Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

For the hundreds of posts which Overheal has made on this thread, I bet you wont find a single one which supports violence and thuggery.

silence is violence

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If my posts make no sense to you and you’re going to continue in attacking me personally rather than focusing on the subject at large then all the better to respect my decision not to engage you further.

As I stated, I clearly understand how the incident occurred, I do not condone it and the people outside were absolutely in the wrong to attack those people in the house playing beer pong. I think that’s the last word we need to exchange about it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This is not going to do him any favours (if its him)

https://twitter.com/Commanderk59/status/1299733789531205632?s=20

What a scumbag.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    silence is violence

You advocated for violence, you said treat them like animals...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's literally the exact same scenario.

He shot at people, they attacked him to try to make him stop, he killed them.

The first shot he fired was at the man who was chasing him in the parking lot. There's no evidence (thus far) that he had pulled the trigger prior to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

It must be because you're supporting violence and thuggery there for the last two months..

Consistently

You advocated for violence, you said treat them like animals...

again no i didn't call anybody animals, again putting words in mouth, people demonstrating animal behavior need to be treated as such, as i said earlier call the relevant authorities.

again no i didn't call anybody animals, again putting words in mouth, people demonstrating animal behavior need to be treated as such, as i said earlier call the relevant authorities.

Shifting the goalpost. He said you said *treat them like* animals, which you did.

Not that I understand your comment about “calling the authorities” - is this to say you view calling the authorities as treating someone like an animal :confused: This leads me to think “calling the authorities” is not really what you had in mind when you said treat them like animals, but that’s just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Consistently

Except they haven't

They have argued that the protests are justified and that they are overwhelmingly attended by peaceful people.

Overheal wrote: »
    Shifting the goalpost. He said you said *treat them like* animals, which you did.

people exhibiting animal behavior obviously need to be treated as such by calling the relevant authorities for mine and their safety. You were wrong yesterday and you are wrong again today, deal with it.

• Advertisement

Never said anything about you calling people animals. Treating people as animals indicates you wish to treat people in some abusive, less than human way so that's advocating for violence. Meanwhile Overheal hasn't behaved in any such way. In fact, a fair few posters seem to advocate for violence, I've seen loads in this thread celebrate the killing of the three men.

people exhibiting animal behavior obviously need to be treated as such by calling the relevant authorities for mine and their safety. You were wrong yesterday and you are wrong again today, deal with it.

Lol.

By your rational.

Is calling authorities treating someone like an animal? That doesn’t make much sense. It sounds like a post-facto rationale for calling for them to be treated like animals. Why wouldn’t you just say “the cops should be called” not “they should be treated like animals?”

I call the cops when someone rear ended me am I treating them like an animal? See it makes very little sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

What? The facts that the people who killed Breonna Taylor and Tamir Rice have not been prosecuted for their crimes?

Or that Jacob Blake was surrouned by 3 cops who felt the need to shoot him 7 times in the back to try to stop him?

Or that Kyle Riffenhouse killed 2 people, approached police while armed with a weapon and was ignored and let go home?

Or that the US police system facilitates such behaviour?

Or that there is massive public sentiment calling for changes in this respect?

Or that Major Sporting Organisations are now backing calls for change?

Those facts is it?

I see you've dropped Mike brown from your list of the innocent,
    did you read this the last time I posted it ?
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/63943132/breonna-taylor-summary-redacted1

Miss Taylor and her bf was actively involved in drugs trafficking and was shot after her homie opened fire at police .

a criminal trying at the least to evade police while armed with a knife or to get a weapon to attack . he could have surrendered at any time no ? also only one cop fired ,

I see that the NBA started playing again when it was going to cost them money , what hero's

Social change sure fine ,

looting rioting and rampant race crimes no

Is calling authorities treating someone like an animal? That doesn’t make much sense. It sounds like a post-facto rationale for calling for them to be treated like animals. Why wouldn’t you just say “the cops should be called” not “they should be treated like animals?”

Unless he believes that the police may behave brutally in which case he just approves of police brutality. Weird!

Unless he believes that the police may behave brutally in which case he just approves of police brutality. Weird!

whats weird is you thinking of scenarios in your head of what other posters might think.

Which makes the most sense, wanting the police to treat them like animals. Which begs the question still. I suppose he means treat them the same way that raccoon was treated by rioters, in a grotesque, lethal, an inhumane manner.

Which makes the most sense, wanting the police to treat them like animals. Which begs the question still. I suppose he means treat them the same way that raccoon was treated by rioters, in a grotesque, lethal, an inhumane manner.

You need help my friend, your thinking too much about what others might think.

There's not many ways that treating people like animals can be read......

There's not many ways that treating people like animals can be read......

in your head i bet there is a lot of ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

If my posts make no sense to you and you’re going to continue in attacking me personally rather than focusing on the subject at large then all the better to respect my decision not to engage you further.

As I stated, I clearly understand how the incident occurred, I do not condone it and the people outside were absolutely in the wrong to attack those people in the house playing beer pong. I think that’s the last word we need to exchange about it tbh.

