Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

20M Protested
    10K Arrested
    Vast majority of protests are so peaceful there isn't even a police presence in watching them.

And nobody has any problem with those peaceful protests. I certainly don't.

What I have a problem with is the 10,000+ ar5eholes who burn and loot and otherwise act the boll1x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I'm noticing a change in the narrative coming out of America be it on talk radio or independent news outlets. People have grown weary of the BLM looting brigade and their support for criminal thugs and even sex offenders within their ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

BattleCorp wrote: »

What I have a problem with is the 10,000+ ar5eholes who burn and loot and otherwise act the boll1x.

10K is a huge number when you consider that the cops pretty much just let them go at it for fear of being attacked and called racist/oppressive

Sand wrote: »
    I've formed my views based on the available evidence. Your views diverge from the available evidence.

But go on then. What is their very real grievance and how is it advanced by attacking people and properties?

Protests have firstly been largely peaceful. Black Americans face disproportionate treatment from the Police. This includes Police brutality. That's been recognized as an issue for decades and has resulted in deaths. These deaths include Eric Garner, Tamir Rice(who was only twelve) and Michael Brown.

In relation to available evidence, you're happy to label a movement of millions based on 3 people. No statistician would classify that as an acceptable sample size. You then attempted to use conviction levels of black people to bolster that argument. The logic would follow that you're happy to label black people in general as a bunch of criminals.

I'm noticing a change in the narrative coming out of America be it on talk radio or independent news outlets. People have grown weary of the BLM looting brigade and their support for criminal thugs and even sex offenders within their ranks.

This cant help them much either
    "who do we protect?...black criminals"

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299606576857145344?s=20

• Advertisement

You really do love your alt right figures...

And the mask slips.

What exact mask is slipping, Gerry boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

10K is a huge number when you consider that the cops pretty much just let them go at it for fear of being attacked and called racist/oppressive

It's 0.05% of those who have protested.

5 would be a huge number if it was in a crowd of 10.

If 0.05% is a huge number, then just 9 police forces of the nearly 18,000 in the US having some sort of ingrained systemic practice of prejudice and racist behaviour is all it should take for people to be outraged about what is going on within them.

Interesting far right right commentator you keep parroting off Bob. Might want to get a few more unbiased sources for your own mental health. You seem to be quoting yourself :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Protests have firstly been largely peaceful. Black Americans face disproportionate treatment from the Police. This includes Police brutality. That's been recognized as an issue for decades and has resulted in deaths. These deaths include Eric Garner, Tamir Rice(who was only twelve) and Michael Brown.

In relation to available evidence, you're happy to label a movement of millions based on 3 people. No statistician would classify that as an acceptable sample size. You then attempted to use conviction levels of black people to bolster that argument. The logic would follow that you're happy to label black people in general as a bunch of criminals.

Er hate to tell you bud but mike brown attacked a police officer after robbing a shop, he was lawfully killed through his own actions

nothing to do with police brutality even though it cost the cop his job and tarnished him for life

• Advertisement

This just 3 days after the single biggest actions in history by Major League Sports to show support for the protests.

I reckon there's a small chance you are listening to outlets which were against the protests from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Are you not concerned about stopping crime perpetrated by white people?

You can't help yourself can you.

No but you don't have white people blaming all there problems on everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Remember. You are a far-right, white supremacist, a terrorist and violent extremist if you defend yourself from dangerous, violent, and immoral filth.

EgmDo5TXsAA0jn4?format=jpg&name=medium

#1= Murdered by the BLM clan #2= Viciously attacked from behind #3= Alive

Countless attacks on people over the past 4 months from the usual suspects, unfortunately, has taken it to this level in order for people to defend themselves. Hopefully things will die down and there will be no exceptions for those who riot and attack people, going forward they'll learn not to chase an armed person.........I doubt that cause they're all tick

Interesting far right right commentator you keep parroting off Bob. Might want to get a few more unbiased sources for your own mental health. You seem to be quoting yourself :)

I provide a link to a video which according to you means I'm far right?

This is the problem with the far left/BLM mob -
    If you're not with them or you disagree with them about anything you are automatically a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gozunda wrote: »
    "Friendly fire" Are you for real? Those kids were deliberately targeted by thugs throwing projectiles. But perhaps you should try and explain that excuse to the people (of all races)who have been attacked and had their neighbourhoods and business looted and destroyed.

Tbh at best such comments are coming across as crass apoligism for criminal activity.

I’m not sure why you’re getting upset. Again your rant here is akin to saying “those troops were deliberately targeted by other troops” in this case it’s two sides that both believe black lives matter.
    Let me ask you as I asked another poster - how would you feel when a mob rocks up to your door and attacks you or you family or loots your business. You go to stand at the side and cheer them as well?

This is a loaded question that preassumes I’m off somewhere already standing on the side and cheering on looting or people attacking families. Hardly a Civil way to have a conversation here. And no, while I’m sure it wouldn’t need to be categorically stated in many other rooms of conversation no, I am not cheering on looting or attacks on families. So I don’t really understand the purpose of your question other than to impugn without merit the people you ask it of.

