisper is such a good song, ages since I've listened to it. I remember it being one of the very few bright points of the movie Lucy

It was originally one I had in mind for one of my #BlackCultureMatters spots, but I had 5 other songs there that I really liked too, so since God's Whisper was also a good fit for this round it made sense to have it as one of my choices here instead. It's a fantastic song.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

It was originally one I had in mind for one of my #BlackCultureMatters spots, but I had 5 other songs there that I really liked too, so since God's Whisper was also a good fit for this round it made sense to have it as one of my choices here instead. It's a fantastic song.

when i saw the categories and was brainstorming, i was convinced (still am) that there is at least one song that would fulfill all criteria.

i'm gonna have a think about that now :P

when i saw the categories and was brainstorming, i was convinced (still am) that there is at least one song that would fulfill all criteria.

I always have this idea too, or think of songs that match two categories in a row. I always give up though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Probably not 'have you ever seen the rain'

• Advertisement

I'm definitely a fan of songs that can fit in to a number of categories, but if there is a song that fits in to all 7 categories here, I'm unaware of it - it's a tall order to fill. If anyone can come up with a song that fits the criteria for all 7 before 1pm on Saturday I may hand out a bonus point.

Kolido wrote: »
    Probably not 'have you ever seen the rain'

On the other hand if someone mentions this song again, I may have to start docking points from people... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm definitely a fan of songs that can fit in to a number of categories, but if there is a song that fits in to all 7 categories here, I'm unaware of it - it's a tall order to fill. If anyone can come up with a song that fits the criteria for all 7 before 1pm on Saturday I may hand out a bonus point.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I have no idea where I'll finish but I have a strong feeling that I picked the track that's been submitted twice. It seemed like an obvious choice.

I always have this idea too, or think of songs that match two categories in a row. I always give up though :p

white snake

ETA: thats only for 2 (maybe 4) that i can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

One song that I think fits 3 categories here is Terence Trent D'Arby's Rain

I'm up to five...

Snoop Dogg, Down 4 My N's

Black artist, animal name, number in the title, released 1999, includes the line "So when **** get thick and foggy" :p

Bonus Point Challenge

So if anyone missed it earlier, I've thrown down the gauntlet. Anyone who can come up with one song that fits the criteria (to my satisfaction) for all 7 categories by 1pm on Saturday will receive a bonus point

So the song must have a number in it's title, it must be by a black artist, it must be about the weather or make reference to the weather in its title, it must be from an artist with an animal in their name, it must be about Heaven/Hell/etc, it must have been released in the Year of the Rabbit, and is if that weren't complicated enough, it also must have been a TV Theme Song, if such a song even exists...

Answers on a Postcard please!

giphy.gif

13th and getting 13 points is
    beakerjoe

Massive Attack - Angel

Found this a bit boring on the first listen and expected it to be right down near the bottom. Slowly but surely though it wore me down and now I really really like it. Wouldn't have known much Massive Attack prior to this bar one or two, but gonna check out some more of their catalogue on the back of this.

• Advertisement

In 14th place with 12 points is
    quickbeam

Neil Young - Sleeps With Angels

As you can guess by my reaction to Like A Hurricane, I'm not the biggest Neil Young fan, and was not expecting to enjoy this one either, but its really good. Maybe Neil Young is more bearable than I initially thought, or perhaps this is merely the exception to the rule. Either way, enjoyed it a lot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That’ll do.

In 12th place with 14 points is
    Electric Nitwit

The Gutter Twins - The Stations

Really enjoyed this one, it was one that was initially up right near the top, but fell down the table as other songs grew on me more and more, and it speaks to the high standard of this round that it slipped so far down the list despite being one of my early favourites.

I'm up to five...

Snoop Dogg, Down 4 My N's

Black artist, animal name, number in the title, released 1999, includes the line "So when **** get thick and foggy" :p

ive been wracking my brain, and reached out to the computer forum for help with excel lists; so i can easily sort.

the turtles with you don't have to walk in the rain fulfills 4 i think.

i also think the tv aspect may have to be sacrificed. here's the bands/artists featuring an animal that have a song in a tv show (according to 1st google link):

Save Tonight  Eye Cherry
    Desperado  Eagles
    Hotel California  Eagles
    Believer  Imagine Dragons
    I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing  Pet Shop Boys
    Alone On Christmas Day  Phoenix
    Lasso  Phoenix
    Rock You Like A Hurricane  Scorpions
    A Change Would Do You Good  Sheryl Crow
    My Boyfriend's Back  The Angels
    We Gotta Get Out Of This Place  The Animals
    Blackbird  The Beatles
    Happy Together  The Turtles
    Time Of The Season  The Zombies
    Here I Go Again  Whitesnake

https://www.songfacts.com/category/songs-used-in-tv-shows

15th and getting 11 points is
    Trigger

Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Live Acoustic)

Got a bit sick of this song many years ago, as I had heard it so much, so it had been quite a while since I had listened to it, and I've definitely come back around to being a fan again. You can feel the pain in Clapton's voice and if I was ranking these based on the heartbreaking stories behind them, this would be right up the top, but this isn't the X-Factor, and I just enjoyed the songs above it that bit more. Solid choice though.

13th and getting 13 points is
    beakerjoe

Massive Attack - Angel
    Always makes me think of the Adidas World Cup '98 advert :)
    Cracking song and album, but then I'm a massive Massive Attack fan

In 12th place with 14 points is
    Electric Nitwit

The Gutter Twins - The Stations

Really enjoyed this one, it was one that was initially up right near the top, but fell down the table as other songs grew on me more and more, and it speaks to the high standard of this round that it slipped so far down the list despite being one of my early favourites.

Booooo!! :p

Ah well, at least you liked it. Second time I've gone with The Gutter Twins and they've gone down well both times :)

11th and getting 15 points is
    tusk

Skrillex & Wolfgang Gartner - The Devil's Den

I've not been exposed to a huge amount of dubstep, but I had heard Skrillex once or twice before. Thought this was class, and was one of the bigger surprises of the round, didn't think it would be up so high on the list when I first saw the name, but really enjoyed it.

im already worried. shudda stuck with stairway to heaven - but i think my selection was more fitting :P

ill be happy with double digits though!

• Advertisement

15th and getting 11 points is
    Trigger

Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Live Acoustic)

Got a bit sick of this song many years ago, as I had heard it so much, so it had been quite a while since I had listened to it, and I've definitely come back around to being a fan again. You can feel the pain in Clapton's voice and if I was ranking these based on the heartbreaking stories behind them, this would be right up the top, but this isn't the X-Factor, and I just enjoyed the songs above it that bit more. Solid choice though.

great choice trigger, love old slow hand!

Advertisement