Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like to see them as actual people rather than animals.
    I agree and think you are making a very important point.
    We must respect each other as human beings even thought there are political or other differences.
    My/your worst enemy is still human even when they say or do despicable things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

I’m donating towards his family.

You should have donated to the Justice for Cannon Hinnant fund but you probably weren't even aware of this brutal killing of a 5 year old boy by a black man in the boys own front garden because the victim was white.

Not a peep in the media, if the race was reversed we would never hear the end of it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-cannon

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Attacking property isn't protesting.

Harrassing people isn't protesting.

Burning and looting isn't protesting.

Protesting is a legal right. Attacking, harrassing, burning and looting aren't legal activities.

You forgot to mention torturing animals(puppy, horse) and beating them to death (raccoon).

Can people not comprehend that the vast majority of crime in the US is committed by colored people despite them only making up a very low % of the population. Nearly every single case of police brutality has stemmed from the victim committing a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can people not comprehend that the vast majority of crime in the US is committed by colored people despite them only making up a very low % of the population. Nearly every single case of police brutality has stemmed from the victim committing a crime.

GTF with that nonsense.

• Advertisement

Attacking property isn't protesting.

Harrassing people isn't protesting.

Burning and looting isn't protesting.

Protesting is a legal right. Attacking, harrassing, burning and looting aren't legal activities.

There was a conversation on thread yesterday relating to the numbers of people involved in BLM protests who have been arrested.

The ratio of protesters to looters stands at 2000:1, or 0.05%.

Do you think such a ratio/Percentage invalidates the entire BLM protests, or the causes behind it?

GTF with that nonsense.

How is it nonsense? The facts don't lie

How is it nonsense? The facts don't lie

Read post #3487

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most Americans are.
    Half of Americans has an IQ below 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

It seems the whole incident at the gas station kicked off because the armed people protecting property had the cheek to put out a dumpster fire which the BLM rioters had started. There is footage of Kyle Rittenhouse running past a camera with a fire extinguisher in his hand. Minutes later according to the eye witness account in the court papers...

"as the defendant was walking Rosenbaum was trying to get closer to the defendant. When Rosenbaum advanced, the defendant did a “juke” move and started running. McGinnis stated that there were other people that were moving very quickly. McGinnis stated that they were moving towards the defendant. McGinnis said that according to what he saw the defendant was trying to evade these individuals."

This kid should never have been arrested, will get off and will make millions in lawsuits.

• Advertisement

They might as well rename BLM to #BetaMalesLivesMatter as any person i've come across IRL who supports BLM is either depending on the state/parents for their income, is frail, clearly doesn't exercise, does not have hobbies, emotional, hooked on social media and has a superior sense of entitlement to put it mildly and even the videos of protestors confirms this.

There is also a bizarre commonality with peados/criminals/sex offenders being part of Antifa/BLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The ratio of protesters to looters stands at 2000:1, or 0.05%.

Firstly, that figure above is absolute bullsh1t. There's no way anybody can put an accurate percentage on how many people are involved in looting, rioting, harrassment, property damage etc. Nobody here (or anywhere for that matter) can put a percentage on it that would stand up to any sort of peer review.

I'll even help you out in your argument. For all we know that figure of 0.05% might even be an overestimate so I wouldn't give it any credibility.
    Do you think such a ratio/Percentage invalidates the entire BLM protests, or the causes behind it?

Protest by all means. But cut out the burning, looting, harrassment etc. Do it legally.

As long as any small number of BLM activists are acting the boll1x, it brings down the credibility of the whole movement.

It seems the whole incident at the gas station kicked off because the armed people protecting property had the cheek to put out a dumpster fire which the BLM rioters had started. There is footage of Kyle Rittenhouse running past a camera with a fire extinguisher in his hand. Minutes later according to the eye witness account in the court papers...

"as the defendant was walking Rosenbaum was trying to get closer to the defendant. When Rosenbaum advanced, the defendant did a “juke” move and started running. McGinnis stated that there were other people that were moving very quickly. McGinnis stated that they were moving towards the defendant. McGinnis said that according to what he saw the defendant was trying to evade these individuals."

This kid should never have been arrested, will get off and will make millions in lawsuits.

Should be rewarded with a medal of honor, the scum tried to kill him like a pack of wolves and he retaliated, even the coward who he shot tried to feign surrender and then attempt to pull a gun. Details of the people he killed show they were criminals/sex offenders (no surprises there), so they are no loss to society.

They might as well rename BLM to #BetaMalesLivesMatter as any person i've come across IRL who supports BLM is either depending on the state/parents for their income, is frail, clearly doesn't exercise, does not have hobbies, emotional, hooked on social media and has a superior sense of entitlement to put it mildly and even the videos of protestors confirms this.

There is also a bizarre commonality with peados/criminals/sex offenders being part of Antifa/BLM.

Have you any evidence to support this libellous statement?

What age are you? Subscribing to alpha and beta nonsense.... I can refer you to plenty of dodgy cases involving sex offenders and paedophilia in the GOP btw. Jim Jordan to name but one..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Have you any evidence to support this libellous statement?

All 3 of the Antifa members shot by this kid were convicted felons. One was a convicted pedophile.

