Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Unless of course it's a bluff... ;)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gru wrote: »
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Zaph wrote: »
    Or maybe both yours and LeVar's does... :pac:

The most logical explanation is usually the right one.

Looks Like Rain, Ted! reveal will be going ahead at 8pm

Here are the five songs I had pre-selected, and once again no one chose any of them, so no bonus points...

The Corrs - Summer Sunshine

Jars of Clay - Flood

Hal - Worry About The Wind

The Shires - Ahead of the Storm

The Prodigy - Thunder

Apologies in advance to the bottom 4 in this round. Genuinely felt bad about ranking people lowly in every round, and I still feel bad about doing it in this round even though I really actually want to give the songs you chose negative points on account of how much I hate them, but please remember I'm attacking the song, not the submitter, and ultimately its all in the spirit of good fun.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I "forgive" you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I was going to enter this, but i knew Necro and Baba-Necro would be relying on me submitting what I did! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I was going to enter this, but i knew Necro and Baba-Necro would be relying on me submitting what I did!

Oh EN :pac:

I'm intrigued as to how LeVar rates it now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

nowt from your selected 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I predict that Travis Why Does It Rain on Me and Garth Brooks When The Thunder Rolls making an appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Apologies in advance to the bottom 4 in this round. Genuinely felt bad about ranking people lowly in every round, and I still feel bad about doing it in this round even though I really actually want to give the songs you chose negative points on account of how much I hate them, but please remember I'm attacking the song, not the submitter, and ultimately its all in the spirit of good fun.

giphy.gif

Sure enough I know how you feel, i wanted to put a song below a no entry in my last round :pac:

Also in before:
    *insert Trigger walrus joke here*

I predict that Travis Why Does It Rain on Me and Garth Brooks When The Thunder Rolls making an appearance.

You'd make a terrible fortune teller so.... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I was thinking AC/DC Thunderstruck is a cert :D

I am slightly concerned here, I think the song itself is good but the singer's voice is a bit unusual (possibly even a little grating) and that might push it down.....

.....then again, LeVar likes Joanna Newsom so I'm hoping I'll be safe on the "weird/unpleasant voice" front! :p

Although even if I come dead last in this round and the song is absolutely trashed, I'll still be grumpier over the grossly disrespectful lack of appreciation shown to Superfly in the last round. :mad:

Necro wrote: »

So was I, but nope... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Why does it always rain on me?
    Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?

That's up there with some of the worst lines ever written!

I don't know if it ever occurred to him that it would rain on him substantially less if he lived somewhere other than Scotland.

Although even if I come dead last in this round and the song is absolutely trashed, I'll still be grumpier over the grossly disrespectful lack of appreciation shown to Superfly in the last round. :mad:

giphy.gif

Say LeVar, do you like books?

pressure.gif?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C302&ssl=1

Trigger wrote: »

Of course I like books. Especially fiction, like I mostly read fiction, can't beat a bit of fiction, especially the classics... Songs about books now, that'd probably be a different story...

Do you feel better after that spot of fishing?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Purple Rain has to be in here

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Purple Rain has to be in here

It was in the last round... I probably would've mentioned if it were to make a reappearance.

Trigger wrote: »

Oooh, there's an idea - Book Walrus!

20 players each submit 5 books for 5 different categories, and we all come back 10 years later for the Reveal thread. :cool:

20 players each submit 5 books for 5 different categories, and we all come back 10 years later for the Reveal thread.

Sort of like a certain Movie Walrus eh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

How on earth did I not think of nominating that!!!!

Was tempted to go with East 17d Thunder..... ah to be 11 again and think Brian Harvey was a musical god.

Of course I like books. Especially fiction, like I mostly read fiction, can't beat a bit of fiction, especially the classics... Songs about books now, that'd probably be a different story...

Do you feel better after that spot of fishing?

giphy.gif

Somebody hold me!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will It's Raining Men make an appearance :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Mgy2mhQ.png

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »