Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Same would have been said throughout all protests in the past, of that I have no doubt.

Progress comes slowly, but make no mistake, this will all be seen as part of the journey.

Protests in the past didn't devolve into the type of things we're seeing with these protests.

Nobody is gaining any ground here, all that is happening is escalation of tensions and now we're seeing teenagers killing people with automatic weapons.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about it.

I see you also side stepped where I pointed out how you falsely accused me of supporting one side in this discussion.
    Facts it seems are not your friend, nor logic.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

0.05% kiddo. Do you understand percentages?

So 10000 equalling 0.5% Makes 10000 arrests acceptable? Do you understand how 10000 arrests is a bad thing? Kiddo?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

nullzero wrote: »
    Protests in the past didn't devolve into the type of things we're seeing with these protests.

Nobody is gaining any ground here, all that is happening is escalation of tensions and now we're seeing teenagers killing people with automatic weapons.

It ll only get worse, i can see it ending really badly for the BLM lot, there gonna burn the wrong place or loot the wrong place and they ll be massacred. Theres only so much people will take and with so many guns in the US it only gonna take on to snap.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Why did it take 9 min to kill him then ? Damn... his good.. fatal overdosed and held his breath for 9 min.

Usually. It's aspiration that gets you with a fentanyl overdose. If GF was getting a lethal dose of fentanyl. He would have been knocked out before he would be able to say "I cant't breathe".

It bonds to the mu opioid receptors pretty quickly. It's volume of distribution is quite large which allows it to cross the blood brain barrier quickly. Half life is about 7 hours. It's unlikely that a fentanyl overdose caused his death.

Or you know.... You could just victim blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

At least the BLM protesters tend to wear masks. Why wasn't Rittenhouse wearing a mask? Gullible pup he is.

They wore masks long before covid.

No need to wear masks outdoors. Just keep 2 meters distance and no one gets hurt.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Is that all, in the whole of the USA?

You're right. 10000 arrests is nothing. 10000 people all arrested, its like it never happened.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Donald Trump and the Republicans in the United States and their news media networks like Fox News would disagree with you.

When we say that one group of people dominates society, it's important to define what in God's name we're talking about.

Dominating in what way???

If you want to measure this, how many different ways are dividing people up? By race? By gender? By age? etc.
    And likewise how many different arenas are we measuring people across? Business? Politics? Professions? Trades? Sport? Criminality?

Asians and Jews dominate academia and high-powered professions like medicine and the law. They overrepresent their share of the population in these areas and achieve higher incomes than other groups.

Blacks (among other minorities) dominate pretty much every athletic sport and not much else.

Women dominate teaching, medicine and many other areas in which human to human communication is paramount. But they tend not to scale these careers to high levels because many take time off or drop out entirely in order to focus on family. That's why women are over overrepresented in the low levels of the legal profession and not at the higher end. They leave because their priorities change.

Men tend to dominate the top of a wide variety of arenas such as politics as well as business, although they also dominate the bottoms of a wide variety of arenas. Massively overrepresented among prisoners, violent deaths, criminals, poor people.

If we're talking about whites and the US specifically it's important to account for the fact that they are almost 80% of the population. If you don't take this into account it's easy to falsely conclude that whites "dominate" whatever that means. You also need to take into account the reasons that some groups don't dominate an arena. It's not a zero sum game. You can't assume that other don't groups dominate because whites dominated originally. There were very few Asian doctors in the US in the 19th century.

If American society can be represented as an ossified caste system then explain kindly how Asian Americans went from being used as slave labor to build railways and denied citizenship for half a century to earning higher wages than any other racial group?
    What makes a caste system a caste system is that it is unscalable for members of lower castes.
    A cursory glance at US history would disprove the notion that America is a caste system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

0.05% kiddo. Do you understand percentages?

The Democratic Governors, Mayors didn't exactly pursue criminals with any vigor now did they...

What was it the Mayor of Seattle called the anarchists takeover of a huge section of the city centre that will cost the city probably hundreds of millions, not to mention the victims of rape, robbery and murder who will never see justice...oh ya, "The Summer of Love"

How many Governors/Mayors refused Federal help to quell the criminality, murder and mayhem in their cities/states?

