Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Overheal wrote: »
    As we said, he was carrying illegally, so it's very likely the jury/court will rule that he does not have the legal privilege to self defense with an illegally carried weapon.

Again, that not true. He will still have the right to self defence regardless as has been pointed out multiple times. You keep on pushing your wishful thinking as fact and its not helpful to the discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

In fact I did: he was carrying illegally and almost certainly won't be given the privilege to self-defense.

No you didn't read again, and he 100% will get self defense the carry will be irrelevant , the whether he had to use force or not will be the focal point and he most certainly did.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sand wrote: »
    Again, that not true. He will still have the right to self defence regardless as has been pointed out multiple times. You keep on pushing your wishful thinking as fact and its not helpful to the discussion.

Again, that not true. He will not have the right to self defence regardless as has been pointed out multiple times. You keep on pushing your wishful thinking as fact and its not helpful to the discussion.

Cupatae wrote: »
    No you didn't read again, and he 100% will get self defense the carry will be irrelevant , the whether he had to use force or not will be the focal point and he most certainly did.

That's your opinion, albeit an incorrect one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

In fact I did: he was carrying illegally and almost certainly won't be given the privilege to self-defense.

He shot the gun out of the hand of the ' medic ' guy who was just about to point it at him and could of shot and then shot a sex offender dead :D

• Advertisement

So you believe they are going to walk into court ask did he have a permit and when he says no bam hammer slams murderer goodbye.

Are you that naive ?

You are gonna be proper devastated when he doesn't get murder.

Let's make a 100 euro charity bet about the conviction. Manslaughter/murder I win. Anything else. You win. If I win, you donate to BLM. Should be an easy win for one of your charities if you are so confident :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you didn't realize it how did they?

It's protesters shouting and screaming within inches of law enforcement officers. They were not arrested. Shouting and screaming at people is still speech.

It’s protesters shouting past police officers into a council chamber. That’s why he’s in the middle of 2 officers. The same officers who allowed them to enter the city chambers to complain about the lockdown. Pathetic twisting of facts.

“Police allowed several hundred protesters to peacefully enter the capitol building around 1pm, where they crammed shoulder-to-shoulder near the entrance to legislative chambers.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You're spinning what I said and asserting things I never stated.

It is not whataboutery: everyone has the 1st amendment in the US. I have demonstrated, with just one example (there are thousands, if not millions of others) of people yelling and it being regarded as politically protected speech.

You are conflating that, with 'looting, violence, and throwing objects' which are not protected speech, and I have never claimed they were.

Ok, what should the person who did this be charged with

https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/status/1299232424698675200

statesaver wrote: »
    He shot the gun out of the hands of the medic guy who was just about to point it at him and sire, great shot it was too, and then shot a sex offender dead :D

What relevance is the victim's already-served conviction? You're clearly trying to unduly justify a killing based on irrelevant defamatory information. Like the people who defended Botham Jean being murdered while sitting in his own home because they found some pot after the fact - the pot had nothing to do with why he was murdered.

Let's make a 100 euro charity bet about the conviction. Manslaughter/murder I win. Anything else. You win. If I win, you donate to BLM. Should be an easy win for one of your charities if you are so confident :)

Sounds good

• Advertisement

It’s protesters shouting past police officers into a council chamber. That’s why he’s in the middle of 2 officers. The same officers who allowed them to enter the city chambers to complain about the lockdown. Pathetic twisting of facts.

“Police allowed several hundred protesters to peacefully enter the capitol building around 1pm, where they crammed shoulder-to-shoulder near the entrance to legislative chambers.”

I'm not sure what I'm allegedly twisting? They yelled and it was political speech. The left yells and it's animal behavior and scumbaggery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

i can't post links but someone should link to the video of BLM protestors beating a raccoon to death and laughing about it, these people are sick

Sounds good

OK. Great stuff!. What charity will you have me donate to?

What relevance is the victim's already-served conviction? You're clearly trying to unduly justify a killing based on irrelevant defamatory information. Like the people who defended Botham Jean being murdered while sitting in his own home because they found some pot after the fact - the pot had nothing to do with why he was murdered.

No judge in there right mind is gonna breeze past the fact that the kid was being hunted down and attacked by 4 men some of which convicted felons and some armed themselves.

