Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

BloodBath wrote: »
    I'm not sure if pistol guy from the first fatal shooting is the same as pistol guy from the second. He's not visible in the first video but his gunshot muzzle flash and sound are. Directly after he fires his pistol AR guy turns and shoots his chaser.

Later he is visible standing over the grounded AR guy holding his pistol and get's shot in the arm, then raises his arms in surrender and backs off.

Interesting.
    First internet report i read attributed all gunshots to Rittenhouse.
    Would definitely change things if one of the rioters set off the chain of events by firing their weapon first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,876 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That has been a thing I've spotted as well, we all remember what it is like to be kids, how impressionable you can be...these kids have echo chambers that were not around when we were young...those echo chambers will drive a person into hysteria, which is manifesting itself on the streets...

I passed a group of Climate change protesters today, about 30 of them, all under the age of 22...27 of them female.

It was the same when in that very city centre again about 30 BLM protesters took a knee chanting BLM back in May...mostly young women.

I suspect alot of them are college students and the Universities in the US being staunchely far left have indoctrinated them due to their gullible nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That has been a thing I've spotted as well, we all remember what it is like to be kids, how impressionable you can be...these kids have echo chambers that were not around when we were young...those echo chambers will drive a person into hysteria, which is manifesting itself on the streets...

I passed a group of Climate change protesters today, about 30 of them, all under the age of 22...27 of them female.

It was the same when in that very city centre again about 30 BLM protesters took a knee chanting BLM back in May...mostly young women.

Usually accompanied by a handful of predatorial men, describing themselves as male feminists, trying to gain their trust.

The murderer has taken personal responsibility for his actions. He broke the law bringing that weapon across state lines. He'll be a very (deservedly) old man before he gets out. I don't envy his mental anguish at the moment. Hope he's on suicide watch.

You've made your stance clear.

I'm sure he's in anguish but hopefully has enough support to understand he did nothing wrong and the system failed by allowing rioters to go unpunished and cities to go unpoliced.

Seems like a turning point for America.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

antix80 wrote: »
    Interesting.
    First internet report i read attributed all gunshots to Rittenhouse.
    Would definitely change things if one of the rioters set off the chain of events by firing their weapon first

11 mins into this video shows it. Granted far from clear but a muzzle flash is visible followed by a plume of smoke and the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SooO03bJ8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You've made your stance clear.

I'm sure he's in anguish but hopefully has enough support to understand he did nothing wrong and the system failed by allowing rioters to go unpunished and cities to go unpoliced.

Seems like a turning point for America.

Going somewhere like that alone with a loaded AR was asking for trouble. He wasn't even legally permitted to do so. He has ruined his life and the lives of others by poor choices that escalated into that situation. Far from blameless.

This is what happens when you align yourselves with either of the these sides and go full on militant with your beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The sooner the schools open the better so this lot can go back to school.

They all look like kids .
    I've noticed that most of these protesters seem to be angry young females.

Angry feminists by the looks of things , they all look like the type of people who were unpopular or had no friends in school, then go to college and meet the other loners, and they gang together and decide to jump on any " cause" going , to give themselves a purpose in life . I think it's there way to hit back at society for all their own failures in life

BloodBath wrote: »
    Going somewhere like that alone with a loaded AR was asking for trouble. He wasn't even legally permitted to do so. He has ruined his life and the lives of others by poor choices that escalated into that situation. Far from blameless.

This is what happens when you align yourselves with either of the these sides and go full on militant with your beliefs.

He aligned himself with business owners and law enforcement.

He had as much right to be there as the rioters who attacked him. Only difference being he kept to himself and the rioters chose to attack him.

He'll be found innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yeah, I think I know exactly what you mean.
    The large presence of armed men Tuesday night in Kenosha has been linked to a local militia group known as the Kenosha Guard, which created a Facebook event called “Armed Citizens to Protect our Lives and Property.” The invitation was re-posted by the far-right website Infowars.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He aligned himself with business owners and law enforcement.

He had as much right to be there as the rioters who attacked him. Only difference being he kept to himself and the rioters chose to attack him.

He'll be found innocent.

He was also carrying an assault rifle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nullzero wrote: »
    There's more than simple peaceful marching going on though. People are dying.

Here's a question for you, how many avoidable deaths are acceptable to you?

I answered your questions promptly, I'm assuming you will undoubtedly extend me the same courtesy.

Of course none are acceptable, however because of avoidable deaths in policing that have not been properly redressed by government, these protests have occurred, and continue to occur. It's not just radicals who call themselves BLM or Antifa either, but Boogaloos too and 'militia' types who are equally looking to clash. It doesn't help that police coordinate with militia groups, it only ratchets up the division; worse is that some police are looking the other way to militias knowing the militias may do extrajudicially that which is hard for them to accomplish. That's how we see Rittenhouse walk around unimpeded, militias given water and told "we really appreciate you" while those same police are seen in the same instance yelling at black protesters to "go home you're trespassing." That makes it exceedingly difficult to defend police.

Angry feminists by the looks of things , they all look like the type of people who were unpopular or had no friends in school, then go to college and meet the other loners, and they gang together and decide to jump on any " cause" going , to give themselves a purpose in life . I think it's there way to hit back at society for all their own failures in life

Yes, I suspect that they would be disciples of identity politics in general.
    People intent on disrupting society in one form or another, they move from one issue to another .
    Race, feminism, lgbt, trans, climate etc.
    The constantly outraged.

o1s1n wrote: »
    He was also carrying an assault rifle...

