Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

BloodBath wrote: »
    The chaser didn't fire. Another close to the scene did. It's visible and audible in the video of that incident.

Rittenhouse had his back to the shot that was maybe 10 meters away. After the shot he turns and opens fire on the chaser.

So it was murder? The person he shot in the head didn't have a weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

JJayoo wrote: »
    However he should never have been on the street with a weapon in the first fcuking place, the guy is 17 ffs.

Many many more videos online showing what happens when you get attacked by these mobs, basically you get your head kicked in, ****ed up

Bingo. He took a stand and risked his life for what is right. He's literally a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

JJayoo wrote: »
    Watched the video.

He is being chased by a crowd
    Gets punched in back of head
    Continues running and falls
    Gets kicked in the face and hit by guy with skateboard
    People screaming to attack him

This is all as clear as day. He acted in self defence, only firing when he was on the ground and being attacked.

However he should never have been on the street with a weapon in the first fcuking place, the guy is 17 ffs.

Many many more videos online showing what happens when you get attacked by these mobs, basically you get your head kicked in, ****ed up

Hence why he was being chased.

Jacob Blake was shot 7 times in the back because he had a knife in his car which the police claim he was trying to get to.

We had 4 days here of people saying that that was a completely acceptable approach by police and the same people now saying that there is no way Kyle should have been attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Why are acting as though you haven't viewed the videos yourself? You can see the kid being attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

According to journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Isabel Wilkinson in her book Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents and the Guardian article 'America's 'untouchables': the silent power of the caste system', systemic racism is insufficient to describe what is going on in the United States, and a more accurate description would be a societal caste system, akin to India's caste system, and that white Americans sit on the top of the American caste system while black Americans are on the bottom of the American caste system.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/28/untouchables-caste-system-us-race-martin-luther-king-india

Call me when India elects one of its "untouchables" to the head of its government for two terms.

• Advertisement

Why are acting as though you haven't viewed the videos yourself? You can see the kid being attacked.

I have seen it. It's clear as day and I'm confident he will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Hence why he was being chased.

Jacob Blake was shot 7 times in the back because he had a knife in his car which the police claim he was trying to get to.

We had 4 days here of people saying that that was a completely acceptable approach by police and the same people now saying that there is no way Kyle should have been attacked.

Blake was shot because he didn't obey the police officer's instructions and made threatening acts.

antix80 wrote: »
    Bingo. He took a stand and risked his life for what is right. He's literally a hero.

You are embarrassing yourself!:rolleyes:

I have seen it. It's clear as day and I'm confident he will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

He might be prosecuted, but I doubt he'll be convicted of anything serious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It's mainly gullible people, especially the anti mask people. Twerps of the highest order. You would need to be really stupid to not realise how masks are our best way of containing corona.

What has people who are anti mask got to do with the BLM riots?

Or are you that conditioned by the media you are consuming that you can't see the difference....they are two very different topics....can you understand that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't know the extent of the law in that state so that's up to them to decide.

He doesn't have to have a weapon. He was chasing and attempting to assault the guy with the AR who was running away. Then pistol guy fires a shot into the air. Both illegal acts.

It's quite possible AR guy mistook the pistol shot being directed at him by the chaser or a part of the chasers group which turned his flight response into fight response.

Stupidity on all sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's mainly gullible people, especially the anti mask people. Twerps of the highest order. You would need to be really stupid to not realise how masks are our best way of containing corona.

What has it got to do with the discussion at hand? You're making a lot of assumptions about people being "Donald Trump fan boys" along with this. You seem to have an over simplified world view without much nuance.

Glazers Out!

Just general stupidity of people who attend to get "emotive" about these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

So that means black there do all the hard jobs? All my Brazilian friends that I have there say the completely different.

°°°°°

Just general stupidity of people who attend to get "emotive" about these situations.

People who "attend to get emotive"?
    You've been reasonably emotive in your own arguments here.
    You are seeing people's opinions on this topic and then assuming they have certain opinions on other issues, which isn't based upon anything other than your opinion, do you not see the problem with this attitude? You accused me of having a "right wing ideology" earlier on this thread.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'm not sure you are in a position to be expressing an opinion on general stupidity!!!

