Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Colion Noir take on the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE&feature=youtu.be

cant bate a bit of the auld fentanyl of a morning

It is incredibly moreish. I suppose in your eyes, it's a horrible drug?

statesaver wrote: »
    If they had followed Police instructions they would be alive now, well maybe not George. The drugs in his system would of killed him.

Hmmm. Given GF's weight and supposed tolerance to fentanyl. It's unlikely. I've seen higher ng/ml in therapeutic use. Frail elderly ladies as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If they had followed Police instructions they would be alive now, well maybe not George. The drugs in his system would of killed him.

I think the problem with Breonna Taylor is there was no instruction I think there should always be a shout who you are before going in. As for George no it was the knee on the neck unless you have 100% proof it was the drugs in his system.

I have no problem with the protests but the looting and vandalism is just wrong and seriously undermines the reasons for the protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It is incredibly moreish. I suppose in your eyes, it's a horrible drug?

I've never had the pleasure, why would you suppose that?

• Advertisement

I've never had the pleasure, why would you suppose that?

Your comment about having a bit of it in the morning. Care to clarify what you meant.

Your comment about having a bit of it in the morning. Care to clarify what you meant.

Certainly a muinteoir, do i need my solicitor present?

Certainly a muinteoir, do i need my solicitor present?

Not at all. Just intrigued on your opinion about fentanyl.

love to give it a shot but too chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Yet another extremist right wing Twitter account. Interesting people you follow on Twitter.

As far as I'm aware, Wisconsin doesn't have a stand your ground gun law. It has one to do with protecting your property. He didn't have any property in Kenosha. He didn't have any right to shoot people indiscriminately. I know he's only a kid but he'll be an old man before he gets out of prison.

I got that from his lawyers twitter account. Again you are alluding to me being right wing just because I don't agree with you.

FYI no left wing twitter accounts are posting videos of the riots, looting or violence happening across America in the name of the BLM movement

• Advertisement

Colion Noir take on the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE&feature=youtu.be

Best summary Ive seen so far thanks.
    Anyone who thinks Rittenhouse was some nazi who went out to kill black people (as is being said by the far left nut jobs) should watch this video.
    A lawyer (who happens to be black) who clearly knows what he is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Best summary Ive seen so far thanks.
    Anyone who thinks Rittenhouse was some nazi who went out to kill black people (as is being said by the far left nut jobs) should watch this video.
    A lawyer (who happens to be black) who clearly knows what he is talking about.

Well, that gun business owning and second amendment advocate has definitely changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Overheal wrote: »
    No he only had 11 ng/mL fentanyl in his system. It’s not what killed him.
    Don't know about that...
    The recommended serum concentration for analgesia is 1–2 ng/ml and for anaesthesia it is 10–20 ng/ml. Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved.
    https://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/drug-profiles/fentanyl_en

what else did he have in his system?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Don't know about that...

11.8 ng/mL was the control group in the study I posted the other day and therefore I don’t thing the data really supports that charge. The folks in the study who died of an overdose had 20-28 ng/mL or more in their system.

Well, that gun business owning and second amendment advocate has definitely changed my mind.

Well ill be damned. A social justice warrior succumbing to facts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

11.8 ng/mL was the control group in the study I posted the other day and therefore I don’t thing the data really supports that charge. The folks in the study who died of an overdose had 20-28 ng/mL or more in their system.

He also had a pre-existing heart condition and covid iirc. A nice cocktail of factors.

here is new footage of when Rosenbaum starts to charge at Rittenbaum who immediately runs into the car lot and is trapped between Rosenbaum and other BLM protesters smashing up cars.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1299785044282671104?s=20

Rice was shot on the spot.... He was twelve.

Control group? You mean they died while high on fentanyl, rather than died of an overdose of fentanyl, don't know if they were poly drug users either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

He also had a pre-existing heart condition and covid iirc. A nice cocktail of factors.