He's a minor. Once the homicide charges are thrown out it will hopefully be no more than a slap on the wrists.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He's a minor. Once the homicide charges are thrown out it will hopefully be no more than a slap on the wrists.

My comment was more aimed at your 'he had a right to be there'

Nobody should be strolling down the street with a firearm like that, it's insane.

You can call him a minor all night but he's already been charged as an adult.

If that is what happens, it is another piece of categorical proof that there is a need for change.

Jacob Blake walked towards his car in which there was a knife and was shot 7 times. He was then handcuffed to his hospital bed while paralysed.
    Kyle Riffenhouse armed himself, drove across state lines, inserted himself in to a protest and killed two people.

If you genuinely want to see the protests stop, you should hope he is charged and tried accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Yes, I suspect that they would be disciples of identity politics in general.
    People intent on disrupting society in one form or another, they move from one issue to another .
    Race, feminism, lgbt, trans, climate etc.
    The constantly outraged.

I suppose that why they're always out protesting and not working . They wasting 4 years on a worthless degree that won't get them jobs in the real world and have nothing better to do. Most of the white fellas I see at them protests look like they've never done a hard days work in their lives. If I worked in HR and one of these idiots came looking for a job you'd throw their CV in the bin straight away

I suppose that why they're always out protesting and not working . They wasting 4 years on a worthless degree that won't get them jobs in the real world and have nothing better to do. Most of the white fellas I see at them protests look like they've never done a hard days work in their lives. If I worked in HR and one of these idiots came looking for a job you'd throw their CV in the bin straight away

This in itself explains why you have such an issue with the idea that it is not acceptable for police to act purely on their prejudicial views.

o1s1n wrote: »
    My comment was more aimed at your 'he had a right to be there'

Nobody should be strolling down the street with a firearm like that, it's insane.

You might not like it but it's permitted in America

He shouldn't have had the gun as he's under 18 but his attackers didn't know that. They just assumed they could overpower him using violence. That's hardly his fault they made that poor decision.

In Ireland the smoking age is 18. It doesn't give anyone the right to attack, overpower or steal from a person then justify it when they find out the person is 17.

Look, I've every sympathy for the families of the deceased but the deceased themselves were a mob and their lawlessness was their downfall.

Sure, they looked the part, felt tough, were quite sure of their physical abilities. They broke the law and received swift justice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Why was he carrying a gun illegally in the first place? Hopefully, he'll get prosecuted as an adult seeming as he was acting like a big boy with an AR15.

And my point proven right on time. Perfect

• Advertisement

They wasting 4 years on a worthless degree that won't get them jobs in the real world and have nothing better to do. If I worked in HR and one of these idiots came looking for a job you'd throw their CV in the bin straight away

What degrees do you think people in HR usually have ;)

Overheal wrote: »
    You can call him a minor all night but he's already been charged as an adult.

Yes. But only for what he's being charged with.

I suspect alot of them are college students and the Universities in the US being staunchely far left have indoctrinated them due to their gullible nature.

And this is from your extensive experience at US universities I gather :rolleyes: If I start talking about the gullible nature of the Irish how would that sound?

Yes. But only for what he's being charged with.

.....aaaaaand?

And this is from your extensive experience at US universities I gather :rolleyes: If I start talking about the gullible nature of the Irish how would that sound?

I have worked in Universities both in Ireland and the US so I think I have experience.

Jacob Blake walked towards his car in which there was a knife and was shot 7 times. He was then handcuffed to his hospital bed while paralysed.
    Kyle Riffenhouse armed himself, drove across state lines, inserted himself in to a protest and killed two people.

Blake is handcuffed because he's not in jail and he's facing justice for a crime.

Kyle Rittenhouse is in jail and he's also facing justice.

Blake resisted arrest and reached into his car which contained a weapon.

Rittenhouse approached police with his hands up and complied with their orders (including to get off the road)

If Rittenhouse approached police with his hands on his gun and ignored orders the outcome would have been much different.

Similarly if Blake complied with police he wouldn't have ended up like a human beanbag full of lead.

I have worked in Universities both in Ireland and the US so I think I have experience.

And I've attended Universities both in Ireland and the US and worked in Universities in the US so that's why what you've said sounds baseless and farcical.

.....aaaaaand?

Exactly. What's your point.

He's been charged with murder and that charge is tried as an adult.

But if he's innocent of murder, well he's a minor so open carry while underage probably isn't that serious (i say probably, i don't know for certain). Maybe they'll decide he's been through enough and recommend community service.

And I've attended Universities both in Ireland and the US and worked in Universities in the US so that's why what you've said sounds baseless and farcical.

That would perfectly explain your posting style and beliefs .

• Advertisement

Exactly. What's your point.

He's been charged with murder and that charge is tried as an adult.

But if he's innocent of murder, well he's a minor so open carry while underage probably isn't that serious (i say probably, i don't know for certain). Maybe they'll decide he's been through enough and recommend community service.

Sure when they're white it's always "they've been through enough." "Brock Turner has been through enough. We need to think about his future."

All people think about with a black person is their past and how to lock them up.

Advertisement