Firstly, that figure above is absolute bullsh1t. There's no way anybody can put an accurate percentage on how many people are involved in looting, rioting, harrassment, property damage etc. Nobody here (or anywhere for that matter) can put a percentage on it that would stand up to any sort of peer review.

I'll even help you out in your argument. For all we know that figure of 0.05% might even be an overestimate so I wouldn't give it any credibility.

Protest by all means. But cut out the burning, looting, harrassment etc. Do it legally.

As long as any small number of BLM activists are acting the boll1x, it brings down the credibility of the whole movement.

Let me guess, it's BS because it undermines your argument.
    That's a conservative estimate given the total number of protests which have gone on.

In your view, what percentage of participants in a movement/group performing illegal activity invalidates the entire movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

GTF with that nonsense.

Regarding gun crime and homicide it certainly would appear to be true. How have things changed?

According to the US Department of Justice
    African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost eight times higher than Whites, and the victim rate six times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of White victims killed by Whites and 93% of African American victims killed by African Americans

From the U.S. Census Bureau
    United States"Blacks account for the majority of gun homicide victims and arrestees in the US while Whites (including Hispanics) account for the majority of non-gun homicide victims and arrestees. Of the gun murder victims in the United States between 2007 and 2016, 57% were black, 40.6% white (including Hispanic), 1.35% Asian, 0.98% unknown race and 0.48% indigenous American. Non-gun homicides represented about 30% of total murders in the time period. 

Nicholas Sandmann settled 275 million and 250 million lawsuits against CNN and the Washington Post respectively. I doubt he got anything like those figures in the settlement but even a few percent would set him up for life.

Key thing is a lot of reporting on this incident implied or stated a gunman had opened fire on the crowd. Which is clearly untrue and pejorative. So he may be able to sue on those grounds.

What age are you? Subscribing to alpha and beta nonsense.... I can refer you to plenty of dodgy cases involving sex offenders and paedophilia in the GOP btw. Jim Jordan to name but one..

What does the GOP have to do with anything :rolleyes:

Are you seriously trying to say Alpha males and Beta males do no exist?

The mind boggles

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Regarding gun crime and homicide it certainly would appear to be true. How have things changed?

They haven't, that poster is a lost cause, no facts to back up their bizarre statements. Only emotion

Sand wrote: »
    All 3 of the Antifa members shot by this kid were convicted felons. One was a convicted pedophile.

And all had served their time. BLM is a pretty huge movement so to generalise it to a bunch of sex offenders and criminals is pretty dishonest. Also I've seen no indication that they have anything to do with antifa... So that's just a bit random.
    What does the GOP have to do with anything :rolleyes:

Are you seriously trying to say Alpha males and Beta males do no exist?

The mind boggles

Alpha and beta male nonsense originates in pickup artistry guides. It has no credible basis in either psychology or biology. It's pseudo science.

They haven't, that poster is a lost cause, no facts to back up their bizarre statements. Only emotion

It's very simple, there have been upwards of 20M protesting this summer.
    About 10,000 have been arrested for activities during the protests.

The implication was that everyone involved in the protests is engaging in illegal activity.
    They patently aren't and trying to deflect by giving figures in relation to crime figures not connected with the protests is comparing Apples with Oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Let me guess, it's BS because it undermines your argument.

Jaysus, how in the name of fcuk do you think it undermines my argument when I said that it might even help out your argument? :confused: Do you understand the word 'overestimate'. I'll quote myself below. Maybe you can read it again.
    In your view, what percentage of participants in a movement/group performing illegal activity invalidates the entire movement?

There's no way to answer that question. It's a nonsense question. I'll repeat myself once more though.

I'm not attempting to invalidate the movement. I'm just saying many of them (to use figures mentioned earlier in the thread 10,000+) are going about it the wrong way and actually turning reasonable people against the BLM movement.

There are police who have been convicted of pedophilia, are all policemen pedophiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That's why All lives matter

And all had served their time. BLM is a pretty huge movement so to generalise it to a bunch of sex offenders and criminals is pretty dishonest.

Yes, but the statement being challenged was that antifa/blm contained a large number of criminals, sex offenders and pedophiles. A kid shot 3 people at a BLM rally and hit 3 felons, 1 sex offender and 1 pedophile. Which supports the statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Most Americans are.

And the mask slips.

There are police who have been convicted of pedophilia, are all policemen pedophiles?

Also that fellow who was shot in the head was convicted in 2002 at age 18 for sex with a minor. So while I condemn it, it was nearly twenty years ago and seems to be used as some bizarre justification..
    Yes, but the statement being challenged was that antifa/blm contained a large number of criminals, sex offenders and pedophiles. A kid shot 3 people at a BLM rally and hit 3 felons, 1 sex offender and 1 pedophile. Which supports the statement.

It really doesn't. 3 people isn't a credible sampling of data and would never be considered to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

LoL from this video it was Rosenbaum who was pushing the dumpster when the fire extinguisher was used. So much for him chasing Rittenhouse cos he was afraid of his gun.

https://twitter.com/livesmattershow/status/1299058504813035520?s=20

Advertisement