Do you understand what happens when leaders don't uphold law and order?

You're percentages are completely meaningless...

Usually. It's aspiration that gets you with a fentanyl overdose. If GF was getting a lethal dose of fentanyl. He would have been knocked out before he would be able to say "I cant't breathe".

It bonds to the mu opioid receptors pretty quickly. It's volume of distribution is quite large which allows it to cross the blood brain barrier quickly. Half life is about 7 hours. It's unlikely that a fentanyl overdose caused his death.

Interesting people that did the autopsies disagree with you, it seems that he was pretty much a dead man walking anyway with those levels and the heart condition, its a strong case for the cops regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://www.fox9.com/news/court-filings-medical-examiner-thought-george-floyd-had-fatal-level-of-fentanyl-in-system

The truth is burning thru ever brighter! GF death and the BLM lies are being brutally exposed. Turns out he had fatal doses of fentanyl in his system.

“The autopsy revealed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation.”

"The other memorandum filed June 1 by the Attorney’s Office indicated Baker said Floyd’s level of fentanyl was “pretty high,” and a potentially “fatal level.”

Awfully sallacious article to be sure, but all it reports is the commentary of the medical examiner in question.

"New exhibits filed in the case against the four former Minneapolis Police Officers accused of murdering George Floyd suggest the Hennepin County Medical Examiner thought George Floyd’s fentanyl levels were at a potentially “fatal level”, but his and other medical examiner’s findings showed he died of a combination of factors."

This doesn't change the fact that George Floyd's recorded level was found to be 11 ng/mL, lower than the control group (11.8 ng/mL) in a 2012 study examining the 'Reliability of Postmortem Fentanyl Concentrations in Determining the Cause of Death.'

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

It ll only get worse, i can see it ending really badly for the BLM lot, there gonna burn the wrong place or loot the wrong place and they ll be massacred. Theres only so much people will take and with so many guns in the US it only gonna take on to snap.

I agree. I don't want to see anyone dying. Such a needless waste of life.

Glazers Out!

So 10000 equalling 0.5% Makes 10000 arrests acceptable? Do you understand how 10000 arrests is a bad thing? Kiddo?

You're very keen to ask pointed questions to deflect from answering questions asked of you first.

Interesting people that did the autopsies disagree with you, it seems that he was pretty much a dead man walking anyway with those levels and the heart condition, its a strong case for the cops regardless.

You do realize what the word potential means, don't you? Paracetamol can "potentially" kill you. See how that works.
    Also if he was suffering from respiratory depression. He should have been prescribed naloxone. The officer was negligent in his care of GF. Also, the last thing you would do to somebody you suspect is suffering from respiratory depression is restrict their airway.

antix80 wrote: »
    He was a gentle giant. Like John coffey.

He most certainly dindu nuffin

Going by some of the folk here id nearly believe it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭AllForIt

As you know, the US does not a social welfare system anything like comparable to ours, meaning those who are not successful in life, i.e. don't have any skills thus can't hold down a job for a sustained period live in poverty by today's standards of poverty.

But white ppl suffer the same from this as black people do.

And now agitators and anarchist's suggest black ppl in this lower class demographic are there because of racism, and now even because of a caste system.

Give me strength. What are we going to do about these people. They'll cause social unrest maybe not on a civil war level but destructive to society all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not when compared to the 19,990,000 who protested and weren't arrested.

Another way of putting it, for every person who was arrested, there were 2000 who weren't. So at a ratio of 2000:1 non-violent versus violent, do you think that that suggests the movement is by and large violent? It patently doesn't.

Never before did all major sporting organisations impact their schedules to support the call for change.

That is a very impactful event. I would bet the mortgage that conversations amongst their owners has already centred around 'How the f*** do we stop this happening,' and eventually that will get to city officials, mayors, police chiefs and down the line to get their act together.

