Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Joined in 6th place and getting 21 points each are
    fixXxer
    and
    Sawduck

Jason Paige - Gotta Catch 'Em All ; Pokémon

I Wanna Be The Very Best! Was really hoping someone would enter this one, and obviously two of you were picking up on my thoughts. Not much needs saying about it, it's simply epic and great fun to sing during a sing-a-long.

What you want there is a bit of 'changes'... Now there's a choon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzwHs9PhJwY

One of my favourite childhood albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No one picked Police Squad..... Im saddened

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 5th place with 22 points is
    Gru

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive ; Deadliest Catch

Amazing choice. By far my favourite Bon Jovi song and I had forgotten was the theme song to Deadliest Catch. Vaguely remember watching an episode a couple of years ago, but not very familiar with the show. It was a nice surprise for this round for sure.

In 5th place with 22 points is
    Gru

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive ; Deadliest Catch

Amazing choice. By far my favourite Bon Jovi song and I had forgotten was the theme song to Deadliest Catch. Vaguely remember watching an episode a couple of years ago, but not very familiar with the show. It was a nice surprise for this round for sure.

Love the track, a great karaoke number of mine, though had no idea it was used as a theme song.

• Advertisement

21st and getting 4 points is
    RasTa

The Blind Boys Of Alabama - Way Down In The Hole ; The Wire (Season 1)

After the Tom Waits version, this would be my favourite of the other Wire theme songs, but as I said about that one, it was really hard to rank this round and they both got a bit lost against some excellent competition unfortunately.

In 4th place with 23 points is
    Necro

Nerf Herder ; Buffy The Vampire Slayer Theme ; Buffy The Vampire Slayer

I'm a big Buffy fan in general and this theme song is the anthem of my fellow Buffyverse nerds. Lots of guitar, lots of energy, and it gears you up for lots of kick-assery and vampire slaying. Fantastic choice.

20th and getting 5 points is
    phatkev

Tom Waits - Way Down In The Hole ; The Wire (Season 2)

This version was released in 1987, Year of the Rabbit.
    A Tom is a male cat.
    Allowing for Roman numerals, the numbers I and L are in the title.
    Jesus and the devil are both mentioned in the lyrics, as is thunder.
    Now I just gotta find some black ancestry for Mr Waits and I'll be claiming my bonus point. ;)

Which means the Top 3 and Bottom 3 here in the final round are (alphabetically)... beakerjoe, Clarabel, Kolido, quickbeam, the purple tin, and tusk

this is bad. this is very bad

• Advertisement

This version was released in 1987, Year of the Rabbit.
    A Tom is a male cat.
    Allowing for Roman numerals, the numbers I and L are in the title.
    Jesus and the devil are both mentioned in the lyrics, as is thunder.
    Now I just gotta find some black ancestry for Mr Waits and I'll be claiming my bonus point. ;)

The deadline for that was 1pm, and while I may allow the other things, I and L being used as roman numerals is far too far a stretch.

giphy.gif

22nd and getting 3 points is
    beakerjoe

Inner Circle - Bad Boys ; Cops

It's an enjoyable song, but up against the standard in this round it just didn't have much of an impact and failed to leave much of an impression at all on me sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I never got to the last six

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Another forgotten tune. Nice choice. Surprised Liz didnt pick it, id imagine its right up her alley.

I forgot completely about Smallville when getting my picks together for tv theme tunes

In 3rd place with 24 points is
    Kolido

Jimi Jamison - I'm Always Here ; Baywatch

Not just one of my favourite theme songs, it's genuinely one of my favourite songs. I entered this recently for Green&Red's Walrus, so shouldn't surprise anyone who was paying close attention to that reveal, that I'm a fan of the song. Baywatch, Lois & Clark, Gladiators, and Blind Date were Saturday Night TV for me back in the day, so lots of fond memories associated with this one.

The deadline for that was 1pm, and while I may allow the other things, I and L being used as roman numerals is far too far a stretch.

Ah but did you specify which timezone?

Because it's not yet 1pm in America, the home of Liberty Bald Eagle Waits; the first black man to prove that Roman numerals should be valid, who was also great-great-great grandfather to Tom. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Love the track, a great karaoke number of mine, though had no idea it was used as a theme song.

Me either, is it also from Young Guns?

In 23d place with 2 points is
    the purple tin

The Mar-Keys - Last Night ; Bottom

Don't think I've ever seen Bottom but I had heard the theme song once or twice over the years. I liked it, and it was nice to have something a bit quirky, but ultimately was just a bit too repetitive and didn't stand out against the competition.

I punched way above my weight in this comp, happy with my finish.

Oh no

• Advertisement

Don't think I've ever seen Bottom
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: funniest show ever!

Ah but did you specify which timezone?

Because it's not yet 1pm in America, the home of Liberty Bald Eagle Waits; the first black man to prove that Roman numerals should be valid, who was also great-great-great grandfather to Tom. :cool:

giphy.gif

I really should have actually tried here :(

2nd and getting 25 points is
    Clarabel

Agnes Obel - Familiar ; Cardinal

I've never heard of Cardinal, but I'm very familiar with Familiar. They used it in an episode of the first season of Dark, which had a pretty epic soundtrack as it was, but this song stood out as being especially brilliant. It's a really beautiful song which I never expected to show up in this round. I'm likely to watch Cardinal purely based on the assumption it must be a great show if this is its theme song.

giphy.gif

I'm just going to interpret that gif as the number of bonus points I'll be getting. :p

If you watch Bottom, I'll watch Dark.

In 24th place and getting 1 point is
    tusk

W. G. Snuffy Walden - The West Wing Theme ; The West Wing

The West Wing was a great show, but to be honest I was never overly impressed by the theme song. Maybe it's because I associate it with the patriotism of 'Murica due to the US flag flowing in the opening credits, and I'm not a patriotic American. It's grand, just not at the same standard as the rest of this round for me. Sorry.

ShaneU wrote: »
    If you watch Bottom, I'll watch Dark.

Done

Top of the pack here in 1st place and getting 26 points is
    quickbeam

Eagles - Journey Of The Sorcerer ; The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

I never knew this was an Eagles song. I'm a big Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy fan and always loved the theme song, but had never looked up the full version. An absolutely epic piece of music. Nothing came close to knocking this off the top spot. Great pick. It was actually my favourite song of the entire Walrus.

• Advertisement

In 24th place and getting 1 point is
    tusk

W. G. Snuffy Walden - The West Wing Theme ; The West Wing

The West Wing was a great show, but to be honest I was never overly impressed by the theme song. Maybe it's because I associate it with the patriotism of 'Murica due to the US flag flowing in the opening credits, and I'm not a patriotic American. It's grand, just not at the same standard as the rest of this round for me. Sorry.

I basically searched for theme songs in Spotify and spotted this one instantly. Had great memories of binge watching it a few years back and as soon as I heard it it gave me chills so said ah go on. :pac:

Advertisement