Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

16th and getting 10 points is
    Deleted User

Marilyn Manson - The Devil Beneath My Feet

Really liked this one. I've always enjoyed Marilyn Manson, the persona and everything else aside, I think he's got a really great voice. Good choice, just a tough round overall, standard-wise.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

im already worried. shudda stuck with stairway to heaven - but i think my selection was more fitting :P

ill be happy with double digits though!

This was my second choice for this round :pac:

im already worried. shudda stuck with stairway to heaven - but i think my selection was more fitting :P

ill be happy with double digits though!

I'm fairly indifferent to Stairway To Heaven... Would've been down towards the bottom in this round. Now the big question is, will the song you actually went for fare better? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

16th and getting 10 points is
    Deleted User

Marilyn Manson - The Devil Beneath My Feet

Delighted to see Manson, even if I guessed the wrong song!

In 10th place with 16 points is
    y0ssar1an22

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper

It's impossible not to rate this song highly, instantly recognisable and so iconic, and I imagine there's very few people who don't enjoy this one. Great verses, epic chorus, and love the instrumental solo in the middle too. Big fan, just hard to place it much higher with the competition it had in this round.

You can breathe now, we've finally aligned somewhat... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Bonus Point Challenge

So if anyone missed it earlier, I've thrown down the gauntlet. Anyone who can come up with one song that fits the criteria (to my satisfaction) for all 7 categories by 1pm on Saturday will receive a bonus point

So the song must have a number in it's title, it must be by a black artist, it must be about the weather or make reference to the weather in its title, it must be from an artist with an animal in their name, it must be about Heaven/Hell/etc, it must have been released in the Year of the Rabbit, and is if that weren't complicated enough, it also must have been a TV Theme Song, if such a song even exists...

Answers on a Postcard please!

Effort of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I'm fairly indifferent to Stairway To Heaven... Would've been down towards the bottom in this round. Now the big question is, will the song you actually went for fare better? :pac:

this live version is so good. just love the song!

17th and getting 9 points is
    lassykk

Hinder - Lips Of An Angel

I've always liked Hinder, even though I only know a handful of their songs, and I've always liked this one. Wasn't quite on the same level as the songs that ranked above it, but still a very good track.

In 10th place with 16 points is
    y0ssar1an22

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper

It's impossible not to rate this song highly, instantly recognisable and so iconic, and I imagine there's very few people who don't enjoy this one. Great verses, epic chorus, and love the instrumental solo in the middle too. Big fan, just hard to place it much higher with the competition it had in this round.

You can breathe now, we've finally aligned somewhat... :D

i'll greedily gobble up those 16 points! :p just needs more cowbell!

9th and getting 17 points is
    Sawduck

Chris Rea - The Road To Hell

This one was an unexpected favourite. Didn't think I'd care too much for a Chris Rea song, but that's probably because I only know Driving Home For Christmas, and thought all of his songs were on a similar level of "it's fine I suppose", but really loved this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

11th and getting 15 points is
    tusk

Skrillex & Wolfgang Gartner - The Devil's Den

I've not been exposed to a huge amount of dubstep, but I had heard Skrillex once or twice before. Thought this was class, and was one of the bigger surprises of the round, didn't think it would be up so high on the list when I first saw the name, but really enjoyed it.

I'll take that. Sometimes (read: most times) I'm just lazy and pick the first thing that I see on Spotify

In 18th place with 8 points is
    ShaneU

Arcade Fire - Intervention

Never cared much for Arcade Fire, but I do like this one. Big fan of the Organs and the backing vocals in the second half of the song, although just not crazy about Win Butler's voice in general, otherwise it may have been up a little bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Some superb selections so far in this round!!!

8th and getting 18 points is
    mustang shelly

In This Moment - Half God Half Devil

Had heard one or two songs from In This Moment before and really liked them. This one didn't disappoint either. Really like Maria Brink's voice, always a fan of really good female rock vocalists. Made a note to check out more of their stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nice pick Sawduck!

