Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

There are police who have been convicted of pedophilia, are all policemen pedophiles?

He's shoots three people and they're all pedos what are the odds on that . The protesters are professional victims, pedos , criminals, loners , social rejects and anarchists . Great bunch of lads Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Sand wrote: »
    All 3 of the Antifa members shot by this kid were convicted felons. One was a convicted pedophile.

Lad did his country a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

LoL from this video it was Rosenbaum who was pushing the dumpster when the fire extinguisher was used. So much for him chasing Rittenhouse cos he was afraid of his gun.

https://twitter.com/livesmattershow/status/1299058504813035520?s=20

That means what provoked the attack was him attempting to put out the fire. Which is not a crime. So his right to self defence is certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That's why All lives matter

Do you realise the difference in regular illegal activity, and when that illegal activity is carried out by an official government group, paid for with public funds, and specifically charged with keeping people safe who then treat a particular sector of society in an unfair or prejudicial manner?

A simple analogy.
    People in Ireland fly tip. Most people hate it but don't get too animated about it.
    Imagine the outrage there would be if it was county councils who were doing the fly tipping.

No one is saying crime is acceptable, but to suggest people who support BLM have lesser regard for the victims of other crime is at this point wilfully misinterpreting the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It's very simple, there have been upwards of 20M protesting this summer.
    About 10,000 have been arrested for activities during the protests.

The implication was that everyone involved in the protests is engaging in illegal activity.
    They patently aren't and trying to deflect by giving figures in relation to crime figures not connected with the protests is comparing Apples with Oranges.

It simple alright. It's evident from blm protests videos available online - that many of those involved in the movement are openly advocating and supporting attacks of non blacks, rioting including the looting and destruction of ordinary peoples property and directed attacks on neighbourhoods.

That you choose to try and defend such criminal activity on the basis of only a few (10,000) 'have been arrested" is truely deplorable

Again how would you feel when a mob rocks up to your door and attacks you or you family or loots your business. Will you go and stand at the side and cheer them as well?

• Advertisement

It really doesn't. 3 people isn't a credible sampling of data and would never be considered to be.

We can only analyse the data we have available to us. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Though I do accept Antifa draws its membership from two key categories: the dregs of society and the children of the very wealthiest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

gozunda wrote: »
    It is evident from blm protests videos available online - that many of those involved in tte movement are openly advocating and supporting attacks of non blacks, rioting including the looting and destruction of ordinary peoples property and directed attacks on neighnourhoods.

That you choose to try and defend such criminal activity on the basis of only a few 'have been arrested" is truely deplorable

Again how would you feel when a mob rocks up to your door and attacks you or you family or loots your business. Will you go and stand at the side and cheer them as well?

you forgot to mention torture one of your pets (puppy, horse and raccoons so far).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

We can only analyse the data we have available to us. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Though I do accept Antifa draws its membership from two key categories: the dregs of society and the children of the very wealthiest.

Very true, you will find that both have one thing in common, no purpose in life.

He's shoots three people and they're all pedos what are the odds on that . The protesters are professional victims, pedos , loners , social rejects and anarchists . Great bunch of lads Ted.

I would say you're engaging in gross generalisations. Firstly, only one person was convicted of sex with a minor in 2002 at age 18. No indication of anything since. Then you've got the reality that BLM is a hugely diverse group. You and other posters are doing everything you can to ignore that they have very real grievances that are backed up, time and time again.

BLM are not antifa and basing a conclusion on 3 people is the utmost in stupidity. And I would say it's more an act of confirmation bias.

He's shoots three people and they're all pedos what are the odds on that . The protesters are professional victims, pedos , loners , social rejects and anarchists . Great bunch of lads Ted.

Really, can you post a link that suggests all 3 were pedophiles?

• Advertisement

He cannot..

I would say you're engaging in gross generalisations. Firstly, only one person was convicted of sex with a minor in 2002 at age 18. No indication of anything since. Then you've got the reality that BLM is a hugely diverse group. You and other posters are doing everything you can to ignore that they have very real grievances that are backed up, time and time again.

Ye they're a diverse group alright, pedos, criminals , anarchists , looters , rich white virtue signallers , what a group of people. It's the type of movement anyone with a brain would avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

That means what provoked the attack was him attempting to put out the fire. Which is not a crime. So his right to self defence is certain.

At the 3m 45 second mark in this youtube video you can see video of Kyle Rittenhouse running past the camera with a fire extinguisher
    So on that day he worked as a life guard, removed graffiti from a local high school, protected business from being burnt down, performed first aid on injured BLM protestors and put out fires. What a psycho!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=542&v=ts43EskooaA&feature=emb_logo

BLM are not antifa and basing a conclusion on 3 people is the utmost in stupidity. And I would say it's more an act of confirmation bias.

Well the statement was regarding BLM/Antifa. And 3 people were selected at random from the crowd and all were convicted criminals.

As for BLM, you have to remember a third of all African American males in the US have a criminal conviction. If the African American males at a BLM rally were surveyed, it would be very reasonable to presume that ratio would be much higher given the violence, rioting and criminality that accompanies them.

Ye they're a diverse group alright, pedos, criminals , anarchists , looters , rich white virtue signallers , what a group of people. It's the type of movement anyone with a brain would avoid like the plague.