Nope - absolutely no attack. I have commented on the contents of your comments to date and have detailed same which do not make sense.
    Read them again if you are confused about that.

And yes those people were wrong to attack those kids showing support. Glad we now agree on that at least

It remains the current movement is now losing all credability because of the actions of those violent 'protestors' who chose to support the looting and destruction of their fellow citizens places of work and neighborhoods - for the reason they can.

Given you’ve stated they should be treated like animals you have every opportunity here to clarify what you mean, as it’s surely not as simple as “calling the police,” and since by extension the police once called have to do something - clearly once on the scene the hope is to treat them like animals yes?

Given your silence on wanting to cordially clarify what you really mean I’m going to assume the answer is violence, but am happy to be corrected. That is what you said a few minutes ago: “silence is violence” Based on what’s been said so far it sounds precisely that you want police to be treating them like animals, which still begs the question how should they be treated under that category? What happens to them after the police are called?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I see you've dropped Mike brown from your list of the innocent,
    did you read this the last time I posted it ?
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/63943132/breonna-taylor-summary-redacted1

Miss Taylor and her bf was actively involved in drugs trafficking and was shot after her homie opened fire at police .

a criminal trying at the least to evade police while armed with a knife or to get a weapon to attack . he could have surrendered at any time no ? also only one cop fired ,

I see that the NBA started playing again when it was going to cost them money , what hero's

Social change sure fine ,

looting rioting and rampant race crimes no

I don't think I have ever mentioned Mike Brown.

What difference does it make? Police fired indiscriminately killing her after someone didn't announce themselves at the door in the middle of the night.

If a white person shot through their door, I have no doubt you would be defending their 2nd amendment right to protect themselves.

Again, your use of the term 'rampant race crimes' indicates to me that you are ok with police being judge, jury and executioner based only on a feeling that someone is a criminal.

If the police were killing white people in the same way, and had been doing so for decades, there would have long been changes called for.

Given you’ve stated they should be treated like animals you have every opportunity here to clarify what you mean, as it’s surely not as simple as “calling the police,” and since by extension the police once called have to do something - clearly once on the scene the hope is to treat them like animals yes?

Given your silence on wanting to cordially clarify what you really mean I’m going to assume the answer is violence, but am happy to be corrected. That is what you said a few minutes ago: “silence is violence” Based on what’s been said so far it sounds precisely that you want police to be treating them like animals, which still begs the question how should they be treated under that category? What happens to them after the police are called?

silence is violence is the blm word for not speaking up about racial injustices just as you dont speak up about violence at these protests, treat them as animals is pretty simple, you see a wild dog approaching you in an aggressive manner, you be wary try to get out of the situation and inform relevant authorities, one poster here went so far to say that what iemant was i think all women should be treated like animals, to say that you would need a very warped mind i hope you agree. im using dog in this analogy so dont come back and say i called her a dog.

in your head i bet there is a lot of ways.

The f*ck does this even mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

12.7% of the population but responsible for more murder, nonnegligent manslaughter and robbery than any other race.

Black people need to start looking in the mirror and stop blaming white people for their circumstances.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2&selYrs=2018&rdoGroups=3&rdoData=c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the only positive from the last few days is that there maybe less instances untrained young gun enthusiasts willing to risk their futures going out to their way to the riots/protests happening near them. Even if Rittenhouse doesnt see prison time I can't see him becoming a police officer or joining the army (I think these are his career aspirations) so this has negatively affected his future prospects.
    Some posters definitely seem to think only those without a criminal record should be protected under the law, which is definitely dangerous thinking!

silence is violence is the blm word for not speaking up about racial injustices just as you dont speak up about violence at these protests,

except that I have spoken up about violence at the protests so I take exception to that mischaracterizing.
    treat them as animals is pretty simple, you see a wild dog approaching you in an aggressive manner, you be wary try to get out of the situation and inform relevant authorities, one poster here went so far to say that what iemant was i think all women should be treated like animals, to say that you would need a very warped mind i hope you agree. im using dog in this analogy so dont come back and say i called her a dog.

So when you call the relevant authorities do they treat them like human beings or what

So when you call the relevant authorities do they treat them like human beings or what

they get them the help they need. Hope that clears it up as im off out for the night, again i agree with the blm premise but as i have repeatedly said loons on every side need to be admonished.

• Advertisement

12.7% of the population but responsible for more murder, nonnegligent manslaughter and robbery than any other race.

Black people need to start looking in the mirror and stop blaming white people for their circumstances.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2&selYrs=2018&rdoGroups=3&rdoData=c

What crime had Eric Garner committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Tamir Rice committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Breonna Taylor committed that warranted her being killed?
    What crime had George Floyd committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Jacob Blake committed that warranted him being paralysed?

All acts above carried out by people expressively paid and instructed to keep people in society safe.

That is why there are protests. A police force cannot use excessive force or treat one sector of society in a different way to others.

Advertisement