19th and getting 7 points is
    osh

Gil Scott-Heron - Me And The Devil

Really liked the outro on this which brought it up a few spots, but while the main song itself was fairly solid I wasn't as blown away by it as I was with a lot of the other entries in the round.

Some superb selections so far in this round!!!

its my fave so far. will create a playlist. well done all!

with the exception of skrillex, sorry tusk!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah. Dubstep.

tenor.gif

In 7th place and getting 19 points is
    Gru

Kiernan Shipka & Lovecraft - Straight To Hell

This one was a pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting much from it when I saw it, as I wasn't sure if Kiernan Shipka would have a decent voice since I only knew her as an actor, but thought it was great. I only saw the first season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, is there a lot of singing going on in it these days or was this just for the promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

19th and getting 7 points is
    osh

Gil Scott-Heron - Me And The Devil

Black artist with an animal name though :p

• Advertisement

In 20th place with 6 points is Reberetta

Smashing Pumpkins - If There Is A God

Hadn't heard this one before. Really nice song, loved the piano, just wish there was a bit more to it, was kind of waiting for it to double down and kick up a notch, with lots of guitar like you'd expect from the Pumpkins. Felt it kind of just ended, but was expecting more to come.

6th and getting 20 points is
    cj maxx

AC/DC - Highway To Hell

The two songs I very much expected to see appear here were Stairway To Heaven and Highway To Hell, and luckily no one chose the former, because I wouldn't be as big a fan as everyone else is. Highway To Hell on the other hand is absolute class, I want this song played at my funeral, because nothing livens up a funeral like a bit of Acca Dacca.

21st and getting 5 points is
    phatkev

Tool - 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)

I really liked this one, but it's length worked against it slightly. I just found 11 minutes of it to be a bit too much, and it fell back a couple of spots as a result. Unlike the Smashing Pumpkins song where I would've liked a bit more, I would've preferred had this been scaled back just a bit in terms of length.

In 20th place with 6 points is Reberetta

Smashing Pumpkins - If There Is A God

Hadn't heard this one before. Really nice song, loved the piano, just wish there was a bit more to it, was kind of waiting for it to double down and kick up a notch, with lots of guitar like you'd expect from the Pumpkins. Felt it kind of just ended, but was expecting more to come.

i just dont like billy corgan

In 5th place and getting 22 points each are
    JP Liz V1
    &
    Kolido

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth

Love this song, because what's not to love about it? Absolute classic. Our first duplicate of the Walrus, I thought this might make an appearance here alright, and it's not the last time we'll hear it in the comp either as it also shows up in Year of the Rabbit, but should be interesting to see if it will fare as well there against different competition.

Oh God... you're gonna stall for a few mins for suspense now aren't you

200.gif

22nd and getting 4 points is
    Rothko

The Cure - Just Like Heaven

I've never understood the absolute adoration The Cure get here on boards. I think they've got a couple of decent songs, and don't dislike them, but I simply don't have them on the same pedestal that others seems to. From what I remember from the PM's, you weren't the only one who considered this song for this round. I do like Just Like Heaven, but not enough to have it any higher than this on this particular occasion.

In 4th place with 23 points is
    Necro

Face To Face - The Devil You Know (God Is A Man)

Always been a big fan of this song. It's on the Buffy The Vampire Slayer OST, which I have on CD and listened to constantly back in the day - some cracking songs on it, but this one was always my favourite. I had initially had it as one of my five pre-chosen songs for the category, but swapped it out before making my final choice (in favour of God's Whisper which surplus from the #BlackCultureMatters round as I mentioned earlier). Would've been a nice bonus point in it for you Necro, had I stuck with it. Oh well. :pac:

Brief pause now before I get to the Top and Bottom 3.

Still awaiting their fate are (alphabetically as usual)... Clarabel, fixXxer, Irish Aris, RasTa, the purple tin, and Zaph

• Advertisement

loving the great rock tunes in this round!

Advertisement