Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used Model S vs Model 3 vs ID.3 vs eNiro etc.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

eagerv wrote: »
    Yep, my dealer in South East.
    Ok, weird but not surprising:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Haven't voted yet because I'm biased, as I have a eniro

I'd also put the price of it at least at 41k!

Couple of reasons
    Had a Kia to trade in, a Sportage automatic, was brutal on diesel, 45 mpg on a good day.
    Prefer the higher ride height, to a standard car but a bit lower that the Sportage and little bit smaller in all dimensions.

Another criteria that I had was that I wanted to be able to go to Belfast and back without needing to stop and charge. Approx 200 miles.the infrastructure in NI has been fairly stagnant for a while now.

All in all I could be eying up a model Y in 5 yrs!

Model S prob wouldn't fit in the garage, or it would be tight, as the discovery (2 I think it was) that we had was a tight fit,

Love the car. Although the Mrs drives it more than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

have to say i'm swayed here because i have a model 3, but i have driven almost all other electric cars before i bought the model 3 & most of them were fine for most of the day to day stuff but at nearly 40k kona / e niro / leaf 64 felt just too much to me, you would have a second hand model 3 SR+ imported for circa €41/42k from the UK, i did a ROS check a few weeks ago on a uk car from autotrader, and personally i think a 6-8 month old uk model 3 SR is miles ahead of the competition. i also had a deposit on an ID3 before i bought the Tesla and i'm glad now i didn't wait 18 months for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I was in the position in late May last year, where I was in a very fresh Ioniq and was looking around for a longer range car. I already had a deposit on the ID3, but details were a bit scarce. The Model 3 was within sight so was in contention. A used model S was in there too.

I went to a show where the E-Niro, E-Golf, E-Soul, BMW I3, Leaf and a few others were available to test drive, and buy.

I had no intention of buying at the show, but, having driven them all, ended up ordering the E-Niro there, for immediate delivery, costing €38,500 with a fantastic trade-in offer on the Ioniq.

I would love a Model S, but it's far too big. I don't think it would fit in my front gate, built for pony and trap traffic.

ID3 was tempting me to hold off buying the E-Niro, but the feeling at the time was that it would be a bit of a way off.

I had seen videos of the Model 3 and decided that I could live with the interior, but that rear end is truly ugly. Like Unkel, I wouldn't want a car with a boot either. Build quality and paint issues would put me off too, bearing in mind the money you have to part with to own one.

So, here I am, a year in the E-Niro and couldn't be happier with it. Doesn't mean I won't be hunting around in a couple of months for a 211 replacement. :D I wouldn't rule out another E-Niro either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    Yep, my dealer in South East.

Arran?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Interesting result to this hypothetical question.

40% Tesla Model 3 SR+
    30% ID.s 1st
    20% Tesla Model S
    10% eNiro/eSoul.

I'd actually concur with that, in order of preference.
    It's hard to ignore Tesla's supercharging network & CCS on the Model 3, a true all rounder capable of going anywhere in Europe without issue.
    Pity about the boot, looks & build quality issues.

ID.3 1st - great deal at €34k for that 58kWh capacity, good power/rear wheel drive & VW back up.

Used Model S, 5 or 6 years old - nice car but I'd be disappointed having a 141 plate on a €35k+ car. Warranty issues too & old tech.

eNiro/eSoul - I think their lead will slowly ebb away now as they had it all to themselves for the last year plus. There is finally some competition appearing.

......I might go back to a diesel........:p.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    It's not though, is it?

ID.3 is EUR34k brand new
    Cheapest Model 3 second hand in this country I can imaging is more like EUR44k

Had a quick dreamers look at M3 sr+ in the UK. Looking like somewhere a bit North of 41k all in for a 2019 model. Not bad when pegged against an eNiro at 41k. (Not like there's any second hand ones here)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Interesting hypothetical except this was pure reality for me this year.
    For a huge list of reasons I discounted all the options and left myself Model S hunting and guy/gals I have zero regrets, the car is not too big, what ye are really saying is too wide and I’ve had zero issues, old tech? Really, AP1 works perfect for me on autopilot and the screen interface is still super fast, Google Maps navigation is sublime. Warranty issues? Got mine in private sale with 29month Tesla bumper to bumper warranty, could go on but suffice to say FOR ME and our circumstances the Model S was the clear winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Voted Model 3, but the ID3 does look good especially especially given the price. I was in an ID3 in Germany a while back, nice looking car, similar to the golf, nicer if I'm honest. Will most likely be our second EV. There isn't a hope in hell of getting a used Model 3 for 35k. 43k all in with vrt, travel etc. Is anybody actually going to fly over now though? Boat is probably a safer option, less people, more space ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

slave1 wrote: »
    Interesting hypothetical except this was pure reality for me this year.

It was for me too. I had the deposit down on the Tesla Model 3. But then we got a dog and a saloon was no longer an option and I got my deposit back. Then I had a deposit down on the ID.3, believing VW when they said it would be as spacious on the inside as a Passat. This turned out to be false, the car is too small for a family of 5. I never considered the eNiro, I'm not a big fan of cross overs and €40k is a lot of money for an econobox from Korea

So I too ended up buying a Model S second hand, bought from Tesla themselves with 2 years warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

unkel wrote: »
    So I too ended up buying stealing a Model S second hand, bought from Tesla themselves with 2 years warranty

I fixed that for you there unkel...........not that anyone is jealous or anything :p.

:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Voted E-soul as I have one. The Vw with similar spec will be 10K more and have a smaller range.
    S is a different segment (big cars)
    3 will be still well over 40k and not used.

Biased but hey its the internet.

Advertisement