Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

I like to see them as actual people rather than animals. So maybe you should take a look at your own values. Back to the dehumanising. Did JB in any way act stupid?

I believe in the US people have the right to protest. Is that stupid?

I'd say your mask is slipping but you aren't a fan of them either.

"His only regret was not killing the kid" - Is this not dehumanising language? this from the guy who wants to defund the police.

https://twitter.com/VitoGesualdi/status/1299414048971395078?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Apologies, I meant Mr. Rittenhouse rather than Jacob Blake.

He probably should have stayed with his group rather than becoming separated from them.

"His only regret was not killing the kid" - Is this not dehumanising language? this from the guy who wants to defund the police.

His only regret after been shot was that he didn't kill him. If the 17 year old hadn't shot him. It would probably be a different story. But you make your own wee little agenda there like good proud boy.

He probably should have stayed with his group rather than becoming separated from them.

He probably should have stayed the hell at home and not murdered two people.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,385 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That is not dehumanizing no. It is certainly not protected speech though and will undoubtedly be used against him in court.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

of course the people he killed shouldn't have been there either right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why did the paedo travel 16 and a half hours drive to be there??

mynamejeff wrote: »
    of course the people he killed shouldn't have been there either right ?

They didn't do anything illegal by protesting. Kid did by illegally carrying his AR15 across state lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

They didn't do anything illegal by protesting. Kid did by illegally carrying his AR15 across state lines.

So shooting at him and throwing a molotov cocktail at him was legal?

Nobody is blameless in this.

Glazers Out!

Why did the paedo travel 16 and a half hours drive to be there??

To protest? That's what happens when a society disravels because of an inept police force/strategy.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

To protest? That's what happens when a society disravels because of an inept police force/strategy.

In point of fact he moved to the city last year.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

nullzero wrote: »

'There are good people on all sides'

Same old line.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Every single person there who was not a cop was there illegally as it was past the curfew. You should broaden your avenues of information. It will help you think for yourself more.

Who shot at him? As far as I understand, there was shots fired in the air.
    There was no Molotov cocktail thrown. That was just right wing propaganda. It's embarrassing how little some people actually think for themselves rather than believe biased news such as the daily wire. Educate yourself before you start pontificating.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-53934109

°°°°°

'There are good people on all sides'

Same old line.

The point I was making was the opposite of that.

Don't let facts get in the way of putting words in people's mouths and taking the moral high ground.

Same old nonsense.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

There was no Molotov cocktail thrown. That was just right wing propaganda. It's embarrassing how little some people actually think for themselves rather than believe biased news such as the daily wire. Educate yourself before you start pontificating.

What's embarrassing is the misinformation you are peddling in the face of the clear evidence of the videos of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

To be fair Rittenhouse had his back to the shot fired in the air while being chased.

For all he knew the shot was at him.

What was pistols guys excuse for firing shots into the air? He escalated the situation.

What's embarrassing is the misinformation you are peddling in the face of the clear evidence of the videos of the incident.

It's clear as day he murdered two people and attempted to murder another individual.

°°°°°

Bloody hell. Did you really just post that?

Glazers Out!

It's clear as day he murdered two people and attempted to murder another individual.

That's your opinion of the matter. Do you dispute the sequence of events, as evidenced in the video?

• Advertisement

That's your opinion of the matter. Do you dispute the sequence of events, as evidenced in the video?

Run me through the sequence as you see it. The videos I've seen of the incident suggest to me that it was premeditated ( carried an assault rifle across state lines), shot people who were trying to disarm him.

If you justify his shooting of innocent (on the night), then you justify mass shooters shooting somebody trying to disarm them as self defence.

Bloody hell. Did you really just post that?

A link to an unbiased news organisation. Yes, I did. Sorry if the facts don't fit your right wing ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Kyle Rittenhouse seems to be the far right’s new idol.

°°°°°

A link to an unbiased news organisation. Yes, I did. Sorry if the facts don't fit your right wing ideology.

I don't have a right wing ideology.

Glazers Out!

Run me through the sequence as you see it. The videos I've seen of the incident suggest to me that it was premeditated ( carried an assault rifle across state lines), shot people who were trying to disarm him.

If you justify his shooting of innocent (on the night), then you justify mass shooters shooting somebody trying to disarm them as self defence.

The video is fairly conclusive in showing the event. The kid was chased by the crowd initially, corned and attacked by the first individual. He shot him, then fled from the crowd again. He was hit, knocked down and set upon by more individuals. He then shot two of the persons attacking him, got up and moved to the police's location.

The video is fairly conclusive in showing the event. The kid was chased by the crowd initially, corned and attacked by the first individual. He shot him, then fled from the crowd again. He was hit, knocked down and set upon by more individuals. He then shot two of the persons attacking him, got up and moved to the police's location.

He had just murdered somebody. They were trying to subdue him. Why would all these people out of nowhere decide they want to start murdering him? Your bias is clouding your judgment. Feel a bit sorry for you if that's what you take away from the videos.

He had just murdered somebody. They were trying to subdue him. Why would all these people out of nowhere decide they want to start murdering him? Your bias is clouding your judgment. Feel a bit sorry for you if that's what you take away from the videos.

He was chased in the videoof the first shooting, cornered and attacked. Do you dispute that?

He was chased in the videoof the first shooting, cornered and attacked. Do you dispute that?

They were trying to disarm an obviously distressed individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

From his social media photos i didn't think much of him but after watching his interviews and the attacks on him by BLM/antifa it's hard to see how he was anything but a victim. If there were more people like him there would be fewer riots and less businesses burned to the ground. Just donated $20 to the legal fund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Donald Trump and the Republicans in the United States and their news media networks like Fox News would disagree with you.

Have you got proof of that? You know that republicans are not white supremacists dont you? Maybe stop watching the Young Turks, that stuff will rot your brain.

Advertisement