You seem a little confused over two very different issues for a start!!!

°°°°°

Perhaps it is more subtle than that since neither the President nor the prospective VP are traditional black people.

What is a "traditional black person"?

Glazers Out!

This is the same social group who can riot and loot in the middle of a pandemic and have politicians excusing it mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Well here we go again, "black people", as if they are one homogeneous group.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

According to journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Isabel Wilkinson in her book Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents and the Guardian article 'America's 'untouchables': the silent power of the caste system', systemic racism is insufficient to describe what is going on in the United States, and a more accurate description would be a societal caste system, akin to India's caste system, and that white Americans sit on the top of the American caste system while black Americans are on the bottom of the American caste system.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/28/untouchables-caste-system-us-race-martin-luther-king-india

The whole point of intersectional theory is to create an entirely new caste system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

This idiot BLM protestor racially abusing an Asian cop is handing the orange mob boss another 4 years.....

https://twitter.com/benpalajac/status/1299393983395688450?s=20

Or are you that conditioned by the media you are consuming that you can't see the difference....they are two very different topics....can you understand that much?

Can you not see how there is a very large correalation between those who were aghast at Covid restrictions (first picture) and those who felt the need to take up weapons against protestors (second picture)

GettyImages-1210050182.jpg

29239042-0-image-a-92_1591307156907.jpg

And both of these points orbit around a common denominator. The guy in the White House. Further evidenced with this 'Liberate' tweets, warning about the risks of their guns being taken and attendance at one of his rally's the 17 year old murderer.

°°°°°

Can you not see how there is a very large correalation between those who were aghast at Covid restrictions (first picture) and those who felt the need to take up weapons against protestors (second picture)

And both of these points orbit around a common denominator. The guy in the White House. Further evidenced with this 'Liberate' tweets, warning about the risks of their guns being taken and attendance at one of his rally's the 17 year old murderer.

Are you judging these people based on their appearance? Because beyond that your argument doesn't hold any water.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

This idiot BLM protestor racially abusing an Asian cop is handing the orange mob boss another 4 years.....

https://twitter.com/benpalajac/status/1299393983395688450?s=20

Same idiot

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299210902206521346?s=20

No mention of the masses out rioting and looting during a pandemic? Just the bad white folks

It's very obvious they are all linked. It's funny that the polarisation of US politics even has people in Ireland polarised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

antix80 wrote: »

He’s a hero for killing 2 people?
    Explain please.

°°°°°

It's very obvious they are all linked.

If it's obvious you shouldn't have any problem proving it.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Are you judging these people based on their appearance? Because beyond that your argument doesn't hold any water.

Do you deny there is a consistency of opinions between anti-covid restrictions and those against BLM protests?

Given Trumps view on both matters, do you think this supposedly silent majority who support him would have conflicting views to him on the 2 biggest topics of the Presidency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I didn't misrepresent the video. I specifically said watch the entire video.
    I am not offended as this is an anonymous internet chat room. Only an idiot would take offence
    I never commented on Mr Blake being shot because I wasn't interested in it.

Don't be offended if I don't reply to you again as wasting time chatting to cult followers is not high on my agenda of things to do tonight.

In the three posts where you pushed the lawyer's video (are you in his fan club?) you didn't once mention that he repeatedly stated that the case against the shooter was also strong, despite his personal opinion (stating both sides had 'amazing arguments' and the killer had 'an uphill battle').

You repeatedly told one side of the story, the one you agree with, and that is misrepresentation.
    Here is an hour long video of an American lawyer explaining the Wisconsin legislation and coming to the conclusion that it was self defence.
    He believes Rittenhouse was acting itself defence and should be acquitted.
    The lawyer who makes this video says
    "2 people basically discharging weapons right around Kyle as he is running away. If thats not self defence I don't know what is"

Ill take this guys professional opinion over the guy with 50k posts on an irish Internet forum.

Advertisement