Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair PSU's as Rare as Leprechauns...

Options
  • 28-06-2020 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Built my own PC a few months ago and had my Corsair TX550M PSU fail 2 weeks ago. Unsure of the root cause and if any other damage was done to the system but heard a buzzing sound from the PSU and then it would not turn back on.

Got a refund from Amazon with no issues but I had no idea there was such a shortage of PC components about the place. I am finding it impossible to source either a TX550M or TX650M for any bit of a reasonable price in Ireland, the UK or the rest of Europe. I'm open to other brands but looking to replace what I had pretty much like for like in the hope I just got a defective unit before.

Could anyone point me towards a possible lesser known but reputable site that might stock PSU's and have them in stock at the minute? It looks like none of the stores I've checked can give accurate new stocking dates either so I'm dead in the water for the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yeah you can thank ol' Covid-19, theres low inventory and more people doing self builds for the last few months.

If your willing to go non-modular you can get the Seasonic S12III 550 on Amazon, they have it in stock however delivery is around a week atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You could consider Kolink Enclave (600W / 700W) - reviewed ok on Kitguru.

Be quiet Pure Power 11 CM 600W is a very good option.

Or stepping down a bit, the EVGA BQ 650.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

You could consider Kolink Enclave (600W / 700W) - reviewed ok on Kitguru.

Be quiet Pure Power 11 CM 600W is a very good option.

Or stepping down a bit, the EVGA BQ 650.

Thanks! I ended up buying one of the Pure Power 11 600W units last night after a bit of searching. Paid a little more than the average price for it but will be glad to be up and running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Love it when I come on to a thread and K.O. Kiki has recommended the thing I bought a couple of days ago! Lovely feeling of reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah, shtap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Got a Kolink enclave 700w on the way. Am I mad to be considering a second hand RM1000i for the same money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I have an unopened Enclave 600W as my back-up PSU. Kolink make fairly decent budget supplies. Some of their really basic "core" models are the same price as utter crap like CIT but far more reliable.

Advertisement