Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Thunder is an absolute Choon!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was thinking of submitting Summertime Clothes by Animal Collective but there's a high probability of it joining the 4 songs at the bottom of the list so I chickened out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ShaneU wrote: »
    Was thinking of submitting Summertime Clothes by Animal Collective but there's a high probability of it joining the 4 songs at the bottom of the list so I chickened out :D

Sound awfully confident you're not already in that bottom 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sound awfully confident you're not already in that bottom 4...

Now I'm not

200w.webp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

tusk wrote: »
    Thunder is an absolute Choon!

The East 17 song..... right.....RIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

ShaneU wrote: »

It is one of their more accessible songs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm loving Lady Gaga's new tune Rain on Me, cheesy pop tastic so catchy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I actually thought of another one I should have entered. It's by an artist even less cool than the one I entered, but I love it a lot more. Probably just as well. It'd have killed me if LeVar hated it.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I actually thought of another one I should have entered. It's by an artist even less cool than the one I entered, but I love it a lot more. Probably just as well. It'd have killed me if LeVar hated it.

So you're saying it won't kill you if I hate the one you did enter... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You would wanna be careful or QB will ban you for trolling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

The first song that came to mind was Ms Streisand's Don't Rain On My Parade. I have been listening to it a lot lately and really like it, though I'm not a huge fan of hers in general.
    I thought though that it could be a bit of a risky choice so I looked for a couple of other choices and finally I went with a song from a band that I used to casually listen in the past but fell in love with ever since I saw them live couple of years ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

More than Round 2 - Less than Round 1.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Wooden spoon here I come!!!

14th and getting 13 points is
    beakerjoe

Kansas - Dust In The Wind

For many many years I always claimed Carry On My Wayward Son was my favourite Kansas song, but more recently I'd definitely be more likely to be championing Dust In The Wind. I was hoping someone might pick it for this category, really great choice, just unfortunate to come up against some other really strong entries here.

In 13th with 14 points is
    phatkev

Alice In Chains - Rain When I Die

Not too familiar with Alice In Chains, but I really liked this one, and will be checking out some more of their stuff. Solid choice in a very highly contested category.

In 15th with 12 points is
    Reberetta

Prince - 17 Days

Wasn't familiar with this Prince song, which probably isn't too surprising considering it was a B-Side that doesn't appear on any of the albums, as far as I know. Really liked it though, would rank it up there with the some of his more popular hits.

12th and getting 15 points is
    Kolido

Rihanna ft. Jay Z - Umbrella

I know there's some people around these parts that hate Rihanna, but I've always been a fan of her singles. Not enough to actually go and buy her album or anything, but if one of her songs come on the radio, I'm likely to turn up the volume. Umbrella would've been a massive hit while I was in college (ie. spending a lot of time in bars and clubs where this would've been a staple of a night out), so fond memories associated with this one for sure.

In 16th with 11 points is
    RasTa

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Heatwave

Having made an appearance in a few of the recent Forum Games tournaments, I've become really fond of this song. It's quite the earworm, and despite hearing it a lot recently, it's not one I feel I'll get tired of anytime soon.

• Advertisement

11th and getting 16 points is
    ShaneU

The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City

I had heard this a lot over the years, and always liked it, but don't think I ever gave it enough credit before. It's a really solid song and didn't expect to be ranking it so highly here when I first saw it was entered, but it grew on me a lot with each listen and I began to appreciate it a lot more.

17th and getting 10 points is
    osh

R.E.M. - So. Central Rain

I'm much more familiar with '90s R.E.M. than their earlier stuff. I'd heard this before but only in passing, and hadn't paid it much heed, so wouldn't have been one I listen to regularly, but it grew on me quite a bit, so will be adding it to my R.E.M. playlist for sure. Really liked it.

In 10th place with 17 points is
    Necro

B*Witched - Blame It On The Weatherman

I have a vague recollection of being out one night with some friends and somehow we ended up drinking with Edele from B*Witched and at the end of night when we left the bar it was raining, so we were all out on Grafton Street singing our little hearts out to this song. I don't remember if Edele was still with us for the big musical number, as I was very very drunk at the time, but I've always really loved this song as a result. Can take or leave the rest of their stuff, but this one's a classic. I was initially going to name this round Blame It On The Weatherman too, but didn't want to encourage or deter anyone from entering it, so went with Looks Like Rain Ted instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Wooden spoon here I come!!!

you're 3rd. a whopping 35 ahead of me :(

5 strong rounds wouldn't even have me in the top 3 chances are :p

18th and getting 9 points is
    Deleted User

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - The Sun Ain't Shining No More

Really nice summery vibe to this despite the fact the sun ain't shining no more. I liked it, but there were some really strong songs ahead of it that just kept knocking it further and further down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

you're 3rd. a whopping 35 ahead of me :(

I meant the wooden spoon of this round :p

I know a lot of people hate the artist I went for but I like their music.

its getting more and more likely i'll be in the 'dreaded 4'! and everyone else remaining i guess

5 strong rounds definitely would... ;)

5 strong rounds definitely would... ;)

dont be getting my hopes up!

• Advertisement

9th and getting 18 points is
    Gru

Imagine Dragons - Thunder

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Imagine Dragons, they have some great tracks in their repetoire. Dan Reynolds has a fantastic voice. I was hoping to see some Imagine Dragons in the Animal Instinct category, but had forgotten they also had a song that'd be suitable for this category.

Advertisement