The only question is the timeline but I guarantee it will not be a matter of weeks or months. This is still going to be a topic for the next number of years because so much has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You're right. 10000 arrests is nothing. 10000 people all arrested, its like it never happened.

Population of USA 328.2 million.

°°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    You're very keen to ask pointed questions to deflect from answering questions asked of you first.

So I'm asking pointed questions of a person who has repeatedly misrepresented me and not been able to address anything I've put to them?

Where exactly do you fit into this Overheal?

Glazers Out!

So I'm asking pointed questions of a person who has repeatedly misrepresented me and not been able to address anything I've put to them?

Where exactly do you fit into this Overheal?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Never before did all major sporting organisations impact their schedules to support the call for change.

That is a very impactful event. I would bet the mortgage that conversations amongst their owners has already centred around 'How the f*** do we stop this happening,' and eventually that will get to city officials, mayors, police chiefs and down the line to get their act together.

The only question is the timeline but I guarantee it will not be a matter of weeks or months. This is still going to be a topic for the next number of years because so much has to change.

So the people dying in these protests are acceptable collateral damage then?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That is not dehumanizing no. It is certainly not protected speech though and will undoubtedly be used against him in court.

They might try but I think it would blow back on them.

He had great opportunity to shoot 'Lil Rambo' after he'd killed a man but showed restraint at the time by trying to chase him instead. That contrasts terribly for Lil Rambo, who showed no restraint, shooting multiple rounds into people and the crowd.

I don't think a jury will be offended by regrets about the restraint you showed when the other person didn't and that lead to another man is dead and your life is altered forever.

The Democratic Governors, Mayors didn't exactly pursue criminals with any vigor now did they...

What was it the Mayor of Seattle called the anarchists takeover of a huge section of the city centre that will cost the city probably hundreds of millions, not to mention the victims of rape, robbery and murder who will never see justice...oh ya, "The Summer of Love"

How many Governors/Mayors refused Federal help to quell the criminality, murder and mayhem in their cities/states?

Do you understand what happens when leaders don't uphold law and order?

You're percentages are completely meaningless...

Lol. Lets see some of yours so rather than this type of Kelly-Anne Conway 'alternative facts' rebuttal.

Or feel free to answer this question which is very difficult for some to consider.

;What percentage, in your mind, does it take so that a movement can definitively be identified as being a mob who are looting?'

°°°°°

:rolleyes:

That's your response?

Wonderful, always a pleasure dealing with you.

Glazers Out!

You do realize what the word potential means, don't you? Paracetamol can "potentially" kill you. See how that works.
    Also if he was suffering from respiratory depression. He should have been prescribed naloxone. The officer was negligent in his care of GF. Also, the last thing you would do to somebody you suspect is suffering from respiratory depression is restrict their airway.

Im sure the officer knew that on the spot, Ah yeah thats it he only took a paracetamol , the fact he was dosed to the eyeballs with fentanyl would never make a difference oh no it couldn't possibly! such an outlandish notion isnt it ? :pac:

Keep flying that victim banner everyone of em are saintly innocent victims!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Going by some of the folk here id nearly believe it :D

He was a baddun. And an idiot.
    Cops had no right to execute him. I don't think they intended to. I think the cop who knelt on him was an idiot too.

Soo.. Baddun * idiot ^ 2.. Recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Hopefully it disappears like Momentum in the UK but look at the damage they caused by giving the tories a landslide.

In a perfect world BLM and the MAGA nuts will just disappear quietly and the adults clean the mess up.

°°°°°

Population of USA 328.2 million.

So 10000 people being arrested is OK by you?

Glazers Out!

That's your response?

Wonderful, always a pleasure dealing with you.

If your response is to carry on asking deflective questions what other response need I give?

• Advertisement

Im sure the officer knew that on the spot, Ah yeah thats it he only took a paracetamol , the fact he was dosed to the eyeballs with fentanyl would never make a difference oh no it couldn't possibly! such an outlandish notion isnt it ? :pac:

It's pretty obvious hen somebody is overdosing from opioids. Restricting their airway is thee last thing you want to do. I like how you can have a laugh about a black man asphyxiating.

Advertisement