Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The issue here is systemic racism, this needs to be dealt with. People are protesting as they are angry and frustrated.

No, the issue is AA men resisting arrest over and over again, with the same outcome nearly every time.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well I live in a liberal open democracy in Ireland so I expect with have strong societal infrastructure structure so that it's unlikely thst a mob is going to come to my house and burn it. The issue here is systemic racism, this needs to be dealt with. People are protesting as they are angry and frustrated.
    What is the systemic racism you have witnessed in Ireland?
    I don't doubt there is racism, just not systemic (whatever that means).

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

TomTomTim wrote: »
    We already have an example of just this with the Mayor of Seattle. They didn't care, and even supported the movement till it arrived on her doorstep. She very quickly changed her tune once that happened. These types are highly narcissistic, and don't give a damn about the affects of such actions until it is literally on their doorstep. They are quiet frankly bad people.

The democratic, left leaning, mayor of Portland is trapped in his apartment as protestors are in the lobby demanding his resignation. The protestors want to defund the police and last night started to light fires on the street.

The same protestors complained to the building security guards when residents of the apartment block emptied buckets of water onto the protestors below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Well I live in a liberal open democracy in Ireland so I expect with have strong societal infrastructure structure so that it's unlikely thst a mob is going to come to my house and burn it. The issue here is systemic racism, this needs to be dealt with. People are protesting as they are angry and frustrated.

I'm OK Jack - is that it? So you don't give a ****e about the other people (of all races) being attacked and their neighbourhoods and places of work being looted and destroyed ?

Yet here you are excusing the mob who are looting and destroying other peoples neighbourhoods and places of work in another democratic county. Nice!

So you claim we have people supposedly angry at the police expressing 'anger and fustration' Yet that same movement is evidently using that as an excuse for criminal activity against their fellow citizens. And you are surprised when the same people who are being attacked - start to fight back?

Tbh that type of apologism is utterly despicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The democratic, left leaning, mayor of Portland is trapped in his apartment as protestors are in the lobby demanding his resignation. The protestors want to defund the police and last night started to light fires on the street.

The same protestors complained to the building security guards when residents of the apartment block emptied buckets of water onto the protestors below.

Look at the left eat itself lol. That idiot gave the protesters a free reign and that's how they repay him. You couldn't make it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

And another stereotype joins the conversation. Given your views on the other thread, beyond this comment, I will not be engaging with you on this one.
    I am 100% sure you have nothing to add beyond the same type of regressive hyperbole I am familiar with.

As I and others have stated here, this current phase of protests (over 6 years) at this point is not too dissimilar to the process by which previous advances were brought about in terms of how black people were treated. I have no doubt but that many of those against the protests now, would have been against the calls for change at the time of civil rights marches of the 60's.

Change is coming, it won't be rapid, or a complete and perfect solution but it is coming.

How long do you allow people to destroy livelihoods (including those whom are meant to benefit) before this change comes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

There is no systemic racism in Ireland or America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Is that the same protestors who attacked a person in Portland who they claimed was filming them, then attacked a trans woman and a couple who tried to help those being attacked and in turn who were beaten to a pulp by the same protestors"?

And these "protestors" want to defund the police?
    Portland’s mayor said he denounces "all violence" in response to Sunday’s brutal beatdown of a man who crashed a pickup near Black Lives Matters protesters in an ugly scene

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-denounces-all-violence-after-brutal-attack-on-pickup-driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Here they are having a concert outside the apartment. You'll be doing well to find a more useless looking group of people on the planet . I wouldn't let them run a bath never mind the country . Most of them couldn't t change their clothes never mind the system

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299562132699115526?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Here they are having a concert outside the apartment. You'll be doing well to find a more useless looking group of people on the planet . I wouldn't let them run a bath never mind the country . Most of them couldn't t change their clothes never mind the system

These idiots will get Trump 4 more years mark my words.

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Is that the same protestors who attacked a person in Portland who they claimed was filming them, then attacked a trans woman and a couple who tried to help those bring attacked and in turn who were beaten to a pulp by the same protestors"?

And these "protestors" want to defund the police?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-denounces-all-violence-after-brutal-attack-on-pickup-driver

At least one of them involved in that horrific attack has travelled to DC......