Countless attacks on people over the past 4 months from the usual suspects, unfortunately, has taken it to this level in order for people to defend themselves. Hopefully things will die down and there will be no exceptions for those who riot and attack people, going forward they'll learn not to chase an armed person.........I doubt that cause they're all tick

Egcu0chWoAEBWM_.jpg:large

Again, the protests are because the perpeators of police violence are government (effectively) employees specifically charged with keeping people safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Remember. You are a far-right, white supremacist, a terrorist and violent extremist if you defend yourself from dangerous, violent, and immoral filth.

EgmDo5TXsAA0jn4?format=jpg&name=medium

He was a white supremacist though.

How long do you allow people to destroy livelihoods (including those whom are meant to benefit) before this change comes?

That’s what millions of people have been asking of our police institutions.

Attacking property isn't protesting.

Harrassing people isn't protesting.

Burning and looting isn't protesting.

Protesting is a legal right. Attacking, harrassing, burning and looting aren't legal activities.

No lies detected.

biko wrote: »
    I agree and think you are making a very important point.
    We must respect each other as human beings even thought there are political or other differences.
    My/your worst enemy is still human even when they say or do despicable things.

I’m a bit depressed the comment above this got 12 thanks and this one got none.

• Advertisement

You should have donated to the Justice for Cannon Hinnant fund but you probably weren't even aware of this brutal killing of a 5 year old boy by a black man in the boys own front garden because the victim was white.

Not a peep in the media, if the race was reversed we would never hear the end of it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-cannon

The killer was arrested the same day. I wasn’t aware there was any absence of justice being meted out?

I provide a link to a video which according to you means I'm far right?

This is the problem with the far left/BLM mob -
    If you're not with them or you disagree with them about anything you are automatically a racist.

Did I say you are far right? Why are you playing the victim card? Just suggested that you get more unbiased news.

That's why All lives matter

I’m guessing all of those people photographed in the left column are in jail and being served justice? So clearly their lives matter. The problem at hand is cops who kill with impunity and in some cases now, militias who kill with impunity.

gozunda wrote: »
    It simple alright. It's evident from blm protests videos available online - that many of those involved in the movement are openly advocating and supporting attacks of non blacks, rioting including the looting and destruction of ordinary peoples property and directed attacks on neighbourhoods.

That you choose to try and defend such criminal activity on the basis of only a few (10,000) 'have been arrested" is truely deplorable

Again how would you feel when a mob rocks up to your door and attacks you or you family or loots your business. Will you go and stand at the side and cheer them as well?

Is protesting illegal activity? You’re accusing the poster of “defending criminal activity” because those who have been rioting have been getting arrested and condemned separately. I’m not sure what attack you’re trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Overheal wrote: »
    I’m not sure why you’re getting upset. Again your rant here is akin to saying “those troops were deliberately targeted by other troops” in this case it’s two sides that both believe black lives matter.

This is a loaded question that preassumes I’m off somewhere already standing on the side and cheering on looting or people attacking families. Hardly a Civil way to have a conversation here. And no, while I’m sure it wouldn’t need to be categorically stated in many other rooms of conversation no, I am not cheering on looting or attacks on families. So I don’t really understand the purpose of your question other than to impugn without merit the people you ask it of.

One word. Bollox. And nice projection but the only ones apparently getting upset are those losing the argument in support of violence and thuggery.

Btw exactly which comment are you reading? Its not mine for sure.

The incident commented on was black protestors firing projectiles at those actually showing support for them

There were no "troops". Just mindless thugs.

That you chose to deny and ignore the violence of the protests against other races is telling.

You don't need to be "off somewhere" cheerleading the actions of violent criminals looting and wrecking fellow citizens neighborhoods. You seem to be doing just fine here tbh attempting to justify the destruction and looting going on like it's somehow excusable. News for ya - it's not.

Well the good news is they’re almost entirely all being arrested in droves so..

I’m guessing all of those people photographed in the left column are in jail and being served justice? So clearly their lives matter. The problem at hand is cops who kill with impunity and in some cases now, militias who kill with impunity.

"militias who kill with impunity"

LoL don't let facts get in the way of your storytelling.
    He has been arrested. This is the charge sheet....
    https://www.mystateline.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/17/2020/08/Rittenhouse.pdf

Although the evidence suggests it is a wrongful arrest but that would not suit your agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mr Rittenhouse should have laid down his gun and allowed the mob to kick him to death.

I’m a bit depressed the comment above this got 12 thanks and this one got none.

I wouldn't take that as any sign of anything.

According to Boards, Peter Casey was going to walk the last Presidential election.

Same on Climate action. Biggest single day protests in human history, according to Boards, no one cares about the climate.

• Advertisement

Mr Rittenhouse should have laid down his gun and allowed the mob to kick him to death.

They probably weren't going to travel to his house looking for him though were they.
    Or if he hadn't shot people then they might not have had reason to try to subdue him.

Advertisement