Ya the police officer should be given an apology and his job back maybe some compensation also

• Advertisement

here is new footage of when Rosenbaum starts to charge at Rittenbaum who immediately runs into the car lot and is trapped between Rosenbaum and other BLM protesters smashing up cars.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1299785044282671104?s=20

The first shooter (handgun into the air) has been doxed on twitter. They were standing in front of Rittenhouse when Rosenbaum initially started to run at him

https://twitter.com/FenixAmmunition/status/1299737773495275521?s=20

And something like half of all Americans have co-morbidities.

So it sounds like police reform needs to happen that accounts for the fact that not all suspects, fewer than half of them, may be in great health to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I can guarantee that if he was shot dead there would be many people like there are on here, would be falling over themselves to defend and justify this kind of behavior that gets you killed! I was surprised that the other two woman getting involved and putting hands on the officers weren't moved shoved or got it.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1299749460486963200

The first shooter (handgun into the air) has been doxed on twitter. They were standing in front of Rittenhouse when Rosenbaum initially started to run at him

Control group? You mean they died while high on fentanyl, rather than died of an overdose of fentanyl, don't know if they were poly drug users either

No they were the natural control group.

No they were the natural control group.
    Transdermal fentanyl, an opioid used for management of marked pain, also is abused and may cause death.We reviewed medical examiner reports of 92 decedents who had one or more fentanyl transdermal patches on their body and had fentanyl detected in their postmortem toxicology analysis.The manners of death included 40 accidents, 36 natural, 8 suicides, 5 therapeutic complications, and 3 undetermined deaths. Among the accidental fentanyl intoxication deaths, 32 of 37 involved substance abuse. The majority (95 %) of the 37 accidental deaths involving fentanyl were multi-drug intoxications. The substance abuse deaths had a mean fentanyl blood concentration (26.4 ng/ml or μg/L) that was over twice that of the natural group (11.8 ng/ml).

I don't know, I'd presume natural deaths would include people in palliative care, using fentanyl for pain management

Transdermal fentanyl, an opioid used for management of marked pain, also is abused and may cause death.We reviewed medical examiner reports of 92 decedents who had one or more fentanyl transdermal patches on their body and had fentanyl detected in their postmortem toxicology analysis.The manners of death included 40 accidents, 36 natural, 8 suicides, 5 therapeutic complications, and 3 undetermined deaths. Among the accidental fentanyl intoxication deaths, 32 of 37 involved substance abuse. The majority (95 %) of the 37 accidental deaths involving fentanyl were multi-drug intoxications. The substance abuse deaths had a mean fentanyl blood concentration (26.4 ng/ml or μg/L) that was over twice that of the natural group (11.8 ng/ml).

I don't know, I'd presume natural deaths would include people in palliative care, using fentanyl for pain management

What we learn from the study is that they reviewed 92 dead people who:
    1. had one or more fentanyl transdermal patches on their body
    2. had fentanyl detected in their postmortem toxicology analysis

We know from it, that the manner of death of the subjects was:
    • 40/92 accidental
      • 37/40 were accidental deaths involving multi-drug intoxication
        • 32/37 involved substance abuse had a mean fentanyl blood concentration of 24 mg/mL
    • 36/92 natural causes - this group had a mean fentanyl blood concentration of 11.8 ng/mL
    • 8/92 suicides
    • 5/92 therapeutic complications (this would probably include palliative care)
    • 3/92 undetermined

And we know from George Floyd's postmortem toxicology report that he had a fentanyl blood concentration of 11 ng/mL

Ergo, I find it incredibly hard to believe that fentanyl is the supermajority factor in his death, vs the knee to his neck for 7 mins and 46 seconds.

I can guarantee that if he was shot dead there would be many people like there are on here, would be falling over themselves to defend and justify this kind of behavior that gets you killed!

:rolleyes:

You're presupposing quite a lot there. It's also no way to foster a positive discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I just seen the left wing media in America are now doing a 180 and saying what the rest of us have been saying for a long time, ie the majority of Black people do not want the police defunded, they are important in order to keep crime down in black neighborhoods.

• Advertisement

Don't know about that...

You don't know what you are talking about. Heard of tolerance? I've seen higher therapeutic doses off a 100mcg fentanyl 3/7. But keep victim blaming. It's not the neck restraint. It's the drugs. Sure;)

You do realise there are therapeutic uses for fentanyl, champ?

Advertisement