Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nullzero wrote: »
    So 10000 people being arrested is OK by you?

What's your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    If your response is to carry on asking deflective questions what other response need I give?

Where have I deflected anything?

You're free to PM me if you've got a problem with me.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So the people dying in these protests are acceptable collateral damage then?

How did you even think that that is what I was implying or would think?

Nobody should die at a protest.
    There should be no need for these protests
    How do we stop these protests?

Think about it...

Where have I deflected anything?

You're free to PM me if you've got a problem with me.

Overheal is pointing out that I have asked you a question and you have declined to answer it while commenting on other elements of the post in which it was placed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

It's pretty obvious hen somebody is overdosing from opioids. Restricting their airway is thee last thing you want to do. I like how you can have a laugh about a black man asphyxiating.

im laughing at your ridiculous logic and your attempt at spinning and twisting stuff... how was the police to know he was on opioids ?

The fact you dismiss the notion that being on fatal amounts of opiods could have killed him is laughable aswell, not even trying to hide your intentions or biases

His some man to hold his breath for 9 min .

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

How did you even think that that is what I was implying or would think?

Nobody should die at a protest.
    There should be no need for these protests
    How do we stop these protests?

Think about it...

In light of how these protests have degenerated my solution would be to stop having them for a time. Anyone who sees themselves as leaders in the BLM movement should be taking responsibility and stopping this degenerating further. As things stand people getting shot at protests is sadly going to become more frequent.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

People don't understand large numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yes
    If it brings about change.
    Blm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Lol. Lets see some of yours so rather than this type of Kelly-Anne Conway 'alternative facts' rebuttal.

Or feel free to answer this question which is very difficult for some to consider.

;What percentage, in your mind, does it take so that a movement can definitively be identified as being a mob who are looting?'

What are you on about...percentages, it doesn't matter...ask yourself, who is reeking havoc, rioting, looting, destruction of property and businesses, murder and mayhem across American cities since late May...because that is what voters are going to be thinking about when they cast their vote in November...not percentages...what idiocy!!!!

When one side of the divided communities in the North were rioting who was thinking about percentages....what percentage? what a completely idiotic question!!!!

°°°°°

Overheal is pointing out that I have asked you a question and you have declined to answer it while commenting on other elements of the post in which it was placed.

You asked me what percentage of people protesting being arrested is acceptable. 0% is the answer.

Now can you apologise for misrepresenting me earlier?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Blake was shot because he didn't obey the police officer's instructions and made threatening acts.

In fairness he was shot because a useless cop panicked.

Defund the cops??? **** sake train them in the most basic sh1t.

If two cops can't restrain a guy half their size then they shouldn't be on patrol.

As soon as he laid his hands on the cops they should have slammed him to the ground and fcuked him into the car.

You asked me what percentage of people protesting being arrested is acceptable. 0% is the answer.

Now can you apologise for misrepresenting me earlier?

That isn't what I asked you.

And I have nothing to apologize for.

Here is the question. Again.

'What percentage, in your mind, does it take so that a movement can definitively be identified as being a mob who are looting?'

°°°°°

Yes
    If it brings about change.
    Blm.

Currently it's bringing about more arrests and increasing fatalities.

Glazers Out!

'What percentage, in your mind, does it take so that a movement can definitively be identified as being a mob who are looting?'

Stop.....I can't breath!!!!

Currently it's bringing about more arrests and increasing fatalities.

Black people are still being shot, so I agree.
    Time for change.

°°°°°

Well in this case the 0.05% (which equates to 10000 arrests) makes the movement identifiable as a mob.

You have on more than one occasion made assumptions about me that I take exception to, so by that measure you owe me an apology.

Glazers Out!

Cupatae wrote: »
    im laughing at your ridiculous logic and your attempt at spinning and twisting stuff... how was the police to know he was on opioids ?

The fact you dismiss the notion that being on fatal amounts of opiods could have killed him is laughable aswell, not even trying to hide your intentions or biases

His some man to hold his breath for 9 min .

I'm a pharmacist its kinda my gig, you can build a serious tolerance to fentanyl

What are you on about...percentages, it doesn't matter...ask yourself, who is reeking havoc, rioting, looting, destruction of property and businesses, murder and mayhem across American cities since late May...because that is what voters are going to be thinking about when they cast their vote in November...not percentages...what idiocy!!!!

When one side of the divided communities in the North were rioting who was thinking about percentages....what percentage? what a completely idiotic question!!!!

I'll try to put it in basic terms for you.
    The vast vast majority of protests and protesters are peaceful and therefore the purpose of the movement is in know way undermined or invalidated.

In November, I suspect people are going to be thinking about the absolute disaster Trump has been and how he has failed to deliver on everyone of his 2016 campaign promises, and has criminally mismanaged the countries Covid-19 response.

Okay, now answer this:

What percentage of dead people at the hands of police is acceptable?

I'm a pharmacist, you can build a serious tolerance to fentanyl

Hey...there's no cure for stupid..am I right?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Black people are still being shot, so I agree.
    Time for change.

It's estimated that 30 people died in the protests that took place after George Floyd was killed. 30 lives ended. How is that acceptable?

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    Okay, now answer this:

What percentage of dead people at the hands of police is acceptable?

Innocent people? 0%

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ended up going down the youtube rabbit hole.... There are some shocking videos online, there is an extremely sinister element to the BML protests, a group of people who are joining in with the protests solely to cause harm.

Watched a video of a guy having his head kicked like a football by 3/4 guys while others film, he's 100% dead and I feel incredibly disturbed/anxious that I watched a guy die while people cheer.

Innocent people? 0%

Okay. Well, that's not the case. And that's why they march.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Why don't you, put a percentage on the numbers who have marched who have engaged in violence or looting?

What percentage, in your mind, does it take so that a movement can definitively be identified as being a mob who are looting?

This question has been asked of several here, none of which have answered it to this point.

I'm sure the business owners who saw their lives work getting destroyed in the name of BLM care about the percentages. As though it matters.

Hey...there's no cure for stupid..am I right?

I don't really get where you are coming from. Are you suggesting I'm stupid?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Ended up going down the youtube rabbit hole.... There are some shocking videos online, there is an extremely sinister element to the BML protests, a group of people who are joining in with the protests solely to cause harm.

Watched a video of a guy having his head kicked like a football by 3/4 guys while others film, he's 100% dead and I feel incredibly disturbed/anxious that I watched a guy die while people cheer.

iirc you may be looking at Boogaloo

Well in this case the 0.05% (which equates to 10000 arrests) makes the movement identifiable as a mob.

Ok, so 0.05% is your benchmark, seems ludicrous but that's what you are going with.

Now, with that in mind, do you want to put a percentage on what you think the number of police precincts in which there is institutional racism or unacceptable behaviour.

I'll try to put it in basic terms for you.
    The vast vast majority of protests and protesters are peaceful and therefore the purpose of the movement is in know way undermined or invalidated.

In November, I suspect people are going to be thinking about the absolute disaster Trump has been and how he has failed to deliver on everyone of his 2016 campaign promises, and has criminally mismanaged the countries Covid-19 response.

It doesn't matter how many are peaceful...at what point will that penny drop?

This is going to destroy the Democratic Party.

You'll be the one scratching your head calling the Yanks thick in November when Trump secures another 4 years....

• Advertisement

It's estimated that 30 people died in the protests that took place after George Floyd was killed. 30 lives ended. How is that acceptable?

“Estimate”
    Next!

The white supremacy kid shot 2 of those people so?

Advertisement