Do you think there were members of the civil rights movement with convictions? Cause there were. I would say it's reasonable for such a movement to develop when Police officers suffocate people to death and shoot people in the back seven times.

You're attempting to delegitimise a movement of millions of people who have very real concerns. I'm guessing it's because you're in denial the issues even exist.

Sorry got it wrong one pedo and two criminals . Still it says a lot about the movement , he shots three people they all have rap sheets. It's a bit like BLM martyr George Floyd , drug offenses , home invasion involving a gun being pointed at a pregnant woman . Man you'd want to start choosing your heros a bit better

At the 3m 45 second mark in this youtube video you can see video of Kyle Rittenhouse running past the camera with a fire extinguisher
    So on that day he worked as a life guard, removed graffiti from a local high school, protected business from being burnt down, performed first aid on injured BLM protestors and put out fires. What a psycho!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=542&v=ts43EskooaA&feature=emb_logo

He seems like a good kid with a decent sense of civic responsibility. But these are not values celebrated in the USA today. It's wall to wall nihilism. He's under very poor leadership bringing him into a trap like that riot.

Well the statement was regarding BLM/Antifa. And 3 people were selected at random from the crowd and all were convicted criminals.

As for BLM, you have to remember a third of all African American males in the US have a criminal conviction. If the African American males at a BLM rally were surveyed, it would be very reasonable to presume that ratio would be much higher given the violence, rioting and criminality that accompanies them.

I think you're exposing some of your views on black people more than anything tbh.

I think you're exposing some of your views on black people more than anything tbh.

I think you're out of arguments tbh.

Do you think there were members of the civil rights movement with convictions? Cause there were. I would say it's reasonable for such a movement to develop when Police officers suffocate people to death and shoot people in the back seven times.

You're attempting to delegitimise a movement of millions of people who have very real concerns. I'm guessing it's because you're in denial the issues even exist.

Hopefully when you defunded police issue it'll stop all black and black gun crime that kills thousands ever year .

• Advertisement

Sorry got it wrong one pedo and two criminals . Still it says a lot about the movement , he shots three people they all have rap sheets. It's a bit like BLM martyr George Floyd , drug offenses , home invasion involving a gun being pointed at a pregnant woman . Man you'd want to start choosing your heros a bit better

So, from 3 pedophiles to one who was convicted of sex with a minor when he was 18 and 2 more with criminal records.

A very different picture.

And you and others are still missing the point, but your manner in doing so is evidence why police systems need reform. You presume that prior convictions or suspicions of such entitles police to behave in a particular behaviour.

It absolutely does not.

So, from 3 pedophiles to one who was convicted of sex with a minor when he was 18 and 2 more with criminal records.

A very different picture.

And you and others are still missing the point, but your manner in doing so is evidence why police systems need reform. You presume that prior convictions or suspicions of such entitles police to behave in a particular behaviour.

It absolutely does not.

No we're assuming that people with criminal convictions are more likely to behave in a criminal manner than people without criminal convictions. That there is some correlation between criminal behavior and criminal convictions. That's reasonable.

No we're assuming that people with criminal convictions are more likely to behave in a criminal manner than people without criminal convictions. That there is some correlation between criminal behavior and criminal convictions. That's reasonable.

It's prejudicial.
    It doesn't validate excessive violence.
    It doesn't apply to Breonna Taylor.

I think you're out of arguments tbh.

You've generalised a large scale movement into a bunch of criminals based on 3 people. You've also ignored their very real grievances and likely could not care less that the justice system is weighted against black communities.

Hopefully when you defunded police issue it'll stop all black and black gun crime that kills thousands ever year .

Are you not concerned about stopping crime perpetrated by white people?

You can't help yourself can you.

You've generalised a large scale movement into a bunch of criminals based on 3 people. You've also ignored their very real grievances and likely could not care less that the justice system is weighted against black communities.

I've formed my views based on the available evidence. Your views diverge from the available evidence.

But go on then. What is their very real grievance and how is it advanced by attacking people and properties?

Any truth to the claims that the keys he stole from the woman he allegedly sexually assaulted were actually the car keys and he was getting into the car, with the kids in the back, when he was shot?

If thats the case it changes things for me as they could not have let him drive off, armed, with the kids. Not sure if its true.

I've formed my views based on the available evidence. Your views diverge from the available evidence.

But go on then. What is their very real grievance and how is it advanced by attacking people and properties?

20M Protested
    10K Arrested
    Vast majority of protests are so peaceful there isn't even a police presence in watching them.

The real grievance is prejudicial views and preemptive use of fatal options being practiced by police frequently on people who are black in colour.

the protests over the summer have drawn more and more attention to this and has recently led to some of the biggest sporting organisations in the country also saying enough is enough.

Every single person who sat down to watch a game in the last week to see it not go ahead will have thought for a second, 'FFS, what will it take to not have games cancelled' and eventually that message will flow through the teams owners and the competition organisers to those in a position to bring about change.

It won't be quick, but it's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Any truth to the claims that the keys he stole from the woman he allegedly sexually assaulted were actually the car keys and he was getting into the car, with the kids in the back, when he was shot?

If thats the case it changes things for me as they could not have let him drive off, armed, with the kids. Not sure if its true.

Nonsense. He was going to his car to grab a guitar and play a rendition of Imagine for the police, in order to bring communities together.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Advertisement