Only to fixiate on illegal gun carry

The logic is baffling honestly

i can't post links but someone should link to the video of BLM protestors beating a raccoon to death and laughing about it, these people are sick

I've looked up what you're referring to. No indication it has anything to do with BLM... Congrats on your third post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I'm not sure what I'm allegedly twisting? They yelled and it was political speech. The left yells and it's animal behavior and scumbaggery?

anybody yells in somebody face its animal behavior, no matter what side, right and left are both loony, thats why a centrist government is needed, you seem to be unable to see that both sides of this have many loons.

Ok, what should the person who did this be charged with

https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/status/1299232424698675200

Assaulting a law enforcement officer with a deadly weapon; though personally I think it being called deadly is a stretch, looks like a thin hub of aluminum, you'd have to launch that out of some kind of weapon before it obtained enough energy to kill anyone. But the law won't make that distinction, as rather than throwing it if you had bludgeoned someone with it then yes you'd kill them after several blows to the head. Certainly overreactionary to call it attempted murder as was seen earlier in the thread.

No judge in there right mind is gonna breeze past the fact that the kid was being hunted down and attacked by 4 men some of which convicted felons and some armed themselves.

Only to fixiate on illegal gun carry

The logic is baffling honestly

No judge will breeze past him illegally carrying and transporting a weapon, nevermind his documented intentions from social media.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    anybody yells in somebody face its animal behavior, no matter what side, right and left are both loony, thats why a centrist government is needed, you seem to be unable to see that both sides of this have many loons.

Do animals yell in people's faces?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

You're raving :pac:

One less pedo in the world, fantastic, good shot kid.

What is it with the left and pedos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

No judge will breeze past him illegally carrying and transporting a weapon, nevermind his documented intentions from social media.

We don't expect that a judge will breeze past him illegally carrying a weapon. Apparently he didn't bring it across state lines. I read that he got it from a friend in Wisconsin. Not sure if that's 100% a fact though.

He'll get convicted on the gun charges for sure.

I am doubtful he'll get done for murder.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    anybody yells in somebody face its animal behavior, no matter what side, right and left are both loony, thats why a centrist government is needed

Nobody deserves dehumanization for political speech. I'm not sure what a centrist government would change about that.
    you seem to be unable to see that both sides of this have many loons.

I'd appreciate you don't leap to ad hominems or putting words in my mouth. We haven't discussed 'loons on both sides' and you didn't ask me about loons on both sides. Perhaps you should have asked me: "Overheal, are there loons on both sides?" Well of course, there are loons on all sides; that just has little to do with the fact that political speech is protected by the first amendment.

I've looked up what you're referring to. No indication it has anything to do with BLM... Congrats on your third post.

it was during a BLM protest ffs, how much more proof do you want.

Lookup the comments of BLM advocators and even their blog posts explaining the rationale of the brutal killing, they claim the raccoon "symbolized" a black person and the mob who tortured and beat it to death were acting as the "police", seriously sick logic but i'm not surprised when it comes to BLM supporters.

aggressive behavior can be defined as animal behavior.

BLM torture and beat animals to death, just look for the BLM raccoon video. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals, absolutely disgusting.

BLM supporters aren't even animals, they are scum

statesaver wrote: »
    You're raving :pac:

One less pedo in the world, fantastic, good shot kid.

What is it with the left and pedos

Criminal vigilantism. Whatever he was convicted of doing, he wasn't sentenced to the death penalty.

As for left vs right and pedophilia... well.

Nobody deserves dehumanization for political speech. I'm not sure what a centrist government would change about that.

I'd appreciate you don't leap to ad hominems or putting words in my mouth. We haven't discussed 'loons on both sides' and you didn't ask me about loons on both sides. Perhaps you should have asked me: "Overheal, are there loons on both sides?" Well of course, there are loons on all sides; that just has little to do with the fact that political speech is protected by the first amendment.

good you admit both sides are capable of being wrong, thats all i wanted. Political speech can be done in much more humane ways im sure you would agree.

The Democrats and the Republicans are both right sided

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Apparently he didn't bring it across state lines. I read that he got it from a friend in Wisconsin. Not sure if that's 100% a fact though.

Ah sure but if it sounds good and supports the narrative repeat it here without doing any additional verification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Perhaps it is more subtle than that since neither the President nor the prospective VP are traditional black people.

Ya, they would have been subtly ostracized by both of their “communities” for that back in the day. G’way with the “not black enough” argument.

Advertisement