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299605484270362627

"I got white people **** to do"
    https://twitter.com/AlexMilanTracy/status/1299532563447341056?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

So Jacob Blakes GoFundMe has received $2 million+ I would say his victim should receive that as repatriations. It's mental that so many people are getting behind and supporting this scumbag. Who donates to a fcking rapist? Well most of us know exactly the type ........... #Metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This lad is scheduled for later on this evening. Legit thought it was yoko ono

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1299199391979327489

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So Jacob Blakes GoFundMe has received $2 million+ I would say his victim should receive that as repatriations. It's mental that so many people are getting behind and supporting this scumbag. Who donates to a fcking rapist? Well most of us know exactly the type ........... #Metoo

Thanks for reminding me to donate.

I expected them to be more ethnically diverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There are other wife beating sex offenders that need your help more.

You can't help them all though, don't feel guilty about that.

Danzy wrote: »
    There are other wife beating sex offenders that need your help more.

You can't help them all though, don't feel guilty about that.

I’m donating towards his family.

At least the BLM protesters tend to wear masks. Why wasn't Rittenhouse wearing a mask? Gullible pup he is.

Heres some white supremacists targeting black and hispanic looters during the LA riots also not wearing masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU

There is no systemic racism in Ireland or America

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry! You needs to educate yourself. You probably think there is no sectarianism in northern Ireland. Life would be so easy if I held your views.

Heres some white supremacists targeting black and hispanic looters during the LA riots also not wearing masks

Bobby boy. You do realise covid-19 wasn't around in 1992? The clue is in the name.

• Advertisement

He said about 30, and if there were 3 guys that would leave how many girls? Hardly need to be Clouseau to subtract 3 from 30. Maths not a strong point?

Does been good at maths be able to tell that everybody is under the age of 22? Pretty decent at maths and calculations actually. You need to be as part of the job.

What strikes me with all the videos I'm seeing is how stupid the protesters are coming across as..
    It kind of seems like they've been raised on slogans, and can't structure thought beyond four words..
    They just all seem so thick..

What strikes me with all the videos I'm seeing is how stupid the protesters are coming across as..
    It kind of seems like they've been raised on slogans, and can't structure thought beyond four words..
    They just all seem so thick..

Most Americans are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Sand

While its laughable on one level, it also shows what these people are all about. Ugliness and nihilism.

That's dedication!

However, I'd argue if you ACTUALLY cared, you would have already donated or at the very least, not needed to be reminded.

It almost reads as "virtue signalling" or lying to score points on the internet.

But I'm sure that's not the case.

That's dedication!

However, I'd argue if you ACTUALLY cared, you would have already donated or at the very least, not needed to be reminded.

It almost reads as "virtue signalling" or lying to score points on the internet.

But I'm sure that's not the case.

I didn’t know there was a donation page.
    Only gave 10 dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,119 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Can't you recognise talent when you see it ? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

We should model ourselves more on East Asian countries than America.
    "More Busan than Boston"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Given your belief in self defense and the complete crickets from other self defense advocates on this thread when I originally posed the question, I'd like to ask you directly how many people you believe the person in the van would get away with shooting an killing in the second video and it be deemed self defense? How many bullets would be acceptable to fire into the crowd attacking the van?

Firstly, nobody has the right to damage property. The people attacking the van are scum.

Secondly, banging on the outside of the van is one thing, but as soon as someone opens the door of the van and attempts to drag the person out, that's grounds for self-defence right there. I'd have no problem with whoever was in the van aerating the head of the first person in through the van door. Or aerating the head of the second person in through the van door and so on.

Thirdly, if the first guy getting shot didn't stop people trying to get into the van, I would guess that he could shoot everybody who attempts to climb into the van or to drag him out. If he had to shoot 10 people because 10 people kept trying to get into the van to assault him, then so be it.

Fourthly, I'm not advocating spraying the crowd, just shoot the person directly attacking you until they can't attack you any more. If that means putting four or five shots into them, so be it.

Lastly, as long as people keep attacking and trying to assault the person in the van, then it's self-defence.

By the way, I'm differentiating between banging on the van and trying to enter the van. Two different things. I don't advocate shooting someone for banging on the van, but as soon as they try to enter it, different ball game then.

Does that answer your question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I like to see them as actual people rather than animals. So maybe you should take a look at your own values. Back to the dehumanising. Did JB in any way act stupid?

I believe in the US people have the right to protest. Is that stupid?

I'd say your mask is slipping but you aren't a fan of them either.

Attacking property isn't protesting.

Harrassing people isn't protesting.

Burning and looting isn't protesting.

Protesting is a legal right. Attacking, harrassing, burning and looting aren't legal